◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I can se both sides.

If I took the time to seam weld and add a few structural bars "for safety" cough that result in a solid chassis that transfers more of the suspension movement to the tires rather the. Being absorbed through a less rigid chassis. Then really. I didn't "tune" it.

My complaint is that chassis reinforcement was definitely tuning throughout the life of GT5. It's another arbitrary, unexplainable choice made by PD.

BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. The winner will get 10 $hells. I am still waiting to hear about an opportunity to upgrade the prize. If the upgrade is available, I'll update this post at that time.

Short on cash? No problem!

Option B - Under Single Player mode, select time trial, select Monza and the choose the GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. It is the same car, but you'll be without the oil change. Please specify if you used option B in your post. If you are the winning with the closest time via option B, you will win 5 $hells!

It would have been nice if we had a little more participation in this event, but we'll start with this and see if we can do better next time around.

The entry period is closed. Thank you to those that participated. Below are the prize eligible entrants:

1. @martin20az ------- 1:45.802
2. @hooker4 ---------- 1:47.304
3. @aliengamer25 ----- 1:47.386
4. @Neovre ----------- 1:48.190
5. @KTR5 ------------- 1:48.632
6. @rmd2k1 ----------- 1:48.899
7. @Mirado_7 --------- 1:49.848
8. @goofytyler ------- 1:50.513

Last edited:
It would have been nice if we had a little more participation in this event, but we'll start with this and see if we can do better next time around.

The entry period is closed. Thank you to those that participated. Below are the prize eligible entrants:

hey I know the entries are now closed but I was wondering if I could still able to put mine up I was running with Mirado last night for this and I forgot to post what my time was I have the time but I'm not sure if it will be fine with you @KTR5

1:50.513

Edit: sorry for the inconvenience KTR5

I guess it's ok now to point out that the GT-R GT3's were running 1:50-1:51's last year at Monza. I can't imagine they'll pick up 5 seconds in lap time.

hey I know the entries are now closed but I was wondering if I could still able to put mine up I was running with Mirado last night for this and I forgot to post what my time was I have the time but I'm not sure if it will be fine with you @KTR5

1:50.513

Edit: sorry for the inconvenience KTR5

Since the practice sessions haven't started yet I added you in. You'll probably win now.....

I guess it's ok now to point out that the GT-R GT3's were running 1:50-1:51's last year at Monza. I can't imagine they'll pick up 5 seconds in lap time.

I guess this just proves we're faster than all those GT3 drivers. They should sign us up. :)

very Biased game with all Japanese cars. Audi's always get killed against GT-Rs .. but not in real racing circuits.

Since the practice sessions haven't started yet I added you in. You'll probably win now.....

I guess this just proves we're faster than all those GT3 drivers. They should sign us up. :)

lol. thanks for putting me in, last night when I was running the car I realized that last year or 2 years ago top gear did a segment on the gran turismo game saying that the game is faster than the actual cars by at least 5 seconds depending on skill and he ran an NSX on the game at Laguna Seca and the the same thing for real with same setup and everything and he ran 4 seconds slower than he did on the game. So what I was doing to make myself run like I was actually in the car was to have the camera set on cockpit and run the course that way but its going to be fun seeing how their practice times are for today.

rob1nh000d,

I would stop trying to be first and learn how to race with other people, I'm not the only one that doesn't see you as a clean racer. I can't tell you how many times I have been in an incident with you for ignorance of the 'Golden Rule'. Have you read it? or the rest of the OLR?

"Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.

Your primary goal should be racing in a group of people without so much as touching another driver.

"Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump" Maybe you don't realize how dirty you are. You took me out at Apricot Hill as well.

Learn the racecraft then learn to go fast.
I'd just like to point out that there is a time and a place for posts like that. It's generally with a steward in a PM, not out on the board.
You teach respect by giving respect..this public post which assumes, indeed makes a you know what out of you..

Some took what @SCCARACER36 as kinda disrespectful but truthfully it is very appropriate. As of late Ive heard a lot of stories about how brutal thursday practices are, maybe if some would practice their racecraft in practice instead of trying to get the fastest lap times we will all benefit. i may not be the fastest out there but i try my hardest to make clean passes (this maybe the reason why i havent gotten any faster yet). If we are promoting proper racecraft our practices need to start showing it.

