◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
[rant]Attention all D1 drivers. I did the scoring and votes for you. I took the votes directly from the D1 conversation in order that they were written and went down the line based on final scores. This is likely not the correct order for who voted for what, but the totals are correct. In this case, it doesn't matter who voted for what.

The best way to ensure this doesn't happen again is to have someone within your division do the scoring, like the other 7 divisions.[/rant]

22 Responses so far. Interesting trend developing - results will be posted Friday.

Link to Survey Post

Thanks for the effort on putting a survey together. If the draft setting were to come to a league wide vote, the voting would be done after the racing on the last Sunday night of a season at the same time we vote for combos. This would get us the biggest possible voter turnout.

[rant]Attention all D1 drivers. I did the scoring and votes for you. I took the votes directly from the D1 conversation in order that they were written and went down the line based on final scores. This is likely not the correct order for who voted for what, but the totals are correct. In this case, it doesn't matter who voted for what.

The best way to ensure this doesn't happen again is to have someone within your division do the scoring, like the other 7 divisions.[/rant]

I couldn't agree more. There is no reason for someone who isn't even in D1 to have to pick through a conversation and record your votes. You should stop doing it and if they don't get their votes in by the time zer05ive posts the unofficial results then their votes don't count. If D1 can't get their results posted or replays uploaded they won't win prizes.

I couldn't agree more. There is no reason for someone who isn't even in D1 to have to pick through a conversation and record your votes. You should stop doing it and if they don't get their votes in by the time zer05ive posts the unofficial results then their votes don't count. If D1 can't get their results posted or replays uploaded they won't win prizes.

I did the scoring and votes on 2 previous occasions. I told them I wouldn't do it again. @ptslopoke did the scoring 2 weeks in a row, I think. Then I did it last night. It was a regrettable lapse on my part. I won't do it again.

So, not to dig on D1, as I have been wont to do on occasion. If they race and no one enters data in a timely fashion (or at all), is it really a Snail race night? At that point it's a bunch of guys racing in a room with a Snail label.

I understand that the D1 guys are faster and may have some sort actual racing life or are busy sending resumes to people. But if this is the case and no one steps up on a weekly basis to do the leg work, then it's basically just a "Exhibition" race amongst friends. So all these guys are using Snail as a platform to find other fast guys to race with without actually giving anything back. I realize Snail likes to have the recognition of being a platform to the stars for Academy finalists but dang...if someone can't step up and enter some numbers in a chart then...blah blah...ranting over something that really isn't my place...but I'm sure some of you feel the same way.

This series is based on hard numbers and results data and replays from which others can learn. If none of that is provided regularly then it means nothing.

Just my opinion...

Apparently you guys didn't read my rant earlier yesterday...

;)

Thanks for the effort on putting a survey together. If the draft setting were to come to a league wide vote, the voting would be done after the racing on the last Sunday night of a season at the same time we vote for combos. This would get us the biggest possible voter turnout.....

It is just a fun survey. Easy to put together. Not official. Maybe, from the turnout in the Survey you can decide if you want to incorporate that into one of the Sunday night votes. I'm sure there are rules that govern changes in policy or room settings etc.
31 responses already

For anyone having trouble adjusting to the new FFB levels and settings with 1.12, you might head over here for some discussion regarding the new toys PD has given us in this regard. There's a fairly good article describing the effects of high levels of FFB applied to sim racing wheels.

I only have the entry level DFGT and kept it at 7 pre-update. Post-update I moved it to 10 and I have to work really hard for hairpins. I'm gonna put it back down to 7 or maybe 8. The sensitivity setting I pushed to 10 and it's the best. Anything less and there's a deadzone.

OK, the news (to me) couldn't be worst. I opened my pedals box and what happened is that the break pedal coil spring simply broke!!! Now, I have no way of rebuilding that spring and no way I can buy a new wheel/pedals set right now so this basically means that I'll be gone from all granturismo activity for a while unless any of you Snailers have an extra spring you can mail to Canada, I'll obviously pay all the expenses.
My wheel is a gtdf.

Thoughts on the new track? Not much fun for racing but a good way to relax and drive your favorite cars.

I agree with you. Not great for racing, but cool to relax and just zip around. The Ferrari goes way airborne over one of the crests, and ends up in the wall still airborne at the next little curve. I think its somewhere around halfway round the course. Had some nice fireworks over one of the distant towns towards the end of my Scirocco session. Easy money with the time trials too :D

OK, the news (to me) couldn't be worst. I opened my pedals box and what happened is that the break pedal coil spring simply broke!!! Now, I have no way of rebuilding that spring and no way I can buy a new wheel/pedals set right now so this basically means that I'll be gone from all granturismo activity for a while unless any of you Snailers have an extra spring you can mail to Canada, I'll obviously pay all the expenses.
My wheel is a gtdf.

Pull the broken spring out and attach a bungee cord to the upper tip of the pedal and the other end to something that won't move that will allow the pedal to be held up. This will keep the pedal from registering brake pressure when you're not braking and it will give you a stiffer/progressive feel to the brake pedal.

The driver's list has been updated. All new drivers that have submitted a time trial have received their placement message.

I sent FR to the two new D6 guys. They should check the list and also invite USERID_77a23 and Exosphere64 on PSN.

"Oh darn! ;) I have to drive back to get my daughter from practice." :cheers: I may have stumbled across a cure for Soccer practice blahs....

Pull the broken spring out and attach a bungee cord to the upper tip of the pedal and the other end to something that won't move that will allow the pedal to be held up. This will keep the pedal from registering brake pressure when you're not braking and it will give you a stiffer/progressive feel to the brake pedal.
I might try that...

Back