◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
That Skyline is a strange, strange car. I'm glad it's sticking around though. I'm finally figuring out what it takes to get it to go fast.
Yes, yes it is.

Same turn...
Ease into the throttle in 2nd gear? Massive understeer
Mash into the throttle in 2nd gear? Massive understeer
Ease into the throttle in 3rd gear? Massive understeer
Mash into the throttle in 3rd gear? Bingo, car turns and you don't even need the whole track.

I can't find consistency with it because sometimes the car turns, and sometimes it just doesn't. I've managed to see a few 1:59s but no way I'm going to get to 1:58 or 1:57.

Yes, yes it is.

Same turn...
Ease into the throttle in 2nd gear? Massive understeer
Mash into the throttle in 2nd gear? Massive understeer
Ease into the throttle in 3rd gear? Massive understeer
Mash into the throttle in 3rd gear? Bingo, car turns and you don't even need the whole track.

I can't find consistency with it because sometimes the car turns, and sometimes it just doesn't. I've managed to see a few 1:59s but no way I'm going to get to 1:58 or 1:57.

What is everyone typically shifting at, i was still going close to redline 90% of the time. It didn't seem to effect my times negatively, but i am typically high 1:59's/low 2:00's

Ya unless you don't login everyday and don't have redbull unlocked I'm gonna have a lot of fun and trouble to finish nA and IA and karts and then race some redbull to get credits at least I don't have to worry about the credit increase till next season
I'm just curious, how is it you expected to keep affording cars? The winnings you make on any given sunday probably won't finance the next weeks cars, so how did you plan on buying them? What I'm getting at, is that you're going to have to play the game to earn credits anyway.

What is everyone typically shifting at, i was still going close to redline 90% of the time. It didn't seem to effect my times negatively, but i am typically high 1:59's/low 2:00's
I couldn't hit those times until I started shifting at 8k. You would think redline would be ideal in a race car but did you see Wolf rocket past everyone at the start of each race? He was shifting super early and passed like 2 cars before turn 1.

I'm just curious, how is it you expected to keep affording cars? The winnings you make on any given sunday probably won't finance the next weeks cars, so how did you plan on buying them? What I'm getting at, is that you're going to have to play the game to earn credits anyway.
I played "the game" last night only because I got booted from the lobby due to scheduled maintenance. I knocked off a few more a-spec events and earned about 100k credits. I bought the game for online racing so running events againts the A.I. seems like chores. It would be nice if the rewards for online races were a little higher.

seems the gtr is finally being figured out huh. right now I cn maintain 57s around the track. ive decided to take neo on his advice and Im not trying to push the car so much jus to see if I can gain another tenth when consistency matters more. Ive decided to take my time and to find my rhythm and hit lap after lap. Overall its much better. I can feel the flow it brings and cumulatively its much faster honestly. much less mistakes are being made and im much more fluid now. this is only a few hours of practicing this method as I prefer following my instincts when I drive. But its bearing fruit. Im starting to feel like my style is changing and evolving more in terms of understanding the flow of the course and discovering multiple lines that compete with other lines. I still follow my instincts don't get me wrong but im starting to learn a more stalk and attack approach as a part of it as well as im learning patience which is difficult for me. Id like to thank neo for the awesome words of advice I hope this truly does improve me overall

I played "the game" last night only because I got booted from the lobby due to scheduled maintenance. I knocked off a few more a-spec events and earned about 100k credits. I bought the game for online racing so running events againts the A.I. seems like chores. It would be nice if the rewards for online races were a little higher.

I always thought online lobbies should be able to set a prize amount, in S.N.A.I.L's case maybe based on a pot payed in by the racers.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 23, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

1. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 94 (83.46 for Prize C)
  2. dangerzone641 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. PA98MA99 ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 2

1. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 79 (77.49 for prize purposes only)
  2. vincentq4 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. BC_BOYZZ ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. robotyler --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  14. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 3

1. Klutch-D ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (81.94 for prize purposes only)
  2. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. chuyler1 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. zstovall ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. MerlinRPM --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Troggeh ----------- did not submit a vote
  9. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. kcheeb ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 4

1. jones3619 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (74.75 for prize purposes only)
  2. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dpinho1975 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5

1. Voodoovaj --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 88 (81.91 for prize purposes only)
  2. AMomcilo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. rankings18b ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Vinnybear-O1 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 6

