◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
To whoever messed with the Directors Document Scoring Summary, let's see if you can go back and fix it now.

I don't know how long it's going to take to me to recover the damage that was done. At the earliest, some time this evening.

It was obvious to me that any cells in gray SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED, but maybe that's just me.
You should be able to check the edit history of the document and give that person some "retraining", no? At least, that's how it works with Google Docs I am the "owner" of. Also (you shouldn't have to do this because people shouldn't mess with gray cells), you can lock down individual cells/rows/columns so that they are unable to be edited while keeping the rest of the cells editable. Although I'm sure you thought of this already so there's probably some other reason why it's not done that way.

This is a little helper post for those who worried about getting credits for the car choices. Some people are on very limited schedules, some people at school etc.
The way I make my credits is to run "Red bull X2014 Standard Championship: Race1", with a full login bonus(200%) the prize money is 260,000. Each race takes approx. 4minutes. Just over 1million every 20minutes
I cheat, I cut corners in 2 sections to eliminate any form of race, as I am doing this soley for credits.
QvmP0Z9.jpg

I cut both the tight turns at "Arena" and also use the emergency lane at Vale. Though I do not usually condone cheating at all, I feelthe grind for credits on this game is an annoyance. I also think the AI that the Red Bull X2014 STD drivers use is bad, the amount of time I have randomly been T-boned at 200mph makes the above race circuit change much better for my money making.

Last edited:
Racing in real life isn't always about having the fastest car or the fastest lap. So much goes into good race craft and having a team behind you. Last night my team failed. They left me on the starting grid with the crowds cheering while everyone else took off into turn 1 (aka black screen of death). It took about 7 seconds to get her started and I did my best to chase down the pack. I could kick and scream at my PD teammates but in the end, that's racing. It's a shame, because I was looking forward to some close racing at Spa. I passed a few cars during that race, but they all appeared to have been suffering similar catastrophes.

After that, the next two races were spectacular! Lots of wheel to wheel action! GP/F with the GTR is actually turning out to be a great combo. Slower drivers make it really hard for faster drivers to pass...and you really have to earn every pass by following closely through every turn to be in a position to set up for the pass.

This "black screen of death" sounds to me like a load time issue. In which case you should get ready to replace your laser in your PS3. Once you start having trouble getting the game started you will have ~month to replace it. Depending on how much you use your PS3.
A good test for it is to go to the dealership and go to say honda, someone with a lot of pages, and scroll to the end as fast as you can. If the thumbnails don't pop right up when you stop, then the laser is your culprit.

This "black screen of death" sounds to me like a load time issue. In which case you should get ready to replace your laser in your PS3. Once you start having trouble getting the game started you will have ~month to replace it. Depending on how much you use your PS3.
A good test for it is to go to the dealership and go to say honda, someone with a lot of pages, and scroll to the end as fast as you can. If the thumbnails don't pop right up when you stop, then the laser is your culprit.
Interesting... so people with download versions of the game would be OK.

Last night my team failed. They left me on the starting grid with the crowds cheering while everyone else took off into turn 1 (aka black screen of death).

Really?
No mention of how many minutes we waited for you on the grid while you rebooted your router, or how badly you were lagging during the race to the point that your car was just a spinning top floating around the circuit. We didn't even know you started 7 seconds behind the rest of us until after the race. Ask any of the other 10/11 drivers, we waited for at least 7mins for just you.

... and comparing real life racing to PD, sometimes your car breaks down on the grid, sometimes it doesn't even make it to the grid. That's how I compare disconnects in GT5/6, basically mechanical break downs. When I real in real life if my car isn't on the grid in position 2mins before the green flag drops, I don't get to race. They don't care if my car is broken or not. With GT5/6 we have more of a luxury of waiting, but even then there are limits.

