◆ S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races (everyone welcome)

• Thread starter kcheeb
  • 1,373 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case, something could have been said during the incident instead of silence. :lol:

Okay, I know this lag stuff is frustrating. Not just for you but everyone! As I said, I'll check the replays to see if I can see anything lag-wise.

Please don't escalate this any further, thanks!

EDIT: oops, double post, sorry.

If that was the case, something could have been said during the incident instead of silence. :lol:

Anyways, Tex pulled the same aggressive move twice during Tokyo, hence me commenting on it and you (pretty sure it was you) saying he couldn't hear me.

To be fair, drivers become pretty single minded when they're racing, concentrating on their race, and when lag comes into play the other driver in the incident is probably not seeing the same thing you are. I lagged out of a race and what I saw was two other drivers bump me off track, and they saw me weaving around.

Okay, I know this lag stuff is frustrating. Not just for you but everyone! As I said, I'll check the replays to see if I can see anything lag-wise.

Please don't escalate this any further, thanks!

EDIT: oops, double post, sorry.

My connection issues seem to have subsided because of my network extender but in order to say that I have to reboot it every 2-3 days (which I haven't done) so that could explain any lag you saw from me tonight.

I mentioned it each time it happened but for the most part they went overlooked so there ya go.

To be fair, drivers become pretty single minded when they're racing, concentrating on their race, and when lag comes into play the other driver in the incident is probably not seeing the same thing you are. I lagged out of a race and what I saw was two other drivers bump me off track, and they saw me weaving around.

The 'tunnel vision' players get while racing isn't an excuse to get bumpy, IF that is what happened rather than one trying to avoid the other from lagging into them which I don't think is it because nothing was mentioned from his end...at all.

Also, no one looked jumpy to me until my last lap on SSR5 which could explain that specific incident.

No worries. :)

I was the person who was speaking, Jared.

I couldn't see any of the leaders after the first lap.

Hey gang,

Got the results posted from last night 👍 You can also find them here.

This weeks prize winners:

qwietstorm
text36
racingfan

If I can ask you to post in the thread your track choice for next weeks 100's races, that would be awesome :)

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Madrid Mini. Reverse. Lap time around 1:02 or 1:03

All of it?

(Can't say all of them when it is singular gearing...)

This is why I'm fearful of replying to your posts ;)

When a buddy and I raced Karts we could swap the gear on the motor (centrifugal clutch housing) and the axle. But we just counted the number of teeth on the gears, good old chain drive.

Madrid Mini. Reverse. Lap time around 1:02 or 1:03

Circuit de la sarthe 2009 with chicanes

Thanks guys, will get the post updated shortly.

Handlebar
All of it?

(Can't say all of them when it is singular gearing...)

Technically speaking there are 2 gears. 1st and final. If we really want to be purely pedantic about it, there are 3, when you count reverse. :sly:

Pretty sure we all know what he meant though. ;)

Thank you kcheeb for picking me as being one of the weekly winners even though i still placed in 7th. Shows how much i am appreciated in the GT planet community and racing community of competitive race drivers and how thankful i am for getting the invite to be part of GT planet S.N.A.I.L

Technically speaking there are 2 gears. 1st and final. If we really want to be purely pedantic about it, there are 3, when you count reverse. :sly:

Pretty sure we all know what he meant though. ;)

I didn't know that, Dragonwhisky, thanks!

I get to learn something before I even get out of bed some days.

Glad to be of service Handlebar. ;)

If we really wanted to, we could even call the wheels and tires a "gear". Changing the OD of those will change everything as well.

May I make a suggestion for future track consideration: Nürburgring GP/D
That could be the best ever for our series. IMHO, that is.
Sorry no Lap Times, at this writing.

Thank you kcheeb for picking me as being one of the weekly winners even though i still placed in 7th. Shows how much i am appreciated in the GT planet community and racing community of competitive race drivers and how thankful i am for getting the invite to be part of GT planet S.N.A.I.L

You're welcome racingchamp30 👍 I want to spread the opportunities around :)

Glad you're having fun in S.N.A.I.L.!

May I make a suggestion for future track consideration: Nürburgring GP/D
That could be the best ever for our series. IMHO, that is.
Sorry no Lap Times, at this writing.

That would be a good track for sure. If Qwietstorm doesn't pick soon ... :D

qwietstorm
Just shooting from the hip here with no testing so please don't shoot me lol.

Lets do Tsukuba.

Thanks qwiet, next weeks tracks all sorted 👍 Will get the lineup updated a little later.

qwietstorm
Sorry for the late pick. Been outside enjoying the nice unseasonal weather here in MD.

Not a problem at all. I don't like last minuting things :) And it's nice to have some time to get the gearing sorted.

:cheers:

Since it was not specified, may we assume that it is "Tsukuba - without the motorcycle chicane"?

Woohoo! My 100 finally has 200 miles. Rebuilt the engine and it now has 24hp

1377428_443168785795995_1596996954_n.jpg

1390772_443168799129327_1449603265_n.jpg

And that was just a practice/tuning race.

Last edited:
Dragonwhisky
Woohoo! My 100 finally has 200 miles. Rebuilt the engine and it now has 24hp

And that was just a practice/tuning race.

👍

Rule number 1, don't be in the lead coming out of corner 4 :lol:

Had fun this afternoon guys!

Edit: Jared, saw no lag that last race, wired connection for the win 👍

Last edited:
Just a thought this morning .......
For Sarthe, may I suggest a One Lap qualifying attempt? (out lap and one timing lap).

TEX36
For Sarthe, may I suggest a One Lap qualifying attempt? (out lap and one timing lap).

Like your suggestion just another suggestion-

What if you did a 1 lap shootout for positions with everyone ghosted. Up to you guys

Like your suggestion just another suggestion-

What if you did a 1 lap shootout for positions with everyone ghosted. Up to you guys

Thanks for the thoughts guys. In keeping with the qualifying standard set in S.N.A.I.L. we'll do one out lap and one timed lap.

There are 'some' tricky sections at la Sarthe so you'll want to do a little homework ;)

Drat it anyway !!! Just found out the SBall game was rescheduled to 8:30 (9:30 Eastern time). Sooooo, won't be able to be back in time - even for the last race.
But SBall games are over after that one. So I'll be able to be at the rest of them.

Drat it anyway !!!

Easy there TEX ;)

Just found out the SBall game was rescheduled to 8:30 (9:30 Eastern time). Sooooo, won't be able to be back in time - even for the last race.
But SBall games are over after that one. So I'll be able to be at the rest of them.

Bummer, see you next week 👍

Tough news, Tex, we'll miss ya.

On another note... Any suggested gearings yet?

I was messing around at Madrid Mini and I was a bit surprised how much a .1 or .2 change in the first gear made. Open to ideas and info.

Also...

Saarthe was a knuckle-rattler, reminiscent of Cape Ring. I will turn my feedback down, down there. Any pavement on the straights that temporarily promised smoothness proved to be an empty promise, akin to a siren's song - a lure for the unwary.

Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back