1. TEXAS_DES1GNER ---- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (80.79 for prize purposes only)
  2. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Pifachu ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. race_emhard ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Monarchydesign ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DigiImprov -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Ogg_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 7

1. goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (86.95 for Prize A)
  2. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. covan2306 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dcallnight -------- did not submit a vote
  7. robertomglolz ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. RebelYeller73 ----- did not submit a vote
  9. shredderman11 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. ChaddingtonB ------ did not submit a vote
  12. VitorMattos ------- did not submit a vote
Division 8

1. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 88 (86.52 for Prize B)
  2. Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. speer9892007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. KylarOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Joe_DiBen --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. elsbury2 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. THE_GUMSLINGER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Rolly21581 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Orobouros --------- did not submit a vote
  12. autoximpreza ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. PICHON617 --------- did not submit a vote
  14. Wackedboy --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
West Coast

1. Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. ndrk1088 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. VrapPlus ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. RevStar-9 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. basswerks1 -------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) at Fuji Speedway GT (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @goofytyler wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01 (Racing Hard tires) at Silverstone International Circuit (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @KTR5 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @dgaf95integra so he gets the tie-breaking vote if the elimination votes results in a tie (the prize winners' elimination votes are not counted under normal circumstances).

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.
4th place! Not too bad for my first go-round! thanks D2 for the insanely close racing! Unfortunately I won't make this weeks race :(

I played "the game" last night only because I got booted from the lobby due to scheduled maintenance. I knocked off a few more a-spec events and earned about 100k credits. I bought the game for online racing so running events against the A.I. seems like chores. It would be nice if the rewards for online races were a little higher.
Thats why I ended up glitching. I haven't completed anything beyond iB. I bought the game with the sole intention of only racing online. I was bummed at first seeing how small the payout where and seeing them selling credit packs. But, well, the way of the road Bubbs. If I had not the opportunity to glitch, then I would probably have beaten the game to be honest. However, I don't feel I have lost anything in that sense. I bought the game only for online and the track creator. Which is where I feel I am losing. Anything after that though, is bonus in my opinion.

I have reviewed all 43, or whatever the actual number will end up being, reported incidents. I have a few things to say to the group as a whole.

1. Do whatever you need to do to stabilize your internet connection. This does not include pointing fingers at anyone else including PD. Reset you router/modem before racing. Clear your in game cache before racing each night. If you are running a wireless connection, buy some Cat5e cable and wire it up. If you don't have at least 1.0 mb upload speed, you might want to find a different hobby or upgrade your ISP if you have been told you are lagging. You have to send information to everyone else in the room with you and if you don't have sufficient bandwidth to do so, you are affecting everyone else. Find out where your room host is located and check your ping to their area. If you are too much over 100ms, get in touch with your ISP and find out what the problem is. If you are 5000 miles away from your host and are having issues, nevermind, I won't start on what I think we should do with those racers.

2. If the racing view you are using does not allow you to see the corners of your car, and you don't know where they are, find a different view to use while racing or leave a lot more room to allow for you not knowing where your car's corners are located.

3. Stay on the track and learn how to come back on to the track if you leave it!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not stress this one enough. There are track boundaries for a reason. It is to ensure that everyone is racing the same track. When you leave those boundaries to carry more speed or to travel less distance, you are cheating. Going back to #2, if you don't know where your car's corners are, find a different view or a less aggressive line. Once you are off the track for any reason, you can't come back on until you can do so without affecting any other driver in any way. If this means you have to sit in the grass and wait for 13 cars to go by then that is what you have to do.

Last edited:
All great tips. With regards to placing your own vehicle on the track, knowing whether the gap is big enough, or guessing whether your car will keep understeering into the grass I'd like to bring up a quote from a great movie that most of you should know.

When in doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you.

If you stay on someone's bumper long enough the opportunity will present itself and there will be no doubt that you can get by. If you can't stay on their bumper long enough, well, you don't deserve to pass them.

Also if your using Bumper cam the the outer edge of your gauges is your front tire!

That's a good way to gauge it in general but the width is different on each car and you will need to find the exact position where your tires are in relation to the gauges. Not that hard really.. Just drive up to a curb and you should know when your wheel hits it..

