◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Nice racing D5, I love this division! Nice win Voodoo:tup:, and D5 replays are uploaded, but I didn't save the one for round 3 race 1.:dunce: If someone could upload it that would be great.
Nice first night to 2 new guys monkey wrench and grandpas money, good racing!
Yes, another good sunday for D5
Some close battles with you Goat ;)

The first combo was very special for me, not for the track but for the car.
That was the car I used in the first race in this league almost one year ago. Curiosly, tonight I spent most of the time chasing Skills just as that race :D

We will see. I don't know exactly how the points work. You know better than I. All I know is either way you had an awesome night in my eyes. Heck, you had an awesome month! Your just a dang good driver.

Thanks. However, I don't think I was quite awesome enough to take the overall title. If combo 2, race 1 hadn't been a disaster at the beginning, it might have been different, but it wasn't and that's mostly my fault. :)

Thank you guys in D2 for the great racing we had share in the good and the bad ( its part of racing ):cheers:. In the West Cost Division it was great too and I gotta say I see some future divisions there and just need good recruitment :scared:Have a nice week guys!!!!:gtpflag::gtplanet:👍👍👍

Replays from WC are currently uploading....and we all agreed that Neo needs to skip the first race to make the overall points night close or use comfort hard tyres for the whole night to make it fair on the rest of us :P

Tonight racing in D7 was horrible had the same person from last weekk race and lagged all over the place crashing people again, now before the race I was telling everyone to be racing as CLEAN as they could due to the fact that 4 racers are in the running to win the D7 championship for this season but all that went out the window when the lagging from the same person happened again. Every race I was wrecked and ruined D7 night for me. As for championship standing wise I don't know who won but I will be putting in scores and data tomorrow. As for who wins D7 even if I won it will be only be a stat to me because I didn't race hard to earn it, so I may not even reckonize it as a championship win.

For the West Coast division I had some awesome battle and it was fun in the last round to as I ran my PB of a 2:01.XXX on the last lap of race 1 which I thought it was funny, but overall had a great time hanging out with the West Coast division and I hope to see you guys next week. Great race you guys.

@Neovre I'm guessing that your the one getting these lap times, @martin20az was only able to get low 24s and he crushed us. I'm glad your only able to run West Coast lol

I had no idea.... first lap was a 25.007 and I was all over the place, might even be an invalid lap, second lap I was so tidy it didn't feel quick but a few reference speeds I take in the middle of some long turns showed a few mph quicker. There were a few slight corrections I had to make with the steering wheel therefore I didn't think it was anything too good. first split was something I usually see, second split was over a second quicker, I though I might've misread the time but coming out of the final chicane, wheel straightened, the clock was at 2:19 I thought it was just gonna be a low 24 and then I almost had a heart attack when I crossed the line with the 1:23.790.

D4 had another amazing night as everyone noticed a great evolution in terms of speed and Consistency from people like DPinho, Evo and DoublePass that just brought even more competition to this division.
There was a really sad issue as AG struggled to join the room and simply couldn't make it due to the usual PD/SONY/PSN on line service Bull! I hope things turn out better for you next time AG as without you this Division loses a lot of fun.
The second and last issue happened to LFarris on the very last race where he got discoed. Everything else was smooth and I haven't noticed any lag at all.
One last word to my dear friend from almost 3 years now, Chatva. When you told me you were going to race without ABS, I instantly thought... "hmmm bad idea" but I thought that you have practiced and you knew what you were doing budz... Guess not. But now I'll make your words mine, Chat... "never give up".
I'm done with Sundays.

Last edited:
I'm done.
Lol, awe, don't give up on it that fast! It takes some time getting used to getting on the brakes in the heat of it all and not lock up the tire. You should come out Wednesday night and practice there.

@speer9892003

Championship points for the month are your best 3 scores out of four. Race three times, and that is your total. Race all four and you can throw out your worst score. Figuring out what you 'need' to beat one guy is not bad, but if you try to figure it out for three or four, it can get a tiny bit complicated.

