◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Thanks for the great night racing D2 👍 Lot's of close battles and respectful driving :)

If anyone has the 5th race (Round 3 Race 1) saved could you contact me so we can get it uploaded. Old brain dropped a gear :lol:

D1 replays are up. Looks like I missed the first race at Indy. If anyone has it please post it up. 👍

Thanks nmcp1! Please note that the the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. contest is over. We'll be awarding that prize soon. Therefore, please don't log your post for that contest. Please log your post in the upcoming S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace instead. :)

D1 was nothing short of awesome tonight.

Super clean and Super fast.

If need be, I can upload the replay needed. Just send me a PM with the info to site and I will get it done tomorrow evening.

S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace
After revealing this idea more than a month ago, I'm proud to finally make the S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace official. This is where those who contribute to the league (aka TEAM S.N.A.I.L.) will be compensated for their time and effort. The currency they will earn will be call $hells:

Cowry is the common name for a group of sea snails.. Shells of certain species have historically been used as currency in several parts of the world. - Wikipedia

In general, every ten minutes of "work" for the league will earn one $hell. However, please keep in mind that this is just an approximation so please don't expect it to be exact - your mileage my vary.

TEAM S.N.A.I.L.- click here to earn credit for your work. (Please PM me if you sacrifice your time for the league, but don't see a corresponding action to choose from in the 'How you helped S.N.A.I.L.' section).

Of course, currency isn't worth anything unless you can't buy things with it. That's why the marketplace will also be used to facilitate the buying and selling of goods and services between SNAILs. In fact, the inspiratoin for the S.N.A.I.L. Marketplace was inspired by the generosity of our members. I've lost count of of how many times a SNAIL has contacted me to offer something as a prize or a gift to a fellow member of the league.

Some of the things that have been offered include used PS3 games and T-shirts. Also, others have offered to make things with fabrication skills (like keychains) or even with a 3D printer! Now that we have this marketplace, these items can be "sold" for $hells and the sellers who sell these types of items will accrue $hells in their S.N.A.I.L. Bank Account. They can then use their $hells to purchase other things that are put up for sale in the marketplace.

Please note that services can be sold too! What better way to earn $hells than by helping you fellow SNAILs. For example, if you're a D1 or D2 driver, there will be plenty of interest in tutoring sessions! (I've already received PM's asking for this service to be made available!)

Sellers - Please post on the thread when you're putting something up for sale. Be sure to include a description of what your selling and ideally a picture as well. You'll also want to mention how many $hells your items costs. If you would rather auction your item, please state your minimum bid (if any) along with the terms of your auction. Any $hells earned from the sale of your products or services can then be used to purchase other items in the Marketplace.

Buyers - If you want to buy something, please contact the seller by posting a visitor message on his profile wall. If the item is being sold as an auction, please post your bid on the same place. Once you are confirmed as a successful buyer or bidder, please click here to pay a seller for an item that you purchased.

Click here to check your $hell balance

Previously sold items:

SNAIL die-cut vinyl decal - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 56 $hells
SNAIL die-cut vinyl decal - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 60 $hells
Smartphone Backup Battery - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 55 $hells
GTPlanet Premium Membership - sold by @Dragonwhisky and purchased for 60 $hells
GTPlanet stickers - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 20 $hells
Mazda Miata/MX-5 book - sold by @sprintr64 and purchased for 30 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @fzappa and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 Amazon gift card - sold by @FSportIS and purchased for 31 $hells
$25 Amazon gift card - sold by @chevron and purchased for 175 $hells
FIFA 10 for PS3 - sold by @zer05ive
F1 Photography Book - sold by @Chiochan and purchased for 30 $hells
$10 PSN Card - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 20 $hells
GT Academy Shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 40 $hells
GTPEDIA - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 10 $hells
Playseat Evolution - sold by @Ph1sher and purchased for 70 $hells
GT Academy shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 35 $hells
Hauppauge PVR - sold by @kcheeb and purchased for 25 $hells
F1 shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 6 $hells
S.N.A.I.L. shirt - sold by @zer05ive and purchased for 16 $hells

Last edited:
Awesome night in D5!!! Had several close races with drifftinassasin(one very close).021! Hope we gave people watching the livestream a good show. Anyway. everybody was clean and respectful, and fast!! I sure hope the Citroen goes away. Lol

I really wish the elise would go away. That car and myself do not go together 1 bit. Qualify great, race like a donkey.

