ⓣⓗⓔ ⓒⓞⓜⓕⓞⓡⓣ ⓒⓛⓤⓑ

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 1,712 comments

Turnaround race?

• Total voters
Nice set of pictures in both your last posts Jocke and the recap of the Nurb race was thrilling to read, very good 👍:bowdown:
It was good races all night but the thing I don´t like is when we are all on track at the same time during quali, I prefer solo, but it´s your event so you decide the rules :cheers:

No, I agree with you Goofy. Solo qualifying is the better way to go. But at least now we tried it with all cars on track.
I would also prefer solo from here on in, because the traffic you can get otherwise is not nice.
And I also noticed that since I was the host, I got to go out first on track every time. That's not very fair.
Solo it is.

And thanks for the compliments 👍

Hey! I'm responsible for starting Pitorsk off on his incredible comeback from last to the win. If I had not plowed into his right rear on braking too late in the 1st turn and put him in last through no fault of his own, it would have been just your "average finish in the pits for the win and be drinking the bubbly before any other car shows up" victory.
Well, if that is the case, and Pitorsk won because of it please plow into my right rear each and every race from now on. :)

Quality would not be a problem for me. I just want to see the final minute or so and I'm sure cgg would like to see it too. He might have been able to push it enough at the end to hold on to the trifecta for the night. Hard to lose a race to an invisible car and not wonder what if?

Eh Jocke i am out of Z8... Will miss second event now... :grumpy: because of changing schedule or no upfront schedule.....
Thing is, Smiley, from the very beginning I never meant for this to be a World Championship where points are life or death. This is a Club Championship where you join whenever you're willing and able.
I like awarding points even though there might not be any apparent goal to it. It's just a "side-quest" or a fun addition
to the actual racing. Something to look at and compare stats between drivers with.

Don't get me wrong, while it is only a fun addition I am very serious in keeping the stats perfect without any errors what so ever.
It shouldn't matter if you miss a race or several ones, because there is no goal in sight. Points could be viewed upon as bragging rights or something similar.
At some point maybe the points need to be reset? Any suggestions? 👍

Just needs some advanced planning - and you're sorted.
Top marks on enthusiasm and presentation though. ;)
You're very kind, If. Yes I have come to understand that scheduling and planning is key so that people aren't surprised when an event gets posted. Perhaps I ought to have known this from the start, but it's great to have people like yourself lending a helping hand.

It's not easy to plan something, usually I take every day as they come :)
But I looked at October and made a little something;

z8schedule_zpsdf628c11.jpg~original

October 1st:
Practice and 1 race lap around Circuit de la Sierra before FergusMik opens his Mini lobby.
*Time = 4:00pm EDT / 8:00pm GMT

The rest of the month I planned for Tuesdays and Saturdays at the same time as the Mini Series start,
5:00pm EDT / 9:00pm GMT.
Races/themes will be announced a few days in advance (locations, laps, weather, day/night/dusk/dawn etcetera).

Suggestions are welcome. I don't feel the need to decide everything on my own. It is a Club, after all.

Like this one;

At some point maybe the points need to be reset? Any suggestions?
Since you now have a nice and neat monthly calendar - why not reset the points at the start of every month?

With two races a week, a month is plenty of time for drivers to accumulate points. Even if they miss a few races.
Twelve winners a year, and you could have summer, autumn, winter and spring champions. It'll give everyone something to aim for.

Over to you.

PS. Smiley's DTM's run for the next 7 weeks. So both probably free after then.

Hello !

Very good with a race calendar !

With fixed times so it's easy to remember

When the race. At 9pm GMT time is a little late for me during the week but will probably be on some race anyway! Saturdays are perfect !
Good idea of ifAndOr with a score like that! 👍

Since you now have a nice and neat monthly calendar - why not reset the points at the start of every month?

With two races a week, a month is plenty of time for drivers to accumulate points. Even if they miss a few races.
Twelve winners a year, and you could have summer, autumn, winter and spring champions. It'll give everyone something to aim for.

Over to you.

I agree with If on this 👍

We tend to have other event on our forum on Saturdays but that´s not a problem IF SONY make a patch for all these problems that has been lately. Last Saturday we were supposed to have a competition with another forum and there was so much trouble with sound, people not seeing each other and disconnections. We tried all we could think of for almost 2 hours until we decided to postpone it until later.... apparently there are some rumors that rooms can be difficult to run if some drivers has installed the new extra clocks/dials etc. I´ll join you when we are done :cheers:

Not a bad idea to reset the points for every new calendar month. But before I can do that, though, someone needs to reach 2,000 points. If you remember I promised two PS3 games to the first driver reaching that plateau. When that goal has been reached I will reset the points. Won't be too long.

You think PD will keep the GT6 servers up for that long? I'm an optimist but I'm thinking they might not keep it online for twelve more months. How long was GT5 online in total?
This is awesome!! I like the agenda you created JOCKE!! this way I can look at the days that I work and it gives me a good excuse to be late OR switch schedules with CO-Workers!!
Just don't get fired, Manny. :nervous:
Hello !

will probably be on some race anyway! Saturdays are perfect !
Hey Markus, glad you want to continue racing the Z8.
You are quite an accomplished qualifier! One pole and always in the top 5. Well done. 👍
I´ll join you when we are done :cheers:
:cheers:

You think PD will keep the GT6 servers up for that long? I'm an optimist but I'm thinking they might not keep it online for twelve more months. How long was GT5 online in total?

