◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
I put mine on share, Hooker.

Setting B is the Vanilla spot, if it seems wonky.

Put the Alfa up as well for them's that needs it.

Last edited:
October 20, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
(326HP / PP 463) (Sports Medium tires)
@Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (5 laps)

350z_motegi_zps3b87e4eb.jpg

photo by Nicktune

ROUND TWO
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65
(177HP / PP 501) (Racing Hard tires)
@Special Stage Route 5 (7 laps)

Alfa_SSR5_zpsdbe370b5.jpg

photo by Nicktune

ROUND THREE
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
(621HP / PP 641) (Racing Medium tires)
@Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Gt_Suz_zps21611d25.jpg

photo by Dragonwhisky

No worries, I will leave both up tonight, I 'get' to chaperone homecoming.

I haven't figured out my son's dating strategery yet... A blonde and a brunette?

Gots to talk about 'unseen perils' with the lad, I think.

Goat, just so you know, I have been doing remote races with your drivers and you have about 1.5 mil credits sitting there! Just letting you know in case you didn't know! Also, kcheeb, I have been using yours too but didn't get to counting up yours! Its probably around half mil!

7375653288_33b033905c_o.jpg

-Tonight's Episode-
Cape Ring South - 76 Laps - Caution Laps - Lap 24 & Lap 49
SNAIL_Division2 Lounge

This will be the last OFFICIAL race of the year and the last OFFICIAL race on GT5. 13 seasons, WOW . It's been an awesome ride. SPEC'S first race was April 14th, 2012, called the M3 GTR Race Car Challenge
that was the idea of cmbeal317. 13 seasons and 18 months later, with all that we've been through and changes through out that time, S.P.E.C. is Saturday's Premier Enduro Club , there's no doubt about that! I'm also proud to say that SPEC has been a S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series Event from day one and I personally would like to thank every Snail who has raced with us and those who will in the future. With out all of you, this awesome Saturday night event would not have lasted as long as it has, so thank you:)👍

But Wait There's More
Join us on December 7th for our first official GT6 event!
Click the GT6 banner for all the awesome details

Even More
SPEC will be having 'Special Event' races in the month of November, starting on Nov 2nd. I think everyone will like what we have planned, so stay tuned.

Sadly no racing for me tomorrow night, soccer game until 6 and I doubt I'll be able to get home when the green flag drops, have fun with the ford, it's a lot of fun, cya next week.

bandit0627
Goat, just so you know, I have been doing remote races with your drivers and you have about 1.5 mil credits sitting there! Just letting you know in case you didn't know! Also, kcheeb, I have been using yours too but didn't get to counting up yours! Its probably around half mil!

I saw that and scooped some cash a couple of days ago, thanks 👍

If anyone is interested I'll jumping into a lounge here shortly do get some much need practice with the 350z and the Ford..

If anyone is around I am at the ring doing a track day

Closed

Had a nice hour at the ring in my Lotus Carlton. I really like that car/track combo:)

Edit -

On a very different note I saw this thead

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=287996

If vbr is correct it has me a bit concerned about the replay that the stewards use could not be showing everything. He implies that the further away from the person recording the replay a car is the less info is recorded about them. This means that incidents may be hard to accurately see. I hope GT 6 makes it easier to share replays but perhaps we should think about allowing the people involved in an incident to share there replay with the stewards.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
love to TIME TRIAL to qualify for a certain division but my only days off of work are wednesdays and thursdays....so sunday is out of the question....anything going on on those two days that i may qualify for? psn name TEAMworkPLEASE add me if you have a space available for me to participate....an honest driver......i drive with 2 joysticks and have x button as my shift up and square as my shift down so im kind of slow on the straights cause i take a second literally to shift but i make up for it in the corners i suppose with smooth transition on the joysticks. love to drive!

On a very different note I saw this thead

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=287996

If vbr is correct it has me a bit concerned about the replay that the stewards use could not be showing everything. He implies that the further away from the person recording the replay a car is the less info is recorded about them. This means that incidents may be hard to accurately see. I hope GT 6 makes it easier to share replays but perhaps we should think about allowing the people involved in an incident to share there replay with the stewards.

Just my $.02

He's right. This is how GT5 has always worked, and it does this to conserve bandwidth. It makes sense that you need to have better information about the cars near you than the cars that aren't. So your PS3 sends more frequent updates about your position and speed to the PS3s of nearby drivers than to drivers further away. Your PS3 creates the replay based on whatever information it gets from other drivers' PS3s.

It's a limitation the stewards have to deal with, and I think we've done a pretty good job of recognizing when the replays we have at our disposal give us enough information or not to make a good decision. It's only really an issue when an incident is borderline to begin with, and that's often not the case.

That said, the only time those differential perspectives really changed how we actually saw an incident was when we took the FGT to Daytona Road Course. The rapid bouncing off the rev limiter threw GT5's lag prediction for a loop and resulted in some very strange-looking replays. Generally speaking, I'm impressed with how well GT5 deals with lag. There are certain intractable problems that arise when dealing with 10+ participants spanning 2-3 continents. That we run into as few problems as we do is surprising.

Of course, I'd love it if PD advances the state of the art with GT6. Online is going to be more important with this game than any previous GT, I would guess.

go6
love to TIME TRIAL to qualify for a certain division but my only days off of work are wednesdays and thursdays....so sunday is out of the question....anything going on on those two days that i may qualify for? psn name TEAMworkPLEASE add me if you have a space available for me to participate....an honest driver......i drive with 2 joysticks and have x button as my shift up and square as my shift down so im kind of slow on the straights cause i take a second literally to shift but i make up for it in the corners i suppose with smooth transition on the joysticks. love to drive!

Hey Go6,

I replied to your first post here :)

Should have the info you're looking for.

Im in D1 eating some fruits to get rid a little of my flu and practicing for tonight if anyone want to catch my flu, just come in D1 ^_-

I did some practice laps in the ford. Got my time down to 1:55.0. What times are other people setting?

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I last posted here.

Good news, I'm on mid-term break so I'll be able to race with you tonight. I just need someone to send me a broken in 350Z and I'm good to go.

Can someone send me one please while I get some practice time in the two other cars ?

Thank you :)

Hey WD, not sure whose on your friends list, but if you look back through the last page or two, there are a few people that have the cars up on share. if you have one of them on your friends list, borrow the car and perform a borrow glitch. That should be able to get you one now, otherwise feel free to send me a FR and I will set you up in a couple of hours.
Wouldn't you know it, TOTTP, wish I had something useful to place here.
Skip to 1:40 for the good stuff.

Last edited:
Hey WD, not sure whose on your friends list, but if you look back through the last page or two, there are a few people that have the cars up on share. if you have one of them on your friends list, borrow the car and perform a borrow glitch. That should be able to get you one now, otherwise feel free to send me a FR and I will set you up in a couple of hours.

I'm currently running the GT through the 4 hour endurance race so I'll send you a friend request so you can send me the car whenever you can.

Thanks a lot ! :)

mopar440
Does anyone have the lotus they can let me borrow for tonight?

What lotus? Isn't the race schedule say the nissian z33, the Alfa Romeo, then the ford SPEC 2 test car?? Or is the lotus being used in a different series?

Worst,

You will have to use the glitch yourself - the car is over $1 million, so it is limited by that for others to help you other than to make it accessible for you to copy yourself.

Hope that made sense.

I will leave my two big $$$ cars on share until about 9:00 pm EST.

I have an Alfa Romeo on Share if that will help.

Also going into Div-1 for practice.

I've got tonight's lineup on share for anyone that want's to borrow glitch them.

They'll be on share till around 9:10 Eastern time.

Back