◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
So, first race on the Blue room had this great finish. @Troggy, you should use it as the banner for this week. :D

14355144102_0f52edfb2c_o.jpg

I lost it by 0.017 :(

S.O.S.

Anyone know of a heat resistant glue I could use to fix the optical encoder wheel on the G27? It cracked again under the heat and pressure of GT A =(

p.s. Does anyone know what kind of lubricant is used for the gears inside the steering wheel?
A friend lent me his which is pretty fresh out of the box and is a lot smoother. I was able to take a few hundredths off my best almost instantly after being able to make finer steering inputs. Thinking I should lube mine up since I have it taken apart already.

Last edited:
S.O.S.

Anyone know of a heat resistant glue I could use to fix the optical encoder wheel on the G27? It cracked again under the heat and pressure of GT A =(

p.s. Does anyone know what kind of lubricant is used for the gears inside the steering wheel?
A friend lent me his which is pretty fresh out of the box and is a lot smoother. I was able to take a few hundredths off my best almost instantly after being able to make finer steering inputs. Thinking I should lube mine up since I have it taken apart already.

My old G27 is a little tired, but still works pretty well. I have a couple other spare wheels, so if you want I'll ship you my 27 for the cost of shipping + $10 if you're interested.

My old G27 is a little tired, but still works pretty well. I have a couple other spare wheels, so if you want I'll ship you my 27 for the cost of shipping + $10 if you're interested.
You can just send it to me. No wheel over here.

Also we need someone that is really good with LMP racecars to join our team to make it four.

Can i join?

@TeamEdge702

You most certainly can join! Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

This is the first time I am doing this, so I hope I am doing it right. It feels a little odd, since I don't want to apologize just to get less points against me, but, I would like to make two excuses and then to really say I believe I was wrong for the way I handle coming back onto the track. I publicly apologize to you, @joe_diben for the careless manner in which I either returned to the track or turned into you, not giving you a lane in which we were going into corners together.

Regarding my excuses, first with all the times I hit you, are we sure that I was actually seeing you on the track? Remember I had to leave the room twice that night due to not seeing other drivers and it was a horrible server night for division 6. My second excuse is that one time I got punted by a driver very hard and was trying my best to recover (I think I might not have gone completely off the track but I seem to remember trying to stay to the off racing line side after getting punted -- also, this may not have been one of the incidents you reported).

Either way, I sincerely apologize and I admit that I have not really put a lot of thought into watching for others when coming back onto the track. I kind of quickly look, and if I feel that I have a chance of getting at least close to speed before being in front of someone, I go for it. This is probably wrong. I know I need a better understanding of where to draw the line. I definitely need to take a longer look at who is behind and close before coming back on. And I remember, at least once, if not twice, I was so frustrated with the handling of the particular car that I did not look at all after going off and coming back on. THIS WAS DEFINITELY WRONG. I am sorry that I could have really ruined your race, and I am glad that it did not end up even worse for you. SORRY. I am glad that you reported the incidents and that this can be a learning experience for me. Sorry, again.

that is a huge margin. We have 2 races finish at 0.011 and one at 0.007 with the Cobra!!!!

I lost the one by 0.011 by not having the proper entry at the Bus Stop and killed my momentum going into the oval.

@Wolfsatz & @TEX36 We need some pics from last night showing both crazy finishes! Awesome stuff last night in the Yellow room.

That would be a good idea honestly because it would encourage and show the D8 drivers how to speed up and find better driving lines also improvement on racecraft.
Also there is a problem, mostly in the lower divisions ,getting people to host and do the scut work. Has any consideration been given to creating a group of full time hosts who still race (you would match hosts with Divisions ability wise) and rotate the jobs between them. The hardest is uploading replays which really is easy ...but only if you get someone to walk you through it...the current video is poor in quality and I finally gave up ( and I'm no dummy...I think :dunce:) and DW actually talked me through it. Case in point,my upward vector in SNAIL is just about done...I have no aspirations to winning the ROC (but I want to be in it again :bowdown:) I'm a perfect candidate for data and replay monger...and I wouldassume there are more. Also if these semi permanent "Coach/Hosts" were,say, One level better than the division they could act as mentor not just sheep herder IMHO.

Joe likes this because it might mean I won't be constantly in his mirrors...oops I forgot... he follows Black Jack Brabham's advice. "Just flip the bloody things down" LOL !!!!!