Division 3
director's report

Another always great night in S.N.A.I.L. Today was my first day in D3 and I have to say it was a complete blast! I originally had thought everyone was going to tear me a new one and demolish me, boy was I wrong! I never have realized how close our divisions were until I swept all three poles and had great close racing every race no matter where I was on the field! Between the racing and the connection issues it was as always a good night! I do miss being in D4 but I wish them luck in their future endeavors and hope to see them on wednesdays at practice! As always, keep it between the lines!

P.S. D3 data entered, will have the rest in tomorrow!

Last edited:
fastfox400
Where can I view the data that has been entered for tonight?

I'll have it copied over to the public document tomorrow.

We use a directors doc to enter the data race night. It's much smaller and less prone to lagging etc.

Awesome night in D5!!! Had several close races with drifftinassasin(one very close).021!

Guess which race Im going to upload to my channel first. :sly:
Last nights races were amazing! Considering I had 2(?) wins last night and a very close second ( hooker, buddy, give me the win next time :lol: ) The livestream went well and the racing was clean and smooth. I secretly used tonight as a test though. Something has been on my mind for a while and now I can say its true with some certainty. Ladies and gentlesnails! DriftinAssassin has gotten faster! (taadaa!) Or last nights combos, except the Citroen, fit me really well. :D Either way Im happy with the end results and I thank everyone in D5 for last night. I can't wait for next week! :) :gtpflag:

Really? All we had to do was automate, to a degree, the Incident Reporting process and everyone decides to drive clean? No incidents anywhere? While I'm pleased everyone appears to have had "super clean" racing last night, I'm a bit dissappointed our new and shiny toy may likely sit on the shelf collecting dust. :lol: :D

I might have to ask that some of you submit an "incident" that you know wouldn't necessarily be assessed points, just so we can get through Phase III. A close call is all I would be looking for here, so we can test the process from end to end. At least one from every division would be best.

Any volunteers?

I have a situation like that but I am being kidnapped by my girlfriend and a kayak for a few hours. Don't forget dragon, people have until 10pm tonight to file.

Yeah, they do. Just a bit concerned with all the "reports" of clean, respectful racing. Trying to pre-empt an unprecedented 0 IR week. That would be good for SNAIL but bad for Phase III.

Oh yeah? First day down in d4 at that! Sounds like someone just had to get over the first race jitters?

So...I now know for a fact that Hybrids are very much alive and kicking. Late last night I was online racing with a somewhat well-known online lobby host (to many of you) who was running several hybrids last night and was telling everyone where to find the info to do it and how easy it was to do.

Apparently Sony's efforts to eliminate Hybrids have been futile. Racing against a 510PP CR-Z street car was interesting as well as a 600PP Premium Mustang. Many others as well but I didn't realize it until later when he started talking about how to do it and the benefits of it.

Oh yeah? First day down in d4 at that! Sounds like someone just had to get over the first race jitters?
s

That and spending the week with a few Snailiens helped a bunch.

So...I now know for a fact that Hybrids are very much alive and kicking. Late last night I was online racing with a somewhat well-known online lobby host (to many of you) who was running several hybrids last night and was telling everyone where to find the info to do it and how easy it was to do.

Apparently Sony's efforts to eliminate Hybrids have been futile. Racing against a 510PP CR-Z street car was interesting as well as a 600PP Premium Mustang. Many others as well but I didn't realize it until later when he started talking about how to do it and the benefits of it.

It actually quite interesting. I have created several true spec vehicles with hybriding with no tuning. Such as a FR500C and the Newer FR500S

You can see how hybrids are the bane of the spec racing community right? It allows cheaters to participate in races such as ours.

Back