Podium
1st: martin20az – 88 pts
2nd: PTslopoke – 86 pts
3rd: fizzer82 – 80 pts

Pole Lap Honors
Round 1: msgt-sd – 2:00.743
Round 2: msgt-sd – 2:12.914
Round 3: martin20az – 1:26.8XX

Race Winners – Total Time (D1 median Total Time, D1 mean Total Time)
Round 1 Race 1: martin20az – 10:11.973 (10:17.345, 10:25.256)
Round 1 Race 2: PTslopoke – 10:18.203 (10:21.507, 10:28.441)
Round 2 Race 1: martin20az – 11:16.272 (11:22.967, 11:23.054)
Round 2 Race 2: martin20az – 11:21.030 (11:23.984, 11:23.906)
Round 3 Race 1: fizzer82 – 11:48.752 (11:59.669, 12:09.408)
Round 3 Race 2: Intense420break – 11:46.823 (11:58.323, 12:01.407)

Fast Lap Honors – Fast Lap (D1 median Fast Lap, D1 mean Fast Lap)
Round 1 Race 1: martin20az – 2:00.488 (2:00.948, 2:00.999)
Round 1 Race 2: MM-leadfoot – 2:01.232 (2:01.338, 2:01.846)
Round 2 Race 1: martin20az – 2:12.837 (2:14.176, 2:14.168)
Round 2 Race 2: martin20az – 2:13.580 (2:14.400, 2:14.362)
Round 3 Race 1: martin20az – 1:26.469 (1:27.445, 1:27.336)
Round 3 Race 2: fizzer82 – 1:26.724 (1:27.030, 1:27.054)

D1 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 6/8/14.

I thought others might like to know how they compare to the average driver in this division time-wise, so I included median and mean data as well.

Thanks to @nmcp1, @Dragonwhisky, and @KTR5 for ideas for the data summary.

Nice mix of data for sure.

On another issue, I didn't receive an alert for being tagged in this post. Anyone else have that problem?

I have a racecraft/rule question.

I can already see how the first corner of Monza and a few other tight ones are going to create issues. So, if two drivers are charging down toward the turn "side by side", How do you determine who has the right of way?
I have already seen on lesser tracks, it seems to be a game of chicken and the one who does not back off wins, or they both crash.

Nice mix of data for sure.

On another issue, I didn't receive an alert for being tagged in this post. Anyone else have that problem?
something about being tagged in an edit, no alerts? but i don't see it being edited

Nice combo @chatva
AutodromoNazionaleMonza80s_1_zps8801a9ad.jpg

Hello fellow SNAILS

Wanted to let you all know that I have started up a new series for Wed Nights starting next week if anyone is interested called, you guessed it Wednesday Night “Race Car” Series. (how original, right?)

Series will feature purpose built race cars competing in 4 week seasons followed by an "All Star" race. Each night will feature two 40 min races (plus single qualifying session). We are kicking off the season next Wed if anyone is interested and will host an open lobby tonight in 30 mins for a shakedown run if anyone is interested.

Here is the link to the topic - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/%E2%97%86-s-n-a-i-l-wednesday-night-%E2%80%9Crace-car%E2%80%9D-series-season-starts-6-18.311225/

If you have any questions, please let me know and hope to see you there.

Thanks!

I can already see how the first corner of Monza and a few other tight ones are going to create issues. So, if two drivers are charging down toward the turn "side by side", How do you determine who has the right of way?
I have already seen on lesser tracks, it seems to be a game of chicken and the one who does not back off wins, or they both crash.

If two drivers are side by side entering a corner then they both have rights to their line throughout the corner. The driver on the inside must leave a car width to the outside all the way through the corner and the driver on the outside must leave a car width to the inside all the way through the corner. If either driver doesn't leave room, they are subject to a penalty for initiating contact.

With that being said, it's a whole lot faster to get in line and go through a tight corner one at a time than to try and do it side by side.

JLBowler in simple words... If you go in any corner side-by-side with anyone pretend there's two lanes on the track, stay in your lane throughout the corner or chicane and don't invade the other lane for any possible reason.

But as tight as the ones at Monza, I'd say fall back in line, the line through those chicanes are too tight to practically fit 2 cars side by side as we all know we'll try and straighten them out as much as possible which only leaves 1 line through. I think it's stupid to try and be a hero on this combo.

Thanks to @KTR5 for updating the snail GT Academy post, seems like there are 8 snails in the top 28 so far.

But as tight as the ones at Monza, I'd say fall back in line, the line through those chicanes are too tight to practically fit 2 cars side by side as we all know we'll try and straighten them out as much as possible which only leaves 1 line through. I think it's stupid to try and be a hero on this combo.

