◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
I just wanted to say good racing in D5 tonight, great turn out.

And a special thanks to RacingChamp, who had a great race wih me in race 6. He could have taken me, but he has great race craft and didn't use his bumper to push my big back bumper out of his much faster way. Great clean finish by .056.

While waiting to qualify in the Lotus RM, I looked over to the let and noticed the window crank. Made me want to just grab it and crank down the window. So figured I'd make a video so you all could enjoy as it tickled me. ;)

D3, Race 2, Last Lap - Battle for 5th

Who says you can't pass or go 2 wide through here? Apparently, these guys didn't get that memo.

16588_407345856044955_42921144_n.jpg

521884_407345912711616_386369071_n.jpg

At the Hairpin
539566_407345916044949_776212530_n.jpg

Drag race to the line!
1016803_407345862711621_40618325_n.jpg

At the line! The driver of the blue car thanks the pilot of the red for giving him a push. :cheers:
541673_407345866044954_1429771380_n.jpg

These kind of battles were everywhere in D3 tonight.

Dragonwhisky
D3, Race 2, Last Lap - Battle for 5th

Who says you can't pass or go 2 wide through here? Apparently, these guys didn't get that memo.

At the Hairpin

Drag race to the line!

At the line! The driver of the blue car thanks the pilot of the red for giving him a push. :cheers:

These kind of battles were everywhere in D3 tonight.

i honestly gave you the bump assuming i wasnt going to gain anything. i got lucky and got some draft. :cheers:

you made some great passes in the kink counting the one you put on me. great race!

Im hoping the rx7 sticks around. My best races last night came from the first round. It seemed the more grip, the worse I did. The s2000, what a pushy b!&¢* that was. the lotus was pretty good too, I just think I was burned out on madrid.
:grumpy: looks like races cars ruled the night. Good bye rx7, parting is such, well, bitter sorrow. Oh well, on to the next. Would be fun, Veyron at Spa...

Last edited:
While waiting to qualify in the Lotus RM, I looked over to the let and noticed the window crank. Made me want to just grab it and crank down the window. So figured I'd make a video so you all could enjoy as it tickled me. ;)

Just another benefit of triple screens.. fresh air! :lol:

Two weeks in a row I can't stay connected to a room...anyone think it's the hardware on my end? Zero, do I risk getting bumped out of D4 if I can't race? Seems D5 is full enough these days as is :P

PS3 freshly started, internet and router freshly cycled, and no cache... could my router be to blame?

Two weeks in a row I can't stay connected to a room...anyone think it's the hardware on my end? Zero, do I risk getting bumped out of D4 if I can't race? Seems D5 is full enough these days as is :P

PS3 freshly started, internet and router freshly cycled, and no cache... could my router be to blame?

It could be. If you can, you should totally reset it back to factory defaults. If you can, you should load a different firmware on your router. DD-WRT is what I use, but Tomato is a good one as well.

The Celica TRD sports M is in the OCD!!! This car is so great!!! Everybody please send a copy of it to me so I can have one in every color!

Oh that celica! I would love to take the macros out for a drive. That would be neat. But the Veyron. That would be fun at high speed ring!
Ohhh, oh oh! I was doing something as I was turning laps last night, way, way in the back. What do you guys think of boosting up tire wear to fast? Since they added the extra settings back at patch whatever, we had a lot of races where tire wear became a concern. It seems now though, we haven't had that issue. You can go full drift around a track on race hards and not be concerned about burning up your rubber. Just thought I would throw it out there to be chewed on.

I was wondering about that extra quote there zer0...

Yeah I have no idea how that got in there.. :confused: But dang, you saw that post with the quickness! I deleted that extra portion only after a few seconds!

kcheeb and I look at a lot of different factors when doing promotion and relegation, but network issues is not one of them. Of course, getting disconnected will decrease your score for the season, but we tend to only use the month points totals to determine candidates for promotion. To find candidates for relegation, we tend to put priority on the heap of colorful stats underneath (scroll down to see the rainbow chart ;)).

EDIT: Before I get any "yeah but.." PM's, let me just clarify my statement above by saying that we also use all of the data to determine candidates for promotion as well. In other words, just because you're not at the top of the leader board doesn't mean you won't be promoted. For example, if the data shows that you only races for part of the season, but that when you did you dominated or showed the consistent pace of a higher division, then you will also be considered for promotion.