GT5 was released on November 24, 2010
All online activity closed on 31 May 2014.

(GT6 was released December 6th 2013)

So if they keep GT6 the same, that's 2 years and 8 months left.
Someone should get to 2000 points by then. :D

For sure when the Daytona results plus the last races 9 and 10 are added to the total at the first page we will not have that many races left 4 or 5 maybe :cheers:

JockeP22
Only Daytona is still missing. I'm sending you a PM about that, Goofy.
Goofy has been very helpful and provided the missing information from the Daytona replay.
I will make a final update tomorrow, where all 10 races will be accounted for.
Thank you, Goofy. 👍

The Mayor of Sierra has personally invited us all to race a lap around his magnificent Circuit located at the northern end of the Sierra de Grazalema natural park in the Andalusia region of Spain.
Normally he doesn't extend special invites such as these to German car clubs, so this is a real privilege.
Bring your best Z8's, people. The Mayor expects nothing less. But beware everyone, he can be rather
eccentric at times.

Classic MINI Racing Club - Wednesday October 1st @ 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT - All Welcome

Those of you that had planned on joining FergusMik's Mini series (like myself) are welcome to practice and race for 1 lap around Sierra before he opens his lobby/room.

Z8 Sierra room will open at 4:00pm EDT / 8:00pm GMT and practice for a little while before a 1-lap race will commence. Easily ending in time for the Mini's.

Lookonthebrightside1_zps28e0eb3f.jpg~original

I don´t think that I can join beacuse I suspect that our Clio event will end about 30-45 min before Mik is opening the mini room so...... probably see you all in mik´s room then.

Goofy has been very helpful and provided the missing information from the Daytona replay.
I will make a final update tomorrow, where all 10 races will be accounted for.
Thank you, Goofy. 👍

The Mayor of Sierra has personally invited us all to race a lap around his magnificent Circuit located at the northern end of the Sierra de Grazalema natural park in the Andalusia region of Spain.
Normally he doesn't extend special invites such as these to German car clubs, so this is a real privilege.
Bring your best Z8's, people. The Mayor expects nothing less. But beware everyone, he can be rather
eccentric at times.

Classic MINI Racing Club - Wednesday October 1st @ 5:00pm EDT/9:00pm GMT - All Welcome

Those of you that had planned on joining FergusMik's Mini series (like myself) are welcome to practice and race for 1 lap around Sierra before he opens his lobby/room.

Z8 Sierra room will open at 4:00pm EDT / 8:00pm GMT and practice for a little while before a 1-lap race will commence. Easily ending in time for the Mini's.

Lookonthebrightside1_zps28e0eb3f.jpg~original

Hello, ALL---

I WILL be in Spain! or Espain? Either way, im glad the Mayor was kind enough to invite us! I think the Z8 is one the BEST cars you can run here, how perfect!:bowdown:.

Last edited:
Jocke just a suggestion - set the damage to light for Sierra. It's an awfully long way around. Especially if you were to damage your car on the first couple of corners. It would be race over! :indiff:

You'll probably get a couple of one lap races in, at around 10 minutes a lap.

Finally, courtesy of PureGT_GOOFY I am now able to post the results from that elusive Daytona race (race #6). GOOFY was kind enough to provide screen captures of all necessary statistics, since my own replay was never working from the get go;

z8daytonafan_zpse0b33f3a.jpg~original

I wanted to get this up before Sierra, so thank you Goofy. 👍

And with that, all ten races held so far now have complete results and therefore a fully up-to-date list of the Club standings can also be posted;

AFTER 10 RACES
z8standings2_zps130d7887.jpg~original

Here are also all individual statistics from the first ten races of the Z8CC;

z8stats_zps4c294eea.jpg~original

Top ten finishes and Win percentages as well as all other percentages aren't very relevant this early on in the Clubs history,
so I did not bother with those.
If you have any suggestions of additional stats that can be included at this stage, please share them! :)👍

Thanks Jocke for all your work with planning, hosting and stats 👍
I really hope I can join tonight so I can defend my lead, but with all problems online lately i´m not optimistic that I can be there on time maybe 1/2 hour later. I will pop in to the lounge asap to see whats going on ;)

Btw.
Update Details (1.13)
GT6 Updates
An update for Gran Turismo 6 has been released. The following is a list of the main issues addressed:

- Fixed an issue wherein engine and other sound effects were not being played correctly during online races.
- Fixed an issue wherein the game sometimes hung mainly during online races when there were 2 or more cars with additional meters equipped.
- Fixed an issue wherein it was not possible to download and playback replays from the Online Rankings board after entering an event.
- Fixed an issue wherein playing online race replays from the Gallery sometimes caused the game to hang.
- Fixed an issue wherein the "Client" system(s) sometimes hung when using the Multi-Monitor function in online races.

So fingers crossed that it will work now :cheers:

Thanks Jocke for all your work with planning, hosting and stats
I think you need a few more tables and charts.:eek:
I mean, where's the ones to show the most attractive car colour and best dressed driver.

Seriously though, good work. I've never seen so many stats! 👍

If I am up, I will join . But might be snoring away...
You can have a sleep between races. Jocke will give you a shout when we're ready. :)

Jocke just a suggestion - set the damage to light for Sierra. It's an awfully long way around. Especially if you were to damage your car on the first couple of corners. It would be race over! :indiff:

You'll probably get a couple of one lap races in, at around 10 minutes a lap.

Don't crash.

Back