◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
I got taken out in the first race on lap one while leading. Because of a parked car in middle of the track. I just knew that JOE had slipped in the room to take me out. :lol:

I got taken out in the first race on lap one while leading. Because of a parked car in middle of the track. I just knew that JOE had slipped in the room to take me out. :lol:
he also took out like 4 others XD
a lapped car just sitting on the track most of the race decided to appear right in front of me and kg while I was leading and messed me up with 2 laps to go......join the unlucky party XD

As much as I like this format and all of the guys that put in the effort to run it week in and week out and the majority of drivers in this event, I will not be racing in the DTC for the foreseeable future.

I've done route x in my spec Rms can be fun with right cars but need a car that does not top out, not sure that track is allowed in dtc
once you've tired Subaru 360 on route 7, you realize every other car is the right car compared to that

et_
If it is allowed, I'm thinking something like this:

Total PP must not exceed 1920pp

The car in race 1 must be between 350 and 390pp
The car in race 2, 3, and 4 must be between 455 and 535pp

The combined PP of the cars in race 1 and 2 must not exceed 900pp
The combined PP of the cars in race 3 and 4 must not exceed 1020pp

As for the tires, it would be nice to have CS in race 1, SH in race 2, SM in race 3, and SS in race 4.

That would require you to really think about your choice of cars and what to use where:P
I'm confused...

et_
I suspect I have something to do with that...

Probably. I didn't have a major issue with your driving, but I did see a few questionable moves. Remember its a 15 minute race, car performance can be wildly different, and no one cares if you win or not. Have a little patience and have fun :)

If you want hard core competitive (but still clean racing) come run with us in Sunday night spec racing. But be warned if you make a habit of door banging, you will not be welcomed back.

Probably. I didn't have a major issue with your driving, but I did see a few questionable moves. Remember its a 15 minute race, car performance can be wildly different, and no one cares if you win or not. Have a little patience and have fun :)

If you want hard core competitive (but still clean racing) come run with us in Sunday night spec racing. But be warned if you make a habit of door banging, you will not be welcomed back.
I watched the replay and didn't see anything, although, I probably should've watched more than the last 30 seconds

Very well said fizzer. That is the one thing guys have got to understand. You may be starting up front but may have a slower car than the guys behind you. And if a guy has a faster car than cars in front of him. He has to realize this and have a little patience.

I watched the replay and didn't see anything, although, I probably should've watched more than the last 30 seconds

So if I read 2 pages of a book, I've read actually read all of it? Cool! My students will be stoked!

Really - if someone even hints "maybe saw something...." - why wouldn't you be concerned enough to watch the entire race to see what they may be hinting at?

The excuses, or reasons not to watch something after a comment or warning are troubling - didn't care, don't believe I ever make mistakes, everyone else is always wrong....

Just saying - care, and diligence, do your best. If watching only 30 seconds is care, diligence, and your best....

I'm already signed up to the snail, however this sunday looks like I wont make it.

What moves would that be? Im not being sassy on you, I sincerely want to know if that is the case.:guilty:
My opinion is that it was all clean, apart from the incident with @JLBowler , which we have talked about in private already.

So if I read 2 pages of a book, I've read actually read all of it? Cool! My students will be stoked!

Really - if someone even hints "maybe saw something...." - why wouldn't you be concerned enough to watch the entire race to see what they may be hinting at?

The excuses, or reasons not to watch something after a comment or warning are troubling - didn't care, don't believe I ever make mistakes, everyone else is always wrong....

Just saying - care, and diligence, do your best. If watching only 30 seconds is care, diligence, and your best....
why you saying this to me? I was not involved nor am the host of this league. and I was joking, I did watch the whole thing -_-

et_
I'm already signed up to the snail, however this sunday looks like I wont make it.

What moves would that be? Im not being sassy on you, I sincerely want to know if that is the case.:guilty:
My opinion is that it was all clean, apart from the incident with @JLBowler , which we have talked about in private already.

Pushing a 3 wide dive bomb into the last turn complex at Suzuka was one. There were some others. Like I said, not too bad, but I do remember thinking to myself "this guy must be new to snail".

You're pretty quick, you don't need to make crazy moves to pass people in DTC.

Pushing a 3 wide dive bomb into the last turn complex at Suzuka was one. There were some others. Like I said, not too bad, but I do remember thinking to myself "this guy must be new to snail".

You're pretty quick, you don't need to make crazy moves to pass people in DTC.
Ok, I'll take that into consideration for future races, however, just because we go 3 wide doesn't mean it's a dive bomb, I held a tight inner line through the entire right hander. When you're unable to hold that line it's a dive bomb.

et_
Ok, I'll take that into consideration for future races, however, just because we go 3 wide doesn't mean it's a dive bomb, I held a tight inner line through the entire right hander. When you're unable to hold that line it's a dive bomb.

I'm responding to your comment but this is not directed entirely at you:

Pulling along next to another car (or in this case two other cars) through a tight chicane on the first lap is an aggressive move in and of itself. Watch any professional race and notice how the passing is done on the straights and not in close quarters. There are obviously millions of dollars and people's lives at stake in real life, but the quality of racing and etiquette can remain similar if we follow the same rules.

There is nothing wrong with pulling behind a slower car and passing on a straight. The name of the game is overlap, conviction and finesse. Don't do it if you can't make it stick.

This goes for anyone, any time in this series.

Back