◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Oval] Racing Series -- Back by popular demand. Racing August 31.Open 

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 358 comments
Can I both ask if I can race and confirm in one post?

Yes you can. I will add you to the list when I edit it for those that have confirmed.

Can't make it unfortunately.. Going out of town. This should be a weekly event though! Seems like you're getting a lot of interest.

The oval event was a weekly event at one time. The issue was that we quickly got tired of the limited number of tracks to choose from. The series was suspended awaiting the release of the track creator for GT6. The hope is that the track creator will allow us to make an unlimited number of ovals to choose from.

Edit: I will be doing the final testing for the car and tire wear this evening. Once I am done with that, I will post the car and track (it's already been announced) here in this thread.

Last edited:
Yes you can. I will add you to the list when I edit it for those that have confirmed.

The oval event was a weekly event at one time. The issue was that we quickly got tired of the limited number of tracks to choose from. The series was suspended awaiting the release of the track creator for GT6. The hope is that the track creator will allow us to make an unlimited number of ovals to choose from.
Makes sense.. First I've heard of a track editor though. Do you know when that feature is supposed to be released?

Makes sense.. First I've heard of a track editor though. Do you know when that feature is supposed to be released?

PD said it was in beta a couple of months ago. No real idea when it will come but I have some theories. Those theories are really just guesses based on past actions and in no way should be construed as actual knowledge of when any feature may be released.

The car is going to be the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10. We will be using sport soft tires with wear set to normal. The track will be Indy SS but those of you who have been paying attention already knew that.

Exact schedule of heat races and main events with laps will be posted tomorrow after I have a hard count of drivers.

If you haven't already, please confirm by posting here that you will be racing. If I don't see a post, you don't get scheduled to race.

Unfortunately I have to back out for tmrw. night! I confirmed earlier but something came up and I wont be around for the start so hope its not to big of a problem? Tried to let you know as quick as possible! Sorry again.

I need everyone who signed up to race tomorrow night to confirm that they will be able to attend. This is very important as we don't want unbalanced heat races and guys not showing up is how we get unbalanced heat races. Please confirm by posting here before 3PM ET on Sunday that you will be racing. If you don't confirm, you won't be scheduled.
Confirming, I'll be racing

I backed out yesterday because I was planning on going to the cabin but I'm not anymore so I'll be at the race

Let us available hosts know who is hosting and the settings etc sometime today so we can visualize how the night is going to flow.

Let us available hosts know who is hosting and the settings etc sometime today so we can visualize how the night is going to flow.

In a little over an hour, the deadline to confirm will arrive and I will then put a schedule together for the nights racing. I will be doing this in between running some errands and getting some things done around the house. I will post the schedule in the second post in this thread that has the schedule from the last event. I'll be going for more condensed with shorter breaks than some of the breaks from last time. I know guys had to sit through four heat races and we're not going to have that this time. I don't know if we're going to need two rooms yet as I don't have a solid number for tonight.

I do know that any rooms we use will be set up as fixed host and open lobby. I'm not adding 20+ guys to my friends list for one night of racing. Any body who is hosting will have to title the room SNAIL Oval INVITATION ONLY and immediately kick anyone who enters randomly.

Sorry guys if I didn't respond but I was out of town with my parents up in Sedona so I was nowhere near my ps3 but I hope you guys had an awesome night. Tyler

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am unsure if I will be able to make. I had to rush my daughter to the ER.

That's not good. I hope she is OK. Take care of family first, we'll be here with another event sometime.

That's not good. I hope she is OK. Take care of family first, we'll be here with another event sometime.

Thank you.. Its been a constant battle the past with some sort of viral infection. Nothing was workig to stablize her fever. It spike this afternoon and it was time for medical help. When we got here it was 103.1.

Thank you.. Its been a constant battle the past with some sort of viral infection. Nothing was workig to stablize her fever. It spike this afternoon and it was time for medical help. When we got here it was 103.1.
I am very sorry to hear that and I hope your daughter recovers speedily.

I was out running errands so the deadline got pushed pack past what I had said. If you haven't confirmed by the time of this post, you're not racing tonight.

It looks like we have 31 drivers for tonight. This should be a lot of fun. I will get the exact format and schedule up ASAP.

@fzappa @JoeW Can I get both of you to host rooms for the heat races tonight in order to keep things moving. Once we get to the main events, they will have to be done one at a time.

Back