Some of the combos that are being run lately makes me sad not to race Sunday nights. OK, not being able to race Sundays just makes me sad period.
That said, who's got some time tonight for drifting and maybe some Nurb races? Got the ps3 working again. And as great as iRacing is, it's a real racing sim, not the best for drifting and shenanigans.

Some took what @SCCARACER36 as kinda disrespectful but truthfully it is very appropriate. As of late Ive heard a lot of stories about how brutal thursday practices are, maybe if some would practice their racecraft in practice instead of trying to get the fastest lap times we will all benefit. i may not be the fastest out there but i try my hardest to make clean passes (this maybe the reason why i havent gotten any faster yet). If we are promoting proper racecraft our practices need to start showing it.
Publicly calling someone out is kinda disrespectful, can cause an unnecessary stir in this thread, and is against the S-OLR. Regardless of how dirty Thursdays can get, there is a process to follow to handle these kinds of events. It's called incident reporting. If you want to clean up the league, that's the process you use. Publicly baking someone takes the power from the stewards, and only incites negative reactions on the thread. Not so good for business. I will concede that there is an issue that needs to be addressed with the Thursday practice, but I think it is also important to remember it is practice. If there is a place to practice late braking, or changing lines and braking points, Thursdays are the place, but I think some people may make an excuse out of that to drive overly aggressive. Got a suggestion that doesn't require more work for the stewards?

Last edited:
Some of the combos that are being run lately makes me sad not to race Sunday nights. OK, not being able to race Sundays just makes me sad period.
That said, who's got some time tonight for drifting and maybe some Nurb races? Got the ps3 working again. And as great as iRacing is, it's a real racing sim, not the best for drifting and shenanigans.

i host Drifting Cafes daily. Look for a RSM, MCR, DKAE or Nemisis lobby for a good time

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up to all our fellow SNAILs that may be at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. Be sure to stop by the Formula SAE booth in the expo center, we have a rig set up and will be running some GT6 throughout the weekend. Stop by and say hi. If I am not around shoot me an email and we can try to meet up (bill@granstand.com).

Bill

View attachment 139702 View attachment 139701 View attachment 139704 View attachment 139703

P.S. Won't be able to race on Sunday, as I'll be closing up shop at LBGP.

Bill, I will be out there on saturday, I will text you or look for you!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up to all our fellow SNAILs that may be at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. Be sure to stop by the Formula SAE booth in the expo center, we have a rig set up and will be running some GT6 throughout the weekend. Stop by and say hi. If I am not around shoot me an email and we can try to meet up (bill@granstand.com)

Bill

View attachment 139702 View attachment 139701 View attachment 139704 View attachment 139703

P.S. Won't be able to race on Sunday, as I'll be closing up shop at LBGP.

Damn first time in 3 years I am not making a trip down and someone I know is setting up as a vendor there?!

8. @goofytyler ------- 1:50.513

As far as I am concerned, the top few cars did 1:48 flat last year and the gtr gt3 was one of them, 2 years ago they were a few tenths slower, with a Ferrari on pole with a 1:47.9, t all comes down to balance of performance this year given that Nick or whoever will be qualifying is as quick as last year.
If it rains all bets are off, a rain time would be 1:55 or higher I would say.

Having been in the league for just over 3 months, I know for the first month when I was really bad, I was all over the place, hitting everything in sight; cars, walls, tires, etc. Since then, I think I've done a really good job of focusing on being clean and safe. However, last night was a different story. Having zero time in both the new combos this week, I opted for the YELLOW room hoping for some additional instruction. Turns out, it was more an overflow of D2-4 drivers, but I stuck it out. I know I was driving at least a little over my head trying to keep up and as such, was off on my braking points compared to the others. A sincere apology to @chatva for the permanent impression my grill left in his rear end. I certainly will focus on this more in the future. As for the final combo of the night, WOW. That will take some work to keep it straight on my part.

images

Lots of good racing action this weekend:
  • IMSA Tudor United Championship is at Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase At Long Beach - Saturday at 6pm EST on Fox Sports 1
  • IndyCar Series also at Long Beach - Sunday 4:40pm EST on NBC SN
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup At Darlington - Sunday 6:30pm EST on Fox
    01222014_TUDOR_GroupShot_1600x1200.jpg

Jimmie-Johnson-Greg-Biffle-main.jpg.main.png

That delta wing looks both awesome, and out of place in that line up!

