◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Yes this gets addictive due to the amount of different car combos that can be made. I had three or four options going into yesterday and just had to pull the trigger.

All that's left now is to hear from Fizzer on his choice. In the meantime, I suggest you start testing out 4WD cars and FF cars that you like to drive and are confident with. Those seem to be the hardest to pick each week.

At least I apologized to him. And I am done talking about this. Like @88GTA said, it could send the wrong message to potential entrants.
The least we can do is shake it off and wait until next week and hope things work better.

On a more positive note, came in 7th in my first week!
I came in 6th my 1st week........out of 6 :P

. Lol that was my first time driving it, never driving again, I'll pick subie or evo over Audi boats nxt time
I was thinking about the Pikes Peak Quattro but then I thought 'nahh, I want to have at least 1 good finish tonight'

We will never forget, the day a Mitsubishi Rally Car killed a Lexus.

This post is in honor of the Lexus.

Attachments

• Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg
    Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 7

I was actually surprised with that race. took my self into the sand the first corner and fell to last but managed to make my way up to 2nd.....never give up kids!

also that Lexus is FAST

Funny, I remember reading just a few posts back that you were done with that issue.

Ken is right about the fact that other people can save and watch the replay as well. A still picture doesn't tell any of the story and to those of us who did save and watch the replay, you're making yourself look bad by keeping the issue going.

If you're interested in the opinion of the most experienced steward in SNAIL on that incident, feel free to PM me and I'll review the incident for you. Warning, you probably won't like what you read if you take that option.

I did better than I thought i would do, already working on cars for next week!
You also have to work on checking your sorroundings and not ram people off track like you did to me at Daytona.
You start the first corner on the outside, than suddenly decide to catch the race line on the inside knocking me off track in the process.
That was my winning car in my winning track!

You also have to work on checking your sorroundings and not ram people off track like you did to me at Daytona.
You start the first corner on the outside, than suddenly decide to catch the race line on the inside knocking me off track in the process.
I don't know Schmiggs, that Miura was pretty fast and hard to catch

Funny, I remember reading just a few posts back that you were done with that issue.

I'm only joking. I'm gonna have fun with it now. Now, looking back, it was mostly my fault cause i lost it. I'm done being serious about it. I was mostly mad cause I was so tired by the end of the last race.

Now I don't remember that at all. What car were you in?
And @ERAUfan97 has a point.
And I am not starting anything else with anybody over something I don't remember.

Last edited:
Official Announcement

In the past few weeks I have been hearing reports of racing incidents or behavior that make me sad:(

I want to make a few points and hopefully we can all make sure that we strive to keep this the fun and chilled league it has been for well over a year.

1. Have Fun
2. Respect the other drivers. This is a unique series with people of different skills racing very different cars. Add to that the 20 minute race time and there is no need to plow through the field. Show some patience and focus on having fun.
3. If an incident does happen please do not respond on track (or via chat). Finish the night then watch the replays. If you feel another drivers action were against the OLR then talk to them by PM. But do this politely. If you feel you need to you can copy me into the conversation.
4. Do not rage quit. If you are here to have fun just take a deep breath. Finish the race and try to have fun.

The Key is

Have FUN damit!

Now with that out of the way. It is great to see such a full grid. It does bring up the point of what do we do if we have 17 people wanting to race? Do we limit it to the first 16 that post a lineup? Or would you rather have a quick qualifying event and split in to two rooms with 8-9 racers?

Guys, it's been like 6 hours since I said it. Please leave the discussion of any incidents to PMs or let @jobyone and I know. I understand that many are curious as to what may have happened or who may have bumped who (without even knowing) but please don't post it here.

Save every race and watch it the next day. It may help you rationalize a hazy moment during a late night, adrenaline filled race and it may save you from sending a PM out of frustration. If you need to vent or want me to watch something, PM me. I can contact a number of official SNAIL stewards (one of which is our fearless leader) who weren't even racing to take a look.

Lastly, look what happens when we bicker, trade paint and argue...

@fizzer takes home all the bacon in a landslide victory. And I don't know about you guys, but I really like bacon.

Guys, it's been like 6 hours since I said it. Please leave the discussion of any incidents to PMs or let @jobyone and I know. I understand that many are curious as to what may have happened or who may have bumped who (without even knowing) but please don't post it here.

Save every race and watch it the next day. It may help you rationalize a hazy moment during a late night, adrenaline filled race and it may save you from sending a PM out of frustration. If you need to vent or want me to watch something, PM me. I can contact a number of official SNAIL stewards (one of which is our fearless leader) who weren't even racing to take a look.

Lastly, look what happens when we bicker, trade paint and argue...

@fizzer takes home all the bacon in a landslide victory. And I don't know about you guys, but I really like bacon.
I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to win.....cause bacon was involved.....tacos are a different story

Did anyone take down details that would allow them to fill in the cars that were used last night?

For Racerdude and everyone else racing on GT6, this is one of the golden rules of real life racing that I will never be tired of repeating over and over again for as many times it needs to.
When the race starts, every driver has to imagine two driving lanes on the track into the first corner and stay on his lane no matter what. Its the only way to avoid a first corner meyhem!!!
Exception goes if you clearly noticed that whoever was on the next grid position had a terrible start and fell behind.
Check real life racing in tracks like Monza or Spa.

For Racerdude and everyone else racing on GT6, this is one of the golden rules of real life racing that I will never be tired of repeating over and over again for as many times it needs to.
When the race starts, every driver has to imagine two driving lanes on the track into the first corner and stay on his lane no matter what. Its the only way to avoid a first corner meyhem!!!
Exception goes if you clearly noticed that whoever was on the next grid position had a terrible start and fell behind.
You're right there m8! thats how I imagine it, however I would say you are allowed to swich lanes before the braking. when you reach the braking point, pick a lane, and stay there.:)

et_
You're right there m8! thats how I imagine it, however I would say you are allowed to swich lanes before the braking. when you reach the braking point, pick a lane, and stay there.:)
Absolutely... As long you do that lane change safely

I feel like we should have a dirty race to get rid of all this anger
I speak for myself, there's no anger at all. A little frustration? Yes, I bet all my chips on that race and didn't make it after the first corner and as I'm tremendously tolerant with other people's mistakes I get pretty pissed when those mistakes are caused by radical risky moves done without even considering the consequences.
But that state lasts 5 minutes here.

Did anyone take down details that would allow them to fill in the cars that were used last night?
It was too much for me to do during the races...thanks to the large grid...so Koszak volunteered to do that after the fact ;)

Ok. I'm done with people singling me out. @Schmiggz, PM me and we will have a "discussion" if you wish. Stop using the thread. I'm really sick of this already.

Back