◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
@jobyone What is your idea of a good combo?

5 Gran Turismo 350Z RS (Sports Soft tires) Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (8 laps)
5 Lotus Elise RM '96 (Sports Soft tires) Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (4 laps)
4 Acura NSX RM '91 (Racing Hard tires) Twin Ring Motegi East Course (7 laps)
4 Honda S2000 '06 (Sport Soft) Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (7 Laps)
4 Lotus Elise RM '96 (Racing Hard tires) Circuito de Madrid (7 laps)
4 Lotus Elise RM '96 (Racing Hard tires) Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse (5 laps)
4 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 Road Course - Indy
4 Nissan Silvia SPEC-R Aero (S15) RM '02 (Sports Soft tires) Nürburgring GP/F (5 laps)
4 Renaultsport Clio V6 24V '00 (Sports Hard tires) Grand Valley East (8 laps)
3 Acura NSX RM '91 (Racing Hard tires) Nürburgring GP/D (7 laps)
3 Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 (Racing Hard tires) Nürburgring GP/F (5 laps)
3 Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (Racing Medium) Road Course - Daytona (5 laps)
3 Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (Sports Soft tires) Grand Valley East (9 laps)
3 Amuse S2000 R1 '04 (Sports Medium tires) Nürburgring GP/F (5 laps)
3 Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 (Racing Hard tires) Fuji Speedway GT (7 laps)
3 Lotus Elise RM '96 (Racing Hard tires) Autumn Ring / Reverse (7 laps)
3 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (Sports Medium tires) Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)
3 Mazda RX-7 TC (Racing Hard tires) Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (6 laps)
3 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (Sports Medium tires) Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (5 laps)
3 Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11 (Racing Hard tires) Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (4 laps)
3 Scion FR-S '12 (Sports Hard tires) Tsukuba Circuit (9 laps)

Personally, I think the car should have enough grip to handle the power (SH tires on a C7 Corvette for instance) and the track to have a variety of corners that provide opportunity for drivers to go for an overtake.

I think it's more up to us as drivers to provide the racing, the cars are our weapons and the track is our battlefield.
I agree about grip/power ratio is important. But so is having a track that allows for passing.

I think Ascari might work with the Toyota S2000 or Lotus Elan (or something similar) as I said earlier so I am not just complaining I am trying to make suggestions.

The problem with saying it is up to the driver is that implies that only the better drivers will get much out of it. I want combos that the majority (not everyone) likes. Choosing a one and done (even if intentionally) should be a wake up call that maybe your pic was not a good one. I have picked a one and done before and I will endeavor to never let that happen again nor thrust my wants on the whole league. But that is just my opinion.

My set up is a G27 mounted on a Wheel Stand Pro and very comfy office chair that rocks back and forward (which I use to simulate the Gs, :dopey: JK)
I found myself leaning hard to the left in my chair around the 270 degree left hander with the Red Bull. Every lap. Even though I don't do it any other time, and even though I knew it was coming each time. :lol:

D-7 Photos
I was playing with the focal length for most of these. Didn't realize i took so many pics when i stopped. As always constructive criticism is appreciated.

D-7 Drivers featured: @Rockhound18 @KTR5 @wvhellbilly @Piler @rob1nh000d @singlepaddy @racingchamp30 @speer9892003 @Sharkb8ii @Tstockrahm @dcallnight @robertomglolz @BayouSimDrifter

Combo 1
Ascari Full Track_2.jpg
Ascari Full Track_3.jpg
Ascari Full Track_4.jpg
Ascari Full Track_5.jpg
Ascari Full Track_6.jpg
Ascari Full Track_7.jpg
Ascari Full Track_8.jpg
Ascari Full Track_9.jpg

Combo 2
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

Combo 3
Autumn Ring.jpg
Autumn Ring_1.jpg
Autumn Ring_2.jpg
Autumn Ring_3.jpg
Autumn Ring_4.jpg

Sorry for the mess guys! Today's prize confusion was completely my fault. I guess that's what happens when you pass out on the couch and they wake up and try to work on the results post while still half asleep. I've tried to skim the thread quickly, but I've got to run to dinner reservations for my wife's birthday. Here's what needs to happen to get this situation fixed..

@fizzer you're not supposed to wait for @Rockhound18 to decide what he wants to do with Prize C. You won Prize B so you get to decide if you're going to steal Prize C from him of if you're just going to keep Prize B. Therefore, please post your intentions.

If you decide to keep Prize B, they we'll stick with @Rockhound18's Prize C decision to keep Ascari. However, since you've already won Prize B this season, you don't get to make the decision on your own. Everyone who raced in D1 on Sunday night needs to make a Prize B suggestion. Once all the suggestions have been made (let's give them 24 hours), then you have to pick on of their suggestions.

Hopefully this is clear, but as I said I have to run. Fortunately there are lots of seasoned SNAILs (Escargot?) who know how this all works and can help get the process going. Again, sorry for the mess, but let's try to get this sorted out now.

Since we don't have new combos yet and for those that liked the the Ascari combo.... anyone up to race a few rounds at Ascari and Spa?

Will be available at around 9:15 EST... or in a little more than 1 hour.

some of the toys at Ascari

6510175445_5cf9db9a00_b.jpeg

17_Garaje-Ascari-Race-Resort.jpg

@Azure Flare
Jacky-Ickx-driving-a-Porsche-936-Spyder-1977-at-the-Ascari-Race-Resort-2012-for-the-Chopard-Superfast-launch.jpg

For the Kart fans... these looks promising as well
attraction.ascari-race-resort-06637.jpg

Last edited:
Since we don't have new combos yet and for those that liked the the Ascari combo.... anyone up to race a few rounds at Ascari and Spa?