Really?
No mention of how many minutes we waited for you on the grid while you rebooted your router, or how badly you were lagging during the race to the point that your car was just a spinning top floating around the circuit. We didn't even know you started 7 seconds behind the rest of us until after the race. Ask any of the other 10/11 drivers, we waited for at least 7mins for just you.

... and comparing real life racing to PD, sometimes your car breaks down on the grid, sometimes it doesn't even make it to the grid. That's how I compare disconnects in GT5/6, basically mechanical break downs. When I real in real life if my car isn't on the grid in position 2mins before the green flag drops, I don't get to race. They don't care if my car is broken or not. With GT5/6 we have more of a luxury of waiting, but even then there are limits.

I think by "his team" he was not meaning his fellow racers, but merely his imaginary race team who refill his gas from the upside down sippy cup.

I have the digital version of GT6 I have never got the black screen of death. The digital froze up on me a few times during the 1st few days. I haven't had an issue to date besides the lag that happens from PD servers. Let's not forget that GT5 is on the same servers hopefully when GT5 goes dead in May it will fix a lot of lag issues.

Should be, yes. I've never witnessed a HD failure in a PS3, so I can't say for sure how that would act. But I would predict it to be more of a sudden switch, with no warning of imminent failure.

How does One replace the Laser in the PS3? Please keep the answer in common English and light on the Tech buzz words.

I think by "his team" he was not meaning his fellow racers, but merely his imaginary race team who refill his gas from the upside down sippy cup.

My bad..... sorry I don't think as the NPCs as teammates ;)
Sorry Chuyler1, I miss interpreted your comment.
In my defense I went to bed at 2am (AST) and was up at 5:30am.... caffeine can only do so much :nervous:

However I do have some interesting footage:
Pay special attention to the top of the screen at 1:20 where you can just barely see him going into Pouhon at Mach 2, in reverse.

Quite a driving feat!

(My apologies for the poor video quality, but I don't own a capture card so my cellphone had to do).

Last edited:
Pay special attention to the top of the screen at 1:20 where you can just barely see him going into Pouhon at Mach 2, in reverse.

Quite a driving feat!

(My apologies for the poor video quality, but I don't own a capture card so my cellphone had to do).
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Wow that's the craziest lag I've ever seen... I needed a good laugh! (sorry its at the expense of @chuyler1 though!)

In my defense I went to bed at 2am (AST) and was up at 5:30am.... caffeine can only do so much :nervous:

Quite a driving feat!

That was some serious stunt driving!

Quite a driving feat!

We had a racer like this in our division, I believe on his screen he sees a nice clean normal race, caused some issues 2 weeks running.

Decent guide for the fats, youtube also has a how to on just about every generation.

Just when you go to buy the laser, make absolutely sure you get the right one. They have dozens of lasers in the different generations of PS3's. You can get your model number off the box or on the back of your PS3. You must buy the exact laser for that model number. $8-$40 depending on the generation you have, or up to $100 if you replace the whole track with it (not necessary in most cases).

I'm loving D5, but I'm curious that I don't see many posts for that group.

Odd lag issues in the last race of the night (I'm assuming lag). I hit the brakes in one corner and got nothing all of a sudden...no tires screeching...nothing. Wierd.
Us D5ers are here. We just got nothin' to say.

I doubt that's the issue. Everyone had black screen for a while and then the race was totally effed up.

Quite a driving feat!

LOL that is hilarious! Yeah, good thing I started 7 seconds back. Oh and yes, by team I was speaking about the imaginary pit crew supplied to me by PD and the little elves that live inside my router and package up cookies and packets. Thank you so much for at least waiting for me to join back in to attempt to race.

...BTW, I seem to be having an issue where none of my friend's lobbies show up. I can't figure out the magic incantation to resolve it. Perhaps I'm loading the game too quickly after logging into my PS3? I have no trouble finding public rooms, its just when I click show friends lobbies none of them appear.

Quite a driving feat!

With driving like that, you could expect a call to be a tire tester for Goodyear. "Extreme driving conditions" approved.

Back