◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
I was only a0ths off on the Fiat. Its mostly flat out. Problem with that race is going to be avoiding mistakes. If you have to lift off the throttle to avoid someone in the chicane you'll end up in last place by the end of the straight.

I'm a few 10ths off in the Miata too but again I'm more worried about avoiding carnage. Qualifying will be important but I know where I'm losing time and should be able to work out my issues come race time.

But the Lambo is just too many turns to learn. If I just drive the car I'm around 2:03... 7 seconds off pace. I'm past that...and looking for speed, but I can't figure out a lot of the apexes because the car snaps away just when I think I'm in the sweet spot. Then I end up taking turns too slow to avoid it happening again.

Be patient with it and learn when it snaps. Roll on the throttle gentler, the sweet spot feeling in this car is when you use up the grip. So go a tad easier and then pick up the aggressiveness on gas slowly. Focus on minimum steering on the exit portion of the corners. Treat the car as if it is one of those old turbo F1 cars where the turbo kicks in hard at a certain rpm as is with the power curve on this car.

I'm all down for helping people to learn the Lambo, it's a good car with dynamics in all aspect, from a good turn in response to a good trail braking response, and it doesn't just push or snap when you get on the gas, people expect to get on the gas like all the previous combo's have had so far and spin out, now is the time to work on your right foot sensitivity. Roll on the throttle like you would with a motorcycle, I think that is a better analogy and it sticks in my mind better than simply saying being progressively stepping on the gas.

Feel free to tag me or PM me and let me know when you guys get on track, I'll hop online and do what I can.

Last edited:
If you, or anyone else, see someone exhibiting poor race craft in the practice rooms you should start a conversation with them and the practice coordinator to discuss the issue. It should always be done privately and not aired in the thread or over the voice or text chat in the lobby.
As remember way back when! Zero would inform a driver to meet him in a private room to have a discussion.

Not yet but keep saving. I want to see us race GTO's:)

GTO?
1969_GTO_Judge.jpg

GTO?
Ferrari-599_GTO_2011_photo_01.jpg

GTO?
2004_Pontiac_GTO_2_--_02-26-2010.jpg

GTO?
1962_Ferrari_250_GTO_34_2.jpg

The last one will do nicely. Although that Aussie GTO looks fun also.

I got to photo this last weekend. Not quite a GTO but pretty nice. This image is one my wife took. I wish I was as good a photographer as she is.

upload_2014-4-11_17-10-46.png

bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@KTR5 - Gold (Medium shirt)
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@fzappa - Gold (XXL shirt)
@goofytyler - Silver (maybe)
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze
@chatva - Gold (Medium shirt)
@dgaf95integra - Platinum (Large shirt)
@Handlebar - Platinum (XL shirt)
@TEX36 - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Chiochan - Platinum (Large shirt)
@fizzer - Gold (Large shirt)
@AJKVail - Platinum (XL shirt)
@Schmiggz - Platinum (Large shirt)
bnmTDRx.jpg

It's my pleasure to announce SNAIL's sponsorship of Nick McMillen for his upcoming season in the
Blancpain Endurance Series!! As you guys probably know, Nick is the 2013 US GT Academy Champion and these upcoming races represent the next steps in his journey "from Virtual to Reality".. And since SNAIL represents the "Virtual" part of his journey, we think it's only fitting that we're there to support him in the "Reality" portion of his career as well. Sponsoring Nick will result in more exposure for the league and it'll be a lot of fun too. :)

For those of you that would like to participate, we've put together some sponsorship packages that will not only allow you support Nick's career and help promote SNAIL, but will also enable you to score some sweet SNAIL swag! Here's a list of the available sponsorship packages and the gifts you'll receive with each:

Platinum Sponsor ($150)
- You will receive the Gold, Silver, and Bronze gifts, plus a SNAIL shirt (size XL) with our current logo, and a copy of GTPEDIA!

Gold Sponsor ($100) - You will receive the Silver and Bronze gifts, plus a shirt (any size) with the new SNAIL logo!

Silver Sponsor ($50) - You will receive the Bronze gift, plus a frameable print of Nick McMillen (and his race car) provided by the guys who manage GT Academy. The print will include our logo and will also be autographed with a personalized message from Nick!

Bronze Sponsor ($30) - You will receive a package of decals/stickers with the new SNAIL logo!

If you would to be an official sponsor of Nick, please reply to this post with the sponsorship package you would like. If we are able to exceed our fundraising goal, all of the extra proceeds will be used to buy things for Team SNAIL to bid on in the Marketplace. Thanks for your support!

List of Sponsors:
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze

You guys ROCK! Please put me down for a Platinum Sponsor and XXL shirt.

@Troggy, you wanted banner pics? You got 'em!

Attachments

• Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7
bnmTDRx.jpg

Platinum Sponsor ($150)

List of Sponsors:
@hooker4 - Bronze

@jobyone - Bronze
@whatbadgerseat - Bronze

Please put me down for a Gold Sponsorship. Large Shirt please.

Back