Thanks to @KTR5 for updating the snail GT Academy post, seems like there are 8 snails in the top 28 so far.

Thanks @Neovre. It will be interesting to see how much movement there is in the next 5 days. I hope a few more SNAILs put a fast lap together and move into the top 28 eligible spots.

Also, didn't get an alert again with your tag. I checked my preferences and I should be.

Here are a few pictures for @Troggy to consider for banners.

Unveiling a new paint scheme for me. There were just too many blue shaded cars in D6. Thanks to @Drgreenthumb977 for racing with me. Nice job to all 3 prize winners this week. Each pic resulted in a quality combo. Should be fun with 10+ drivers on the track at Monza.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s.jpg

Really like this next one.
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_1.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_2.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_3.jpg

Cape Ring - Periphery.jpg

Hey PD, um, nice attention to detail on this next pic. And this is why cars should not jump. They magically disappear into the track surface ;)

Cape Ring - Periphery_1.jpg

Cape Ring - Periphery_2.jpg

Cape Ring - Periphery_3.jpg

Unveiling a new paint scheme for me. There were just too many blue shaded cars in D6. Thanks to @Drgreenthumb977 for racing with me. Nice job to all 3 prize winners this week. Each pic resulted in a quality combo. Should be fun with 10+ drivers on the track at Monza.

View attachment 169564

View attachment 169565

View attachment 169566

View attachment 169567

View attachment 169568

Hey PD, um, nice attention to detail on this next pic. And this is why cars should not jump. They magically disappear into the track surface ;)

View attachment 169569

View attachment 169570

View attachment 169571
I planned on changing my color to a bright pink so you can tell when I am there and when I am not.

It's been a while since I've posted In the thread , been busy with the time trail . Finally got to my goal of 2:15:396
If I keep trying I can see a 2:15:2xx this year I wanted to be at the top of the leaderboard , didn't wanna be last
Like last year. Now that I've meet my goal for this year back to working on my race car :sly:

View attachment 169615 View attachment 169616 View attachment 169617

Pretty sure your real goal behind is to beat me into qualifying lol Why am I such a target for you and @K1utch lol

Lol not even! I've only been chasing gumball,Russ,Fizzer... Trust me it has nothing todo with you last year I qualify last I was 32nd
I told my self next year I have to be top 15 :P and trying to instill a lil fear for everyone at national

View attachment 169564

View attachment 169565

View attachment 169566

View attachment 169567

View attachment 169568

View attachment 169569

View attachment 169570

View attachment 169571
those colors are run by @TEX36

Last edited:
those colors are run by @TEX36

Yea, I know that. But the likelihood of @TEX36 and I being in the same division is null.

Also, seasonal races are live today. Decent payout on cash too. With the 200% bonus you get 100k for the beginner and 170k for intermediate. Didn't have time for the expert one.

JLBowler has already provided a general rule and expected behavior but, just so your certain about the rules, check out Section 7 in the SNAILOLR.

If it helps, use the blind side indicator for racing at tracks like Monza with the chicane so when i am side by side at the first chicane turn, the blind side indicator is flashing and helps to leave enough room to have little or no contact and both of us get through the turn clean.

If it helps, use the blind side indicator for racing at tracks like Monza with the chicane so when i am side by side at the first chicane turn, the blind side indicator is flashing and helps to leave enough room to have little or no contact and both of us get through the turn clean.

Or they could just give us back the ability to set map scale as in GT5... :irked:

Is anyone running with the blind side indicator off?

Not only should we all have the blind spot indicators on, everyone should have buttons mapped to left, right and rear view, and use them. Having buttons mapped and using them is faster than turning your head in a real car to check where other vehicles are.

Not only should we all have the blind spot indicators on, everyone should have buttons mapped to left, right and rear view, and use them. Having buttons mapped and using them is faster than turning your head in a real car to check where other vehicles are.

However, when I try to use those Left/Right buttons that I have set up ......... I must spend too much time watching (a brief glimpse doesn't reveal the edge of the front bumper that is moving ever so slightly into the view). Sooooo, I depend on the blind spotters to just inform me - then I make room regardless of where they might be.

With no peripheral vision (all windows in the car are covered with black except the windshield - imagine driving a real car that way?) ....... anyway, without the Map Enlargement we are at a definite handicap in tight races.

Isn't this a SNAIL requirement? I read that in some text either in the OLR or instructions sent to me in one of the instructional PMs.

Also, is it just me or do the side indicators only flash when a car is really close to you? I was on the opposite side of the track but even with another car and no indicator flashed.

Back