◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Got my lineup set for tomorrow night and in the sheet. Looking forward to the slow/fast PP split, should provide some great variety :)
What he said ;)

Almost forgot about the lineup...quickly went through my garage about 30 mins ago and threw some numbers down.

Was excited about 1770pp combo untell I saw everyone was driving racing cars on spread sheet ):, glad I looked before I picked my cars

@danfurey please choose a track to replace. Bold tracks can not be chosen.

Eligible Tracks

Group A
Motegi Super Speedway
- (Chosen by @@tezgm99 5/14 many many times and ignored by me) - Laps 27
Apricot Hill - (Chosen by @@88GTA) - Laps 12
Suzuka - (Chosen By @@tezgm99) - laps 8
Ascari - (Chosen by @@carboneyes) - Laps 8
Autumn Ring (Chosen by @@Kgffy 5/7) - Laps 13

Group B
Tokyo R246 - (Chosen by @@JoeW) - Laps 9
Cape Ring Periphery - (Chosen by @@Schmiggz 5/21) - Laps 10
Indy Road Course - Laps 10
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @@danfurey) - Laps 8
London - (chosen by @@GTP_unleashed) - Laps 18

Group C
Brands Hatch Grand Prix '80s
- (Chosen by @@fizzer 6/3) - laps?
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - Laps 8
Grand Valley Full - (Chosen by @@88GTA) - Laps 9
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course - (Chosen by @@racefan78) - Laps 8
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @@Nish) - Laps 10

@danfurey I never saw a track pick from you. Would you like to choose one? I will not change the track list this week but will make the change for next week.

Nissan FALKEN☆GT-R Race Car '04 is listed at 582. It should be 568 with oil change.
Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 @ 585, should be 569

Last edited:
Nissan FALKEN☆GT-R Race Car '04 is listed at 582. It should be 568 with oil change.
Updated

Edit - I also think there is an update tonight at 12:00 EST so make sure to get your racing done. Are you all using 20 minute endurance setting now?

Updated

Edit - I also think there is an update tonight at 12:00 EST so make sure to get your racing done. Are you all using 20 minute endurance setting now?
One more jobster! Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 @ 585, should be 569

Can I make a suggestion on doing normal tire wear instead of fast, it would even things out between down force cars and production cars, it would open the book on cars too pick instead of worry if this car gets gd tire wear or not, also I know it's harder to conserve tires using A controller/ maybe use tire wear on lower pp where it seems not to make a difference.

Due to probable pre server maintenance issues, we had some unfortunate disconnects in the middle of the third race which affected the outcome of the night greatly. I think we started the race with 7 and ended with 3.

Due to the shake ups @Kgffy ties @kendawg with 58pts but kgffy wins the night based on tiebreaker.

You guys decide PP and qualy track for next Tues :)

Due to probable pre server maintenance issues, we had some unfortunate disconnects in the middle of the third race which affected the outcome of the night greatly. I think we started the race with 7 and ended with 3.

Due to the shake ups @Kgffy ties @kendawg with 58pts but kgffy wins the night based on tiebreaker.

Man what a shame. I spent so much moolah on cars testing them in the higher PP range. I grinded Red Bulls for at least 7M :(. Oh well I'll have them next time.

@Kgffy I'm sorry I don't agree with changing he tire wear rate. It also takes away the advantage of using a non production car. That's the trade off one has to make when selecting a car. While the production cars are generally faster in top speed, they have the disadvantage of having more weight and faster tire wear. The production vs tuner or race car debate comes down to what disadvantages are you're willing to accept. If we change the environment, were making an unrealistic world where the weight and downforce of the car do not matter. We have the same playing field when selecting a car. If you like top speed and think that will win over someone that selects a car with better cornering, then go for it, and vice versa.

Ok I understand race car production car hav their pros and cons makes things interesting but I'm using a controller and I know that using a wheel does help someone be more smooth and get better tire wear, maybe high pp fast tire wear races are not for me them, I m buying 4k mountain bike so wheel for me won't be tell nxt year

Ok I understand race car production car hav their pros and cons makes things interesting but I'm using a controller and I know that using a wheel does help someone be more smooth and get better tire wear, maybe high pp fast tire wear races are not for me them, I m buying 4k mountain bike so wheel for me won't be tell nxt year
buy a $3900 bike and use the $100 to buy a used logitech DFGT;) If you have $4k to buy a bike then surely $100 on a wheel should not be an issue. I know we all have priorities but you do not have to spend much to get a wheel.