1. Do whatever you need to do to stabilize your internet connection. This does not include pointing fingers at anyone else including PD. Reset you router/modem before racing. Clear your in game cache before racing each night. If you are running a wireless connection, buy some Cat5e cable and wire it up. If you don't have at least 1.0 mb upload speed, you might want to find a different hobby if you have been told you are lagging. You have to send information to everyone else in the room with you and if you don't have sufficient bandwidth to do so, you are affecting everyone else. Find out where your room host is located and check your ping to their area. If you are too much over 100ms, get in touch with your ISP and find out what the problem is. If you are 5000 miles away from your host, nevermind, I won't start on what I think we should do with those racers.

Does a wired/wireless connection make a difference if the PS3 it literally right below my router/modem? I recently wired it up but I don't see a noticeable difference. Shrug.

Just tested this too. I've never had problems with lag or people complaining about lag. I've even tested it on the AT&T site (second one) and the results are slightly better in terms of upload. I'm actually very curious now Bowler. Any thoughts on this? Very good write up by the way. :)

3332041281.png
speedtest_zpse2ae3992.png

Also if your using Bumper cam the the outer edge of your gauges is your front tire!

That's nice, but then what is used to show the driver where their bumper is because it's not where they are looking. "Bumper Cam" is not at bumper level or bumper height. Many have tested it and it is shown to vary slightly from car to car and is located at driver's eye height, give or take a little, in the center of the car side to side and near the drivers position front to back.

To @DriftinAssassin , If you're under 1.0 upload, it can cause problems but it isn't automatic. The more people in the room, the more information you have to be able to send. If you normally get 1.0 and there is something using your connection at that moment, they you could start to see issues. Without looking up the guy that did the work to show what GT really used, I think the upload was something like .70 for a race with 12 drivers. You can see how that would push a connection running at 1.0 if it wasn't running at it's max for any reason.

The main problem with wireless is packet loss or other interference and not speed of data transfer.

By the way, 193 ms ping to less than 50 miles away would have me calling my ISP and yelling at them to fix it yesterday.

Last edited:
To @DriftinAssassin , If you're under 1.0 upload, it can cause problems but it isn't automatic. The more people in the room, the more information you have to be able to send. If you normally get 1.0 and there is something using your connection at that moment, they you could start to see issues. Without looking up the guy that did the work to show what GT really used, I think the upload was something like .70 for a race with 12 drivers. You can see how that would push a connection running at 1.0 if it wasn't running at it's max for any reason.

The main problem with wireless is packet loss or other interference and not speed of data transfer.

By the way, 193 ms ping to less than 50 miles away would have me calling my ISP and yelling at them to fix it yesterday.

Very educational. :D To the bolded part, I think I'll get working on it ASAP...

That's some funny stuff. My kids will be all over that. Anyway, over 2 hours of watching replays only got me through 2 divisions :eek:.

It took me the better part of five hours to get through them all and that doesn't include getting them from the computer to the PS3. I did that last night. I took a couple of breaks but it was still a long and drawn out process.

I was having connection issues. Well not on my screen. However some others said I was lagging.

I found that odd. My ping and speeds are really decent with an A Ping rating.

Now I'm on a proper SIM with proper servers. Connection issues are not ever an issue. Across the pond pulling 90ms ping with. 99-100 rating.

It's PD or someon else taxing me. Eitherway. Ain't my problem anymore.

So my point is. Someone with a known quality connection is having issues on GT6 only. Then it's obvious where the issues lies. Not on the use as Bowler posts seems to come across like.

I was having connection issues. Well not on my screen. However some others said I was lagging.

I found that odd. My ping and speeds are really decent with an A Ping rating.

Now I'm on a proper SIM with proper servers. Connection issues are not ever an issue. Across the pond pulling 90ms ping with. 99-100 rating.

It's PD or someon else taxing me. Eitherway. Ain't my problem anymore.

So my point is. Someone with a known quality connection is having issues on GT6 only. Then it's obvious where the issues lies. Not on the use as Bowler posts seems to come across like.

The way GT is set up, it only takes one bad connection in the room to create problems for anyone or everyone because that person is connected to everyone else in the room. It's not the most ideal way of doing things but you get what you pay for and since online access is free, this is what we get.

If you are 5000 miles away from your host, nevermind, I won't start on what I think we should do with those racers.

Wow, after this one I'm pretty sure of what I should do.
I would like to be removed from drivers list.

Thank you all S.N.A.I.L. It's been great racing with some of you.

I missed Sunday's race's so i'm in here trying to figure out the Nissan GT-R Skyline if anyone wants to join and give me a few pointers...

ROOM ID: 1472-6681-3329-8086-6039

Latest Posts

Back