◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)

Count me in for Gold, size L please.

I wanted to apologize to anyone that I offended with continuing the argument for as long as I did. For some reason Dragon and JoeW have an axe to grind with me and think I'm a dirty driver. If I am I wish people would file complaints on me or specifically tell me when I wronged them.

What I don't get is I'm trying to contribute something positive to the thread in things that have helped me avoid contact in both my real life racing and otherwise and somehow I'm the bad guy for doing that. So moving forward here's what I'd like to do: Apologize for anyone I've wronged with either anything I've said or done while in SNAIL and I'd like to contribute what I can to this community. If it doesn't offend anyone I'd like to start with putting in writing a talk on passing technique I've taught at different racing schools over the years. When I can find the time to do so I would like to write some other posts on different aspects of racing. I'm not trying to come off as if I know any more than anyone here just this is what I've done for a living for 14 years and it's what I can do to contribute if anyone is interested. If not I'll just continue to enjoy the great racing SNAIL provides us and hopefully find some other way to give back in the future.

I wanted to apologize to anyone that I offended with continuing the argument for as long as I did. For some reason Dragon and JoeW have an axe to grind with me and think I'm a dirty driver. If I am I wish people would file complaints on me or specifically tell me when I wronged them.

What I don't get is I'm trying to contribute something positive to the thread in things that have helped me avoid contact in both my real life racing and otherwise and somehow I'm the bad guy for doing that. So moving forward here's what I'd like to do: Apologize for anyone I've wronged with either anything I've said or done while in SNAIL and I'd like to contribute what I can to this community. If it doesn't offend anyone I'd like to start with putting in writing a talk on passing technique I've taught at different racing schools over the years. When I can find the time to do so I would like to write some other posts on different aspects of racing. I'm not trying to come off as if I know any more than anyone here just this is what I've done for a living for 14 years and it's what I can do to contribute if anyone is interested. If not I'll just continue to enjoy the great racing SNAIL provides us and hopefully find some other way to give back in the future.
@hillracing
Hill,
would you like to participate next Thursday as a Sr. Snail 'Instructor' in the Yellow Practice room?
Not sure if you are available, but I am trying to get one of the fast guys come race with us at the Yellow to share techniques, tips, etc. and have a good relaxed time!

I would support that, but also bear in mind that there are lower divisions that aren't up to advanced passing techniques outside the "sufficient overlap rule" just yet when some they are still figuring out how to go faster. But I would really like to see what you have in store since I am still an amateur in racing (on sim and IRL) and seeking professional coaching(I can't really afford) and advices. I feel like I am at a point where my self-learning has reached a plateau.

Last edited:
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)

Platinum Sponsor for me! XL shirt please!
I will give the GTPedia book to the first SNAIL that donates $10.00! Every little bit helps guys!

Dude...I have talked til I was blue in the face about having a separate forum so we can be real community ;)

I keep saying it, but I'll bring it up again. GTP should give us (and other large clubs meeting some criteria of size and activity) the ability to have sub forums. I'm sure SNAIL brings a good percentage of the ad views to GTP and a large number of premium members. If SNAIL had to host its own forums, GTP would loose out and SNAIL members would now have to keep up on two different forums.

I have no contacts with GTP admins myself, so I don't think I could really get anywhere with it, but I bet some of the SNAIL leadership has the ear of some GTP leadership. It would be good for SNAIL and good for GTP.

As I've also said before, I'm amazed at how well snail DOES run on a single massive thread, but it could be so much better/easier (and less time consuming for Team S.N.A.I.L.) to have some sub forums to keep various communication organized.

So, I've spent some time mulling it over, and I think it might be best to allow someone else to run the paint list. Someone who actively participates in Sunday events and such. At this point I have no intentions of returning for Sunday night events. If anyone would like to take over, feel free to PM and I will get you started on turning it over.

To continue on that tune. I plan on getting ever more involved in iRacing, and plan on pushing cheeb on getting a more active league going there. We are gaining slowly, but everyone that's joined is either a current or previous snail. I'd like to change that and get events going with a bigger grid. All in due time I'm sure.

On a side note, my ps3 has started working again(for now) so you cab expect to see me drifting and once we get the track creator, running touge rooms.

So, I've spent some time mulling it over, and I think it might be best to allow someone else to run the paint list. Someone who actively participates in Sunday events and such. At this point I have no intentions of returning for Sunday night events. If anyone would like to take over, feel free to PM and I will get you started on turning it over.

To continue on that tune. I plan on getting ever more involved in iRacing, and plan on pushing cheeb on getting a more active league going there. We are gaining slowly, but everyone that's joined is either a current or previous snail. I'd like to change that and get events going with a bigger grid. All in due time I'm sure.

On a side note, my ps3 has started working again(for now) so you cab expect to see me drifting and once we get the track creator, running touge rooms.

@Rallywagon could you send me a PM with the details of "running the color list"? I am interested.

I'm interested in the color list if @KTR5 decides otherwise. I know we've discussed a few things in the past

@hillracing
Hill,
would you like to participate next Thursday as a Sr. Snail 'Instructor' in the Yellow Practice room?
Not sure if you are available, but I am trying to get one of the fast guys come race with us at the Yellow to share techniques, tips, etc. and have a good relaxed time!
I would love to however I haven't had the time to even fire up the PS3 for a while so I thought writing something might be helpful instead.
I would support that, but also bear in mind that there are lower divisions that aren't up to advanced passing techniques outside the "sufficient overlap rule" just yet when some they are still figuring out how to go faster. But I would really like to see what you have in store since I am still an amateur in racing (on sim and IRL) and seeking professional coaching(I can't really afford) and advices. I feel like I am at a point where my self-learning has reached a plateau.
Nothing I teach as far as passing violates the sufficient overlap rule or is really all that complex. I like to break things down to simplicities rather than making things complex. I think I'll try writing something up and see what people think. If it's not useful then no harm done but if it is then maybe it will be a way I can help while I can't participate in other ways.

I would love to however I haven't had the time to even fire up the PS3 for a while so I thought writing something might be helpful instead.

Nothing I teach as far as passing violates the sufficient overlap rule or is really all that complex. I like to break things down to simplicities rather than making things complex. I think I'll try writing something up and see what people think. If it's not useful then no harm done but if it is then maybe it will be a way I can help while I can't participate in other ways.

That would definitely be useful Mr. Hill

Im new here so sorry if i missed it some where. With over 1830 pages, its kinda hard for me to find the schedule. The 2nd post only shows the past weeks' race schedule.

Im new here so sorry if i missed it some where. With over 1830 pages, its kinda hard for me to find the schedule. The 2nd post only shows the past weeks' race schedule.

This post (which is linked at the bottom of the first post) has a lot of useful information, including the schedule.

You're looking in the right place just a little bit too early. The 2nd post will have next weeks schedule up as soon as it is chosen. The stewards are currently finishing up their work for the week and will be making the results from last week official soon. Once that is done, the prize winners will be able to make their selections for this week and the 2nd post will be updated.

Back