@tevesh2 and @goofytyler
It looks like D7 has votes in Directors Docs but no finishing positions. Gotta have that data before we can begin preliminary results by @zer05ive after work sometime.

Last edited:
@speer9892003

Championship points for the month are your best 3 scores out of four. Race three times, and that is your total. Race all four and you can throw out your worst score. Figuring out what you 'need' to beat one guy is not bad, but if you try to figure it out for three or four, it can get a tiny bit complicated.

Yes it can. I think @speer9892003 won the D8 title by 1 point over me.

some old pics

Attachments

• Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg
    Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7
Racing in real life isn't always about having the fastest car or the fastest lap. So much goes into good race craft and having a team behind you. Last night my team failed. They left me on the starting grid with the crowds cheering while everyone else took off into turn 1 (aka black screen of death). It took about 7 seconds to get her started and I did my best to chase down the pack. I could kick and scream at my PD teammates but in the end, that's racing. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to some close racing at Spa. I passed a few cars during that race, but they all appeared to have been suffering similar catastrophes.

After that, the next two races were spectacular! Lots of wheel to wheel action! GP/F with the GTR is actually turning out to be a great combo. Slower drivers make it really hard for faster drivers to pass...and you really have to earn every pass by following closely through every turn to be in a position to set up for the pass.

To whoever messed with the Directors Document Scoring Summary, let's see if you can go back and fix it now.

I don't know how long it's going to take to me to recover the damage that was done. At the earliest, some time this evening.

It was obvious to me that any cells in gray SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED, but maybe that's just me.

I still can't believe this happened. I won the pole for the first race (my first since getting the wheel). Then, the race starts, and all the other cars are invisible! I've never seen that happen before. Obviously I couldn't risk running the race not seeing anyone, so I backed out. After that, I was in no mood to come back.

Where is the directors doc for future reference? I did not know where to find the qualifying duration last night.

It is the rough draft/working copy of the Results doc. Because it is nowhere near proofed, I do not think it is linked anywhere. It can be 'messy' - usually one or more director/scorekeeper/drivers accidentally smudges @kcheeb data monument and it gets polished and checked before publication.

Qualifying was 6/6/8 minutes, by round. Maybe @zer05ive can put that in

I did want to say besides @racefan78 having a crappy start to his evening, everything went pretty smoothly in D2.

The only hiccup was just after 9:30 when I was ready to start the qualifying, @Drgreenthumb977 finally sends his friend request. So we all had to back out of the room and I had to go back to the XMB and restart the room so he could get in. We all get back in and ready to start again when @Xradkins sends his friend request. By then we are running late and we just can't restart the room all over again.

I sent a message in the D2 conversation much earlier in the day letting everyone know that I was hosting and @nmcp1 mentioned it last week in the room as well so everyone knew about it.

Sorry xrad but we just couldn't all back out again and delay it another 10 mins. I couldn't message you back because we were qualifying.

Looks like @nmcp1 showed that being a director takes it's toll on driving results by having a pretty good night. I, on the other hand, always do rather poorly so it didn't hurt or help me in any way whatsoever by being host ;)

It is the rough draft/working copy of the Results doc. Because it is nowhere near proofed, I do not think it is linked anywhere. It can be 'messy' - usually one or more director/scorekeeper/drivers accidentally smudges @kcheeb data monument and it gets polished and checked before publication.

Qualifying was 6/6/8 minutes, by round. Maybe @zer05ive can put that in
Yeah Dabney and Bowler were there to look it up for me but I spend a little time trying to find it somewhere. The D2 conversation lists qualifying LAP numbers in relation to race length but that doesn't help any.

To whoever messed with the Directors Document Scoring Summary, let's see if you can go back and fix it now.

I don't know how long it's going to take to me to recover the damage that was done. At the earliest, some time this evening.

It was obvious to me that any cells in gray SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED, but maybe that's just me.

I don't know who did it or what happened, but I noticed it during right after our final race when I went to check the scoring summary tab. It's a complete mess for sure.

Back