Will be available at around 9:15 EST... or in a little more than 1 hour.

I'm down. Hate Ascari but I love Spa. Be on in a few.

Told you guys when we were voting on the "freeze play" it was going to be confusing.

Sorry for the mess guys! Today's prize confusion was completely my fault. I guess that's what happens when you pass out on the couch and they wake up and try to work on the results post while still half asleep. I've tried to skim the thread quickly, but I've got to run to dinner reservations for my wife's birthday. Here's what needs to happen to get this situation fixed..

@fizzer you're not supposed to wait for @Rockhound18 to decide what he wants to do with Prize C. You won Prize B so you get to decide if you're going to steal Prize C from him of if you're just going to keep Prize B. Therefore, please post your intentions.

If you decide to keep Prize B, they we'll stick with @Rockhound18's Prize C decision to keep Ascari. However, since you've already won Prize B this season, you don't get to make the decision on your own. Everyone who raced in D1 on Sunday night needs to make a Prize B suggestion. Once all the suggestions have been made (let's give them 24 hours), then you have to pick on of their suggestions.

Hopefully this is clear, but as I said I have to run. Fortunately there are lots of seasoned SNAILs (Escargot?) who know how this all works and can help get the process going. Again, sorry for the mess, but let's try to get this sorted out now.

Okeydokie, I'll keep prize B then and wait for D1 suggestions.

You should update post #1 with the whole can't win a prize multiple times rule though. Any other rule modifications made along the way too. Might be old news for many, but lots of new racers recently, best to be upfront about the rules.

Doesn't really bother me, but I did spend a lot of time today testing cars that could have potentially been spent better elsewhere ;)

Okeydokie, I'll keep prize B then and wait for D1 suggestions.

You should update post #1 with the whole can't win a prize multiple times rule though. Any other rule modifications made along the way too. Might be old news for many, but lots of new racers recently, best to be upfront about the rules.

Doesn't really bother me, but I did spend a lot of time today testing cars that could have potentially been spent better elsewhere ;)

Can you share what cars you tested?

Can you share what cars you tested?

Sure, in no particular order, they were:
Suzuki GSX-R/4
MG TF160
Honda Civic type R (EK)
BMW 320i Touring car
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
SEAT ibiza Cupra
Lancia Delta HF
Jaguar E-type '61
Shelby GT350' 65
Mazda RX500
Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si '87
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car
VW Scirocco GT24' 08

I think that's about it ;)

Uh oh, this don't look good...
IMG_20140318_193727598.jpg
IMG_20140318_194048694.jpg
IMG_20140318_194059878.jpg
Pretty sure that is what happens when a bearing fails in one of the idler pulleys on a 2.5l DOHC Scooby engine. That sure does put a kink in things...

Suzuki GSX-R/4
MG TF160
Honda Civic type R (EK)
BMW 320i Touring car
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
SEAT ibiza Cupra
Lancia Delta HF
Jaguar E-type '61
Shelby GT350' 65
Mazda RX500
VW Scirocco GT24' 08

I know @BayouSimDrifter would approve of the Civic EK.

How about the current Snail spec enduro car?It would be a good way to promote the enduro. :sly:
Yes,I quoted myself.
Just my two cents, but that would be the third rx7 we have raced in my three months in snail.

Not complaining, just a piece of my mind.

Well I had to pull the trigger on the AllenBerg racing
I'm signed up for the Fast track program 700$
Which gets you one on one Instructor
Two 25min sessions in the car and full on board
Data logger with real time data for instructor
On board gopro footage, I'm trying to get as much
Seat time in before GT Academy rolls around

Suzuki GSX-R/4
MG TF160
Honda Civic type R (EK)
BMW 320i Touring car
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
SEAT ibiza Cupra
Lancia Delta HF
Jaguar E-type '61
Shelby GT350' 65
Mazda RX500
VW Scirocco GT24' 08

I think one of the Hondas should be pretty sweet... Maybe the DC5 touring?

Naturally I'd vote for the 320i touring car but in this case, I want a FWD for a change since we have been doing so many RWDs lately, and GT6 is supposedly to have better physics for FWD than GT5 I believe. The VW GT24 sounds delicious too..

Suzuki GSX-R/4
MG TF160
Honda Civic type R (EK)
BMW 320i Touring car
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
SEAT ibiza Cupra
Lancia Delta HF
Jaguar E-type '61
Shelby GT350' 65
Mazda RX500
VW Scirocco GT24' 08

I like the look of that Jag! Nice and narrow and good for Ascari

Suzuki GSX-R/4
MG TF160
Honda Civic type R (EK)
BMW 320i Touring car
Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
SEAT ibiza Cupra
Lancia Delta HF
Jaguar E-type '61
Shelby GT350' 65
Mazda RX500
VW Scirocco GT24' 08

PRACTICE / TEST ROOM OPENED

1472 6118 3744 3749 0126

Solstice Coupe Concept '02 drives nicely around Ascari.

This was a good fit at Laguna Seca and Ascari seems to be a lot wider.

Alot easier to drive and laps time around 2:20s even faster for Area 51
New Beetle Cup Car '00

Last edited:
MN GTA is going to be tough as all hell for me. I don't even have a car to drive. I wish I did. Im struggling big time with money but to see how others are practicing in real life diligently really makes me nervous for my chances lol, But since I cannot practice on a car ive been practing like an animal on my body. I decided to go back to my athletic birthplace and re train with my master in Muay Thai again to prepare for the GTA. i probably will not be the immediate fastest in the car but i know i can awe the judges will my athleticism and my blood and guts style. Atleast that is my weapon for now so that is what i will do lol

Back