Last edited:
Here are the official results from our league night on July 28, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 88 points (80.08 for prize purposes only)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. z06fun ------------ did not submit a vote
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • dgafaboutany1420 -- DNR
  • Ice_Warden -------- DNR
  • GTP_Benz-27 ------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • hillracing -------- DNR
  • Adventuruss ------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
  • kendawg198 -------- DNR
  • racefan78 --------- DNR
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • serge_1919 -------- DNR
  • RickyBobbyV8 ------ DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
Division 2
  1. zegrated ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 83 points (80.51 for prize purposes only)
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • jmoneykillaz09 ---- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • VAG_star ---------- DNR
  • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
  • patriot-1128 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Wins ---------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. albtifosi --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 82 points (87.01 for Prize C)
  2. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. SoCalRacer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. rallywgn81 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. The2ArmedMen ------ did not submit a vote
  13. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • HusamOne ---------- DNR
  • GTSuchiiyaSan ----- DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. GTP_Ph7shr -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 91 points (93.97 for Prize B)
  2. GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Bandit0627 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  9. Deadbrah ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. kkoe -------------- did not submit a vote
  11. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • floor_tom --------- DNR
  • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
  • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
  • edwin1017 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • otakukid965 ------- DNR
  • iroquois-- -------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
Division 5
  1. Priest8 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 88 points (96.82 for Prize A)
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. myato1 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Fabricio98 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. JRumley ----------- did not submit a vote
  14. georgeleo99 ------- did not submit a vote
  15. COL_KLINK01 ------- did not submit a vote
  • DigiImprov -------- DNR
  • RafaelR_13 -------- DNR
  • flesxruoyxllik ---- DNR
  • RJ_Whitlock_9mm --- DNR
  • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • nerf058 ----------- DNR
  • ffbbsou812 -------- DNR
  • PICHON617 --------- DNR
  • nateral00 --------- DNR
  • patmanattack ------ DNR
  • DADYGERAR --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 1 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 @Circuito de Madrid - Mini / Reverse

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Priest8 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Honda S2000 LM Race Car @Suzuka Circuit

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GTP_Ph7shr gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to albtifosi so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
Rnd 1 - 19
Rnd 2 - 9
Rnd 3 - 11

Counted the votes. Not sure it's 100%

But looks like Round 1 is gone and Round 3 gets car or track change.

Has the Viper ACR ever been used?

Two great cars to consider this week:
Citroen GT Racecar
Alfa TZ2

Rnd 1 - 19
Rnd 2 - 9
Rnd 3 - 11

Counted the votes. Not sure it's 100%

But looks like Round 1 is gone and Round 3 gets car or track change.

Has the Viper ACR ever been used?

Two great cars to consider this week:
Citroen GT Racecar
Alfa TZ2

I believe the final count is:

Round 1: 23 - 2 = 21
Round 2: 11 - 0 = 11
Round 3: 14 - 1 = 13

Regardless, you're assessment on which round is gone and which round gets modified is spot on. 👍

Panda, how awesome! when I was younger, we raised a few clutches. Usually between 1 and 4 birds. Mostly robins that had been abandoned. We also bred finches and cockatiels. All baby birds are noisy, stinky little guys that are sooo ugly until those pin feathers finally open up. It's good to see someone care for nature though.

Schmiggs! You....! *fistshake* my only goal was to beat you! I almost had it too! Man did I ever suck it up last night. I'll be gunning for you next week!.

Edit: I think you both have the votes wrong, the first and the 3rds counts should be flipped...

What happened to the data that shows your points for the month? I cant seem to find it. Want to know how far I dropped a.fter my disaster of a night last night.

Had 2 great finishes last night in D2, both for the win!

First race of the night. nmcp1 in the red, I'm in the blue. He beat me out by 0.030. Great race buddy!

w5qB44j.jpg

------------------------

Epic finish with GCarneiroBR. I am the car closest to the camera. This one is strange though. Results showed I won by 0.005, but the picture clearly shows me in 2nd :nervous: Chalk it up to GT5's buggy timers and/or lag again.

klFSjUn.jpg

SD3QBw7.jpg

I like the lotus, I need to practice the track more though. This car is great fun at autumn ring r. I wonder if we are getting a new car or track...

Panda, how awesome! when I was younger, we raised a few clutches. Usually between 1 and 4 birds. Mostly robins that had been abandoned. We also bred finches and cockatiels. All baby birds are noisy, stinky little guys that are sooo ugly until those pin feathers finally open up. It's good to see someone care for nature though.

Schmiggs! You....! *fistshake* my only goal was to beat you! I almost had it too! Man did I ever suck it up last night. I'll be gunning for you next week!.

Edit: I think you both have the votes wrong, the first and the 3rds counts should be flipped...

Yeah my girlfriend found this guy in her grandparents' gutter when he was only a couple days old, a strangely common occurrence for her. I take care of him when she's at work and boy is he an awry little bugger! I think it'll be time to let him go within the next couple days though, he's almost got flying down and has learned to flutter to my hair to make a little next lol And on your little note to Schmiggs, he's really good at that 👍

The Lotus survived? That's disappointing :(

I think it's the track that a makes it disappointing. I loooooooved it at autumn ring. I wonder how it would do at Laguna Seca. It just popped into my head and it sounds like fun to me. It was a little disappointing at nürburg to me, just too stiff and bouncy for that rough of a track. To me it's one of those cars that's really freaking good at a select few things, but easily gets placed out of its comfort (read fun) zone.

Edit, sorry I didn't race last night. The concert sucked and my friend only thought rehab was going to be there, they were the whole reason I wanted to go :grumpy: I did see filter, live, and everclear. Filter was horrible, I'm 90% sure that my one summer of running a band PA system had me better trained than their sound guy. Live freaking rocked and everclear was 50/50. They were good and sounded good, but after hearing him say "alright guys do we have any old fans here?" Then "do we have any old old school fans here tonight?" And "alright do we have any OOOOLD old school old school fans here? I'm talking oooooold school ooold fans" it got as old as he wanted it to. Plus they only played two popular songs before playing a bunch of old stuff that's wasn't so good. It wasn't that bad, but I don't think you should do that at a free concert, not the same fan base as a typical gig. It was fun to hang out with my irl friends, but I was missin my gt5 friends.

Last edited:
Back