;)

Last edited:
As this will be my first exposure to the ROC tonight ( didn't even know it existed till the other day!)and there will be two div8 racers on the front row, me being one of them, I'm hoping the guys behind us will have a bit more patience with us. I found starting from the pole last week at Laguna for example, entering turn one was completely different because of the lower speed and I braked way to early trying to be cautious. There is a higher chance of making a mistake with the pressure of all the more experienced guys behind. But I will still try and hold my line and not move about. Just hope the experienced guys behind us to remember what it was like the first time!!
But, I'm not going to just get out of your way without a fight :)

As this will be my first exposure to the ROC tonight ( didn't even know it existed till the other day!)and there will be two div8 racers on the front row, me being one of them, I'm hoping the guys behind us will have a bit more patience with us. I found starting from the pole last week at Laguna for example, entering turn one was completely different because of the lower speed and I braked way to early trying to be cautious. There is a higher chance of making a mistake with the pressure of all the more experienced guys behind. But I will still try and hold my line and not move about. Just hope the experienced guys behind us to remember what it was like the first time!!
But, I'm not going to just get out of your way without a fight :)
Not to worry I was in the same position last race...they may be faster but they still drive with courtesy (most of the time :P). Last month not one scratch on my car. Enjoy it...as the children would have said....ITS WAY COOL.

Not to worry I was in the same position last race...they may be faster but they still drive with courtesy (most of the time :P). Last month not one scratch on my car. Enjoy it...as the children would have said....ITS WAY COOL.

@aerolite just remember that the racers behind you must observe
'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free.

As long as you observe good OLR everyone will have a lot of fun!

I just want to point out something about the golden rule. Some drivers tend to take this to mean that if they are ahead of a car by any amount into or out of a corner then they can run any line they want which is contrary to the other rules / guidelines around corner rights and not the intent of the "rule"

I like to think about an even better golden rule as its simple to adhere to: Don't put your car where another car is or is about to be. If everyone follows that, contact is impossible.

Some abuses of the golden rule I've seen in all manner of sim/real racing:

I have a tire ahead of this guy on the outside of me, so I'm free to track all the way out to the edge of the track.
- may not be illegal in some series, but its not exactly honorable or conducive to clean racing

This driver stuck his nose under me after turn in, so I have rights to the apex and I'm going to take it.
- The driver might have been wrong, but hes already made his mistake and can't do much about it. If you don't give him room, you're either going to have contact pre-apex, or you force him over the curb and most likely have contact post-apex. Yes he was wrong and contact would technically be his fault, but he's committed now and its up to you to be the bigger person to avoid contact.

We're side by side on a straight, but I have the lead, so I can pick whatever line I want.
- again technically true, but who are you trying to be, Michael Schumacher (#GetWellMichael)? Millions of dollars and your career aren't at stake in sim racing.

Yea in D7 i dont recall touching anyone at all besides when Deacon swiped me because he didnt see me beside him. @Nail-27, @joe_diben, and @speer9892003 battled without any contact, it was close but no cigar.

Thanks for the offer Fiz, I'll keep that in mind, getting the wheel fixed today, a buddy already lent me his wheel last night so I am good to go for the duration of GT A. Also ordered the brass encoder wheel for replacement when it arrives.

But there's always a time for plan C

I signed up for SNAIL racing couple of days ago, filled up everything and i am still waiting for the PM mail. I want to join. Can you tell me, when exactly should i expect this to happen?

I signed up for SNAIL racing couple of days ago, filled up everything and i am still waiting for the PM mail. I want to join. Can you tell me, when exactly should i expect this to happen?

Hi @GTPL_LITECOIN, this is the week between seasons and it takes longer to get newcomers assigned to a division. Be patient and you will receive a PM with all the information you need. However, I wouldn't expect it until during the day on Sunday.

As soon as you do receive your divisional assignment, look up the division host under the Team SNAIL tab and send a friend request as soon as you can.

Hi @GTPL_LITECOIN, this is the week between seasons and it takes longer to get newcomers assigned to a division. Be patient and you will receive a PM with all the information you need. However, I wouldn't expect it until during the day on Sunday.

As soon as you do receive your divisional assignment, look up the division host under the Team SNAIL tab and send a friend request as soon as you can.

thank you for quick respoce.

Is that deal good for everybody? Hint hint :eek:

Back