Last edited:
There is nothing appropriate about making a should be PM, public.

The problem is that in practices, you bunch up 4 different divisions, 4 different skill levels, and I know for a fact that racing with d1 people is craziness, hugebumhole in one quick son of a gun, so your left with many people trying to either keep up or get out of the way, which in return increases the chances of contact exponentially!

Just want to say for anyone who doesnt know,(and probably mad at me for choosing the combo :P) adding body rigidty helps tame the lambo.
Can someone clarify this for me, as a new member I was under the impression you weren't allowed to touch the car with the exception of an oil change and proper tires?

Last edited:

I like to remind you that there is a fix for that. I agree with you, sometimes practices get totally out of control thus the idea of implementing the Yellow Room in which the main focus is to improve race craft instead of speed. We also implement a mandatory Yellow to bring the pack together at least once per race. The last couple of Thursdays we got a grid of 12 racers, so it has been well received. It is also a little more fun and relaxed. Try it out next week!

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.
YELLOW ROOM:
1472 6399 8365 2934 2458

The problem is that in practices, you bunch up 4 different divisions, 4 different skill levels, and I know for a fact that racing with d1 people is craziness, hugebumhole in one quick son of a gun, so your left with many people trying to either keep up or get out of the way, which in return increases the chances of contact exponentially!

Another solution to this is to divide the rooms as such:
  • Blue D1-D3
  • Yellow D4-6
  • Red D7-8
However, racers usually end up racing in the rooms they want to race and sometimes there is lack of hosts willing to direct and coordinate the practice rooms.

I agree that everyone should observe good SOLR at all times, but at then end at least on Thursdays it seems like wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify this for me, as a new member I was under the impression you weren't allowed to tough the car with the exception of an oil change and proper tires?
What is allowed is what the game allows, because we cant stop it. Body rigidty and brake bias

I like to remind you that there is a fix for that. I agree with you, sometimes practices get totally out of control thus the idea of implementing the Yellow Room in which the main focus is to improve race craft instead of speed. We also implement a mandatory Yellow to bring the pack together at least once per race. The last couple of Thursdays we got a grid of 12 racers, so it has been well received. It is also a little more fun and relaxed. Try it out next week!

i would suggest that the folks that receive incidents almost weekly or who are showing a trend of incidents be required to go to the yellow room.

Team RJN Nissan GTR GT3 did a fastest lap of 1:51.744 at the end of today's test session at Monza. Putting them 14th fastest at the moment. Best time of the day was by TDS Racing BMW Z4 GT3 of a 1:49.761.

This is somewhat an orientation for new drivers and not all competitors are present until tomorrow's free practice. I can't wait for it to come!

I am confused; are you supposed to practice the cleanest possible race in the Yellow Room or how to pack race with the expectation that there will be bumps, divebombs, and the like (since it's practice)?

I only ask because my experience in last night's Yellow Room wasn't pleasant but the last few posts seem to indicate that the Yellow Room is where one goes for the cleanest possible race.

I am confused; are you supposed to practice the cleanest possible race in the Yellow Room or how to pack race with the expectation that there will be bumps, divebombs, and the like (since it's practice)?

I only ask because my experience in last night's Yellow Room wasn't pleasant but the last few posts seem to indicate that the Yellow Room is where one goes for the cleanest possible race.

A few bumps and door banging will always be expected when racing in close quarters and especially in tight tracks like Tsukuba. Dive Bombing does not fall in the same category.

The very minimum that is expected is to observe good OLR and that if you knock someone off track, off shape, etc, that at least you wait for them. Making hard contact and driving away is totally unacceptable.

if you want to report any issues with the yellow room PM me please. I don't want to replicate the same problems found in the other practice rooms.

I was browsing the F1 site looking for literature on on-track behavior and it is implied many times but nothing detailed. Same for Indycar. Anyone has any official references similar to OLR?
NVM. I found it here. F1 Rulebook.

Kudos to our SOLR :bowdown: Compared to what is on the official rulebook of F1, ours is a whole bible:

"20) DRIVING
The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.
20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.
20.3 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
20.4 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'.
20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.
20.6 As soon as a car is caught by another car which is about to lap it during the race the driver must allow the faster driver past at the first available opportunity. If the driver who has been caught does not allow the faster driver past, waved blue flags will be shown to indicate that he must allow the following driver to overtake."

Last edited:
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)