This is meant to be a driving simulator. While I will not require anyone to have a wheel I am also not going to take away any advantage that a wheel has. Most of us who play this game do so because we love driving/racing so lets keep it as realistic as GT allows us while also making sure we have fun.

Sounds like something that could be tested.....I might pop online later today and run some laps around Motegi SS and see how the tyres fair for a DS3 and then a wheel in the same car (I'll even pick a street car instead of a racecar). I'll put up the results here :)

I'd do it now, but we're currently playing the Netherlands so I'll be yelling at my fellow Aussies for the next hour or so :P

Edit: @Kgffy did the DS3 first. Car used, Ferrari F430 '06. On fast wear, my right rear tyre dropped to a 5 around 27s into my 11th lap (lefts were both at 9, right front was a 7). Laptimes were around high 37's. For the DFGT, the same tyre was at a 5 around 16s into my 11th lap (9's for the lefts, a 7 for the right front, just like the DS3). However, my laptimes were faster (low 37's)....so I'd say I was doing better with the DS3 on tyres.

Edit 2: I think I tagged the wrong person first time around....my bad :(

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have heard rumors of small PP calculation changes so if you notice any changes in the known PP values let me know.

Also it sounds like cars may need to be reset to default (suspension in particular) even if you have not made any changes in order to get a car in a tuning prohibited room. I think this has to do with camber adjustments they have made in the physics model.

I'm doing payment Plan on bike so when it's payed off 100% , I'll looked into a wheel, but I want to get a gd 1 at first do it the right way, mt biking comes first gt6 comes second, I understand your take on it joyb well said, keep it the way u guys runs things, and I try to adjust , or I'll only run lower pp nights, I'll watch replays to see what other ppl tire wear is compared to me, to see if there's a big difference

I'm doing payment Plan on bike so when it's payed off 100% , I'll looked into a wheel, but I want to get a gd 1 at first do it the right way, mt biking comes first gt6 comes second, I understand your take on it joyb well said, keep it the way u guys runs things, and I try to adjust , or I'll only run lower pp nights, I'll watch replays to see what other ppl tire wear is compared to me, to see if there's a big difference
I totally understand. I will say that the DFGT is a great wheel for the money. Many GT Academy finalists have or do use it. Yes the G27 is better and I would recommend it. Beyond that you are getting in to the point of diminishing returns for the money. But the joys of having a wheel should never be put on hold when you can get such a fine wheel for so little;)

Yes the G27 is better and I would recommend it.

I'm not convinced about that. A trade-in store here had both setup with F1 2013 (leading up to the Canadian GP) and I preferred the DFGT. However, that may be because that's what I have so I'm used to it....

I'm not convinced about that. A trade-in store here had both setup with F1 2013 (leading up to the Canadian GP) and I preferred the DFGT. However, that may be because that's what I have so I'm used to it....
you are of course wrong;) I had a DFP and the G27 is miles better. The pedals are the biggest improvement but the wheel is much quieter and having two motors makes it respond better when going left to right.

Sorry about the game:(

Sweet @Kgffy you're a biker too! I knew there was a reason I liked you. What bike are you spending your $4000 on? You should be able to get full suspension with amount of money. I have a canondale rush 7 and love that thing. Totally agree worth your priorities :).

I live in southern ca, Santa Monica mt, a mountain biker heaven, i own giant anthem 8 years old, I'm planning on getting another anthem 27.5 wheel, canondale are sweet bikes too

you are of course wrong;) I had a DFP and the G27 is miles better. The pedals are the biggest improvement but the wheel is much quieter and having two motors makes it respond better when going left to right.

It may have just been the game as well. I know for F1 2011 (which I have), I don't like the wheel, it just doesn't feel as good as it does for GT6, but apparently it had issues with calibrating wheels....I guess I'd have been able to offer a better review if they'd put in GT6 but hey, I could only make do with what they had :lol:

Due to the shake ups @Kgffy ties @kendawg with 58pts but kgffy wins the night. based on tiebreaker. I'll pick pp, and I'll post something by tonight

Back