◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Just quick update. I will not be around to be able to do D5 data for the next few weeks. I have some personal issues that i need to take care of and will not be able to get on my ps3. I have 9 heirniated/ruptured discs in the thorasic part of my spine that i will be going thru several surgeries over the next few months to correct the issue. So I will be out commission for the next few weeks as the first stage happens tomorrow afternoon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery! There will always be a spot on the grid for you my friend!:cheers:

Possible new SNAIL Market place item:
37B54734-A15A-423F-8071-0CD1ACB6DFCB-1635-0000013F5F94C742_zps53338c99.jpg

(...)

Is that a car badge or a keychain? Either way I want one. :Q

anyone know the hp/pp for the gtr? I have two of them but I think they are both tuned.

Nevermind, bought another one

Last edited:
I'm sure it's made from "Scratch". Pretty much everything man-made is made from "Scratch".

Look it up...it's there...somewhere...

Hahaha... :odd:

I meant, what did he use to cut the metal.

I would go with trial and error to find whatever is comfortable for you. There would be many variables from person to person when trying to fit pedals to the individual including size of foot, flexibility of the ankle, and degree to which your knees are bent. That's just a starter list of what you have to account for. Bottom line is make it comfortable for you.

Understatement, JLBowler, very much so.

Good news and good news yet to come...

G27 is here, it fits (for now) on my original PVC A-frame stand. Love it!

Also picked up a decent office chair, skipped the casters, as a temporary seat so I can sit right in front of the television.

The pedals.... Smooth, nice pressure and travel... But the angle is not (yet) good.

Will knock that out later this week. I beat my best time on GP/F last Sunday on my second lap with the newly cobbled together rig of Joy-Joy. Me likee much!

Right on! alright youz three, we should team up and Make this happen. we can do a drift clinic of sorts for those looking to learn drifting, as well as set up some tandems and such. a good Funday Friday event. With 4 of us heading it up, we should be able to cover the work load reasonably well. Sound good?

You guys might also consider launching a new S.N.A.I.L. Drifting Team thread. I could attract some drifters who don't race in with us. 💡

Also picked up a decent office chair, skipped the casters, as a temporary seat so I can sit right in front of the television.

The pedals.... Smooth, nice pressure and travel... But the angle is not (yet) good.

Will knock that out later this week. I beat my best time on GP/F last Sunday on my second lap with the newly cobbled together rig of Joy-Joy. Me likee much!

I think you will like the G27 a lot. The pedals give you a lot more control that should help with your consistency.

Two things you may already know but I case you do not:

1. Knock the Force feedback down to 3-5 to start.

2. Switch the steering to the ~670 degree setting. I do not have the link to the instructions but someone else might be able to post them. If no one else does I will find the link later.

These two things have really helped me.

jobyone
I think you will like the G27 a lot. The pedals give you a lot more control that should help with your consistency.

Two things you may already know but I case you do not:

1. Knock the Force feedback down to 3-5 to start.

2. Switch the steering to the ~670 degree setting. I do not have the link to the instructions but someone else might be able to post them. If no one else does I will find the link later.

These two things have really helped me.

Can someone pm me how to do that 670 degree thing on your wheel (G27 user) sounds like whoever has done that has improved or liked it better. Worth a shot for me.

Edit: I also need a broken in racing kart 100 :lol: well I don't need but it would be nice to get one. Thanks (for the kart races tonight)

Just a quick little question..is it possible to earn shells if you are not a steward of snail? I know this question is somewhere on the thread just can't find it.

Yes, there is absolutely a way to earn $hells without contributing your time to the league. In fact, this is one of the main features of the Marketplace that I hope will help make it a success. Not everyone can devote time to the league, but everyone probably wishes they could show their appreciation to those who do. The S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace is the perfect way to do that while also earning $hells at the same time!

All you have to do is sell something in the Marketplace that you think your fellow SNAILs might want to have. For example, you could sell a PS3 game that you no longer play! Or how about some motorsports-related gear that you don't want any more? Sim racing stuff would be really popular too of course. The possibilities are literally endless! You could literally sell anything you wanted to, as long as you think someone here might be interested in it. Once the buyer pays you their $hells for it, you can then turn around and spend those $hells on something else that you want (just like you would do with real money).

I'll going to put something up for sale on the Marketplace later tonight so that everyone can get a better idea of how this will all work. You can also read the 'Sellers' section here for more details on how to sell something in the Marketplace. :)

zer05ive
Yes, there is absolutely a way to earn $hells without contributing your time to the league. In fact, this is one of the main features of the Marketplace that I hope will help make it a success. Not everyone can devote time to the league, but everyone probably wishes they could show their appreciation to those who do. The S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace is the perfect way to do that while also earning $hells at the same time!

All you have to do is sell something in the Marketplace that you think your fellow SNAILs might want to have. For example, you could sell a PS3 game that you no longer play! Or how about some motorsports-related gear that you don't want any more? Sim racing stuff would be really popular too of course. The possibilities are literally endless! You could literally sell anything you wanted to, as long as you think someone here might be interested in it. Once the buyer pays you their $hells for it, you can then turn around and spend those $hells on something else that you want (just like you would do with real money).

I'll going to put something up for sale on the Marketplace later tonight so that everyone can get a better idea of how this will all work. You can also read the 'Sellers' section here for more details on how to sell something in the Marketplace. :)

Awesome!! Thanks Zer05ive! So maybe I can sell my playseat evolution that's still in decent good condition :lol: but, thanks for explaining it too me! Defintaly something to consider doing. How much does each $hell mean. For example a ps3 game like value in $hells.

Edit: nevermind info is in the marketplace

For the Karts remember we allow transmission tuning.

Here's a post I put together with tuning parameters that'll get you close for each of the tracks tonight.

And contrary to what the first post says, stupid timer, we're racing at:

9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Race 1 - Tsukuba with Motorcycle Chicane - 13 laps
Race 2 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 10 laps
Race 3 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 12 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi East - 12 laps

See you all tonight!

anyone know the hp/pp for the gtr? I have two of them but I think they are both tuned.

Nevermind, bought another one

672HP / 644PP

Since it is over 600PP, I am assuming that we are using race medium tires.

Can someone pm me how to do that 670 degree thing on your wheel (G27 user) sounds like whoever has done that has improved or liked it better. Worth a shot for me.

Edit: I also need a broken in racing kart 100 :lol: well I don't need but it would be nice to get one. Thanks (for the kart races tonight)

Found it
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286646

Just want to let everyone know that I've not forgotten about my Prize B choice. I can for one say that the Alfa will be staying. I'm gonna hop on right now so I can decide which new track we'll be racing on.

cmbeal317

Prize B:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 @ Cape Ring Inside

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back