◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
My biggest apologies to the racers tonight. No excuse I should have ripped the chord from the wall and avoided any mess. I don't know what has happened with my wheel but I loaded all fine and was frozen to the line. I could hear everything , stearing worked, gears worked, I could rev my engine and push breaks. But it was glued. I couldn't chat or exit with buttons .I thought I could try a couple things quick to get rolling. I know it was a long time but I misjudged no help from a late night buz. And the pack was on me. I tried after to get a chat in to explain but only thing that worked was pulling the plug, which again sorry I know I should have just done that first . I am sorry for starting the night out with the wrong kind of bang.
Enjoy the tough battles ahead

A big thank you to @USERID_77a23 . Parking on the starting grid to be a roadblock for lap two was a nice trick. Nothing like going from 5th to dead last in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
The Nissan has been updated to 333PP

The Audi R8 LMS Ultra 12 shows as 597 for me so I have updated that.

He was all finish, not just Swedish tonight :P
I sea what you did their.

@et_
You get to pick the performance point total for next week or the qualifying track.

@Kgffy
You can pick whichever is left.

@Handlebar
Sorry you couldn't get in last night. We tried waiting for you to get on track a few times but maybe next week it will work out.

I sea what you did their.

@et_
You get to pick the performance point total for next week or the qualifying track.

@Kgffy
You can pick whichever is left.

@Handlebar
Sorry you couldn't get in last night. We tried waiting for you to get on track a few times but maybe next week it will work out.
If it is allowed, I'm thinking something like this:

Total PP must not exceed 1920pp

The car in race 1 must be between 350 and 390pp
The car in race 2, 3, and 4 must be between 455 and 535pp

The combined PP of the cars in race 1 and 2 must not exceed 900pp
The combined PP of the cars in race 3 and 4 must not exceed 1020pp

As for the tires, it would be nice to have CS in race 1, SH in race 2, SM in race 3, and SS in race 4.

That would require you to really think about your choice of cars and what to use where:P

et_
I dont find it? All I see is a list of what tyres goes to what PP...
it should be the second post, I think
Yes, but I know people that easily beat me with a controller...
I could tell because you were way faster than anyone else in a bluebird

et_
I dont find it? All I see is a list of what tyres goes to what PP...

Yes, but I know people that easily beat me with a controller...
You can't split the PP like that.

If you wanted the first two races to be 900pp then both races need to use cars around 450pp.

If you want the second two races to be 1020pp then each car needs to be around 510pp.

You can't decide the actual PP for each race.

We need to keep this series simple for newcomers. Adding a split complicates it enough. specifying the PP for each race is over the top.

You can't split the PP like that.

If you wanted the first two races to be 900pp then both races need to use cars around 450pp.

If you want the second two races to be 1020pp then each car needs to be around 510pp.

You can't decide the actual PP for each race.

We need to keep this series simple for newcomers. Adding a split complicates it enough. specifying the PP for each race is over the top.
But there are already a decided maximum and minimum pp value, the only difference is I split them into 1+3 instead of 2+2.

et_
But there are already a decided maximum and minimum pp value, the only difference is I split them into 1+3 instead of 2+2.

And they you tried to choose different tires for different races within the three car split. Listen to JoeW. You can pick one total PP for the entire night or you can choose to split the races 2 and 2 with two separate PP levels. The PP you choose will determine the tires, not you.

et_
I know. It doesn't sound like much but this series is fairly complicated to new guys upon first viewing the page. The split made it even more complicated. So let's try to keep it like we always have...either do a flat 1920pp or split it two ways.

I hate to limit your split/fun ratio but this could lead to people trying to specify the pp for each race.

Ninja'd by @JLBowler ;)

@jobyone
Read posts above.

et_
Then I'll go with a split at 900 + 1020pp.
Sounds good, thanks for your choice!

What will be max and min?
We use a 5% spread from the average, so:

Tuesday 7/29/14

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1920pp

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
900pp. All cars must be between 428pp and 473pp on sports medium tires.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
1020pp. All cars must be between 485pp and 536pp with sport soft tires.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
All you @Kgffy

I'm changing the sign-up tab of the spreadsheet now to reflect the PP split.

@jobyone
Read posts above.

Sounds good, thanks for your choice!

We use a 5% spread from the average, so:

Tuesday 7/29/14

This event will run with a combined PP of:
1920pp

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
900pp. All cars must be between 428pp and 473pp on sports medium tires.

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
1020pp. All cars must be between 485pp and 536pp with sport soft tires.

Qualifying and the first race will take place at
All you @Kgffy

I'm changing the sign-up tab of the spreadsheet now to reflect the PP split.
Looks good mate:D

A note about the split. It was originally suggested to help us get around the lack of FF cars at High PP choices and lack of MR's at the low PP choices. But it was found to add some nice variation so it has become a fun way to mix things up. But as others have said lets keep it from getting to complicated.

Thanks for making the suggestion and to @88GTA for keeping track of splits and PP ranges. I will update the OP/lineups later today.

Is anyone going to do some pictures from last night?

Back