◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
The Pit Board

Another awesome Pit Board! Thanks, Exo!

The GranStand Challenge has come to the final hours!! Congratulations to all of the finalists. Good luck on Sunday! This "Challenge" is without a doubt the coolest thing that has ever happened within any club, league or any other organization that plays Gran Turismo. It really show the passion and dedication the League creators have for our little corner of GT Planet. From it's inception, there has been a huge amount of behind the scenes work done on the behalf of the SNAIL community and this prize. The idea to reward us. The negotiations with a real world vendor for an awesome product that any one of us would be stoked to own. The implementation of a point system to rate our drivers and the rules that went with it and what I think is a brilliant way to choose the winner. Who else would use Formula One fast lap times as a pair of dice? Come Sunday, some lucky dog is going to win a real prize. Thanks to all of you that put this together!

The GranStand Challenge has been a tremendous success! I'll be watching every lap of tomorrow's German Grand Prix, that's for sure! I am also extremely proud to announce that we will be having another GrandStand challenge during the September and October seasons! Yes, that's right! Someone else will get a chance to win a GranStand wheel stand in only a few months!

But what about the two months in between now and September? What do we have planned for the July and August seasons? I'm glad you asked..

I'd like to announce an exciting new partnership between S.N.A.I.L. and ButtKicker, the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers. They will be providing prize support for the ButtKicker Challenge, which will span our July and August seasons. At the end of these two short months, we will identify the drivers with a high number of Buttkicker points and enter them into a random drawing. The winner of the random drawing will win a ButtKicker Gamer2:

The ButtKicker Gamer2 features an all-new, rock-solid digital power amplifier that cranks 90 watts into your sim racing rig or seat. This convection cooled (fanless) amplifier includes a wired remote control and a base stand for vertical placement. Feel the gut-wrenching punch of a crash, the pounding of fenders, racing engines, backfires, gear shifts, rumble strips, screeching tires, engine throttle and more. Turn down or turn off your subwoofer and still feel all the bass - even while using headphones. Take your sim racing experience to the next level of realism with the ButtKicker Gamer2!!

Rules for the ButtKicker Challenge:
  • One ButtKicker point will be awarded for each Sunday night race that a drivers competes in
  • Drivers who are not on the starting grid for any reason (network issues, lack of DLC, being late, etc) will not receive a ButtKicker point
  • Any driver that is imposed a penalty by the stewards will also be docked an equal amount of ButtKicker points
  • The more ButtKicker points a driver has earned, the better odds he will have at winning the random prize drawing
  • We reserve the right to dock ButtKicker points for any inappropriate posts on the thread (e.g. complaining about racing incidents instead of filing a racing complaint)
  • The prize will not be shipped outside the United States or Canada
Don't forget your exclusive S.N.A.I.L. discounts on ButtKicker products!

Last edited:
Announcing the July Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegation's for the month of July.

This month again has less movement than in prior months due to stability in our numbers. Awesome!

Most of you will notice that we've left the numbers a little higher in Division 4 & Division 5. The reason for this is the end of June did see a drop in the numbers actually showing up to race. We thought it best to leave a few extra drivers to ensure good grid sizes. If we do end up with overflow in those Divisions (good problem to have) we'll adjust as need be 👍

I'd like to point out there's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be promoted or relegated are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the July season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted, let us know by posting on the thread!

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

[FlakJacketOn]

Welcome to the SNAIL Rally event.
To pay homage to America's only Special Stage rally in the snow, the Sno*Drift, Monday Mayhem will get nice and cold. Four races spanning 29.716 miles of Chamonix. the mini course comes first, east is next, the the west course followed by the Main course. The field will be set up in two classes. The first class is the WRC class. There is a horse power cap of 305. the second class is the Production class and has a horse power cap of 250. Please bring at least one car for each class.

Note: All laps are currently tentative until I get some test time in tomorrow.

The rundown:

Tracks/Laps:

Chamonix Mini/5
Chamonix East/4
Chamonix West/3
Chamonix Main/2

Classes:

WRC Class: Any rally car available. HP: 305 Engine detuning is allowed to reach the HP cap.

Production class: Any stock, production vehicle of mass production. No race, special edition, prototype, tuned or otherwise not strictly a large volume selling vehicle. (STi and EVO are allowed.) HP: 250 Engine detuning is allowed to reach the HP cap.

Rules:
The S.N.A.I.L. standard we all know and love, to include tune prohibition!

To participate, simply show up to d3 MOnday, the 21st at 10pm est, with at least 1 car for each class and a willingness to get a white wash.
And Please rememeber, this is snow and ice, while I would like to stress clean racing, it is also very slippery. Be safe, but above all, have FUN!!!

I would like to get in on this!! I love Rally! 👍

The Pit Board

9217840845_87e76a86b9_o.jpg

“You don't have to make something that people call art. Living is an artistic activity, there is an art to getting through the day.”
Viggo Mortensen

“My head’ll explode if I continue with this escapism.”
Jess C. Scott

Wild couple of weeks eh? I think it may get even wilder! Real life has been slammed on the rev limiter for several weeks now and it isn't going to lift for at least another month or two. Yee Haw baby!! At times it seems the only thing keeping me from vapor locking is the sanctuary of S.N.A.I.L. While we have our little squabbles from time to time, the action here is always puts a smile on my face.

The GranStand Challenge has come to the final hours!! Congratulations to all of the finalists. Good luck on Sunday! This "Challenge" is without a doubt the coolest thing that has ever happened within any club, league or any other organization that plays Gran Turismo. It really show the passion and dedication the League creators have for our little corner of GT Planet. From it's inception, there has been a huge amount of behind the scenes work done on the behalf of the SNAIL community and this prize. The idea to reward us. The negotiations with a real world vendor for an awesome product that any one of us would be stoked to own. The implementation of a point system to rate our drivers and the rules that went with it and what I think is a brilliant way to choose the winner. Who else would use Formula One fast lap times as a pair of dice? Come Sunday, some lucky dog is going to win a real prize. Thanks to all of you that put this together!

The Gran Turismo 6 demo, or better known as GT Academy 2013 has begun! The next few week will be very exciting. I think we have a few real contenders in our midst. It will be beyond amazing to have SNAIL represented at Silverstone! Even I have thought about how cool it would be to be "that guy" but in reality, even if I did have the skills to make it to the top, it is a young mans game. Besides, you never really want to hear a professional pit crew yelling "Fat Man Down" when the driver is just trying to tie his shoes and I don't think Geritol would be all that great of a sponsor. Again, the best of luck to those that have the gift and know that our entire community is behind you!! For the rest of us mere mortals, there are still bragging rights to be had. kcheeb has been at it again and has put together a quick and easy way for all of us to log and keep track of our GTA times. Pound out your best laps, fill out the form and leave the rest to the data gods! I am sure you all know by now but all of the lap times will be collected and stored for your viewing pleasure on The SNAIL Results Document!! Stay tuned because I am sure that as more data is collected, more graphs and charts will start to populate! Just look for the GTA Leaderboard tab!

Race Hard, Race Clean, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Thanks for another smile inducing Pit Board exo 👍

Awesomeness!

zer05ive, not sure if anyone else posted lap times for this combo, Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 (Racing Hard tires) @Tokyo R246 / Reverse (??? laps)? I'm guessing D1 will be right around 1:50 or slightly better.

So I'd say we're looking at 6 laps.

zer05ive, not sure if anyone else posted lap times for this combo, Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 (Racing Hard tires) @Tokyo R246 / Reverse (??? laps)? I'm guessing D1 will be right around 1:50 or slightly better.

So I'd say we're looking at 6 laps.

I'm getting 50s so yeah 6 laps

Congrats to all! Good racing fellas.

Hey, what track was this supposed to be? (Pre-GT5 data, I think)

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/gran-turismo-5-karting

It is Piazza del Campo. It was shown in that trailer video but someone threatened legal action because of something to do with the flags hanging from the buildings around the course. Rather than fight in court, PD pulled the track from the game. At least that's how I remember it. It has been almost two years since all that happened.

It is Piazza del Campo. It was shown in that trailer video but someone threatened legal action because of something to do with the flags hanging from the buildings around the course. Rather than fight in court, PD pulled the track from the game. At least that's how I remember it. It has been almost two years since all that happened.

Really? Such a shame. I didnt even know this track existed but it looks really cool. Would've loved to race on it.

My GTA update. Quickest clean lap was a 2:18.432 I think it was for 24th at the moment. An easy 2 tenths for me to make up in the first sector and other time on the track of course. I'm wondering what the minimal time to get in will be.

You know you have been around a long time when you have 94 podiums (tied with Hillracing for 2nd) and only took me 3 years to do it. Dang, should have raced last weekend and had a chance to have the most in the league. Congratulations JLBolwer on first with 95 podiums!

2:20.013 in GTA good for around 215th.

I think mid 19s are possible for me, but I'm running out of talent. lol. I can keep pace with the fastest times through the first couple of turns, but I lose like 2 seconds in the back half of the course. That fast right hand sweeper and the following S bends are just killing me.

Also, don't think I will be racing tomorrow night in D2. Gonna be busy.

I hit a 2:21.1 I to think I can squeak out another second or two, but I don't know about getting down lower. The top runners are so much more smooth then I seem to be able to get. I'm gonna keep at it for a few more days, see if I can't put it together.

Back