◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
I will be making banner photos for this week as @Troggy hasn't logged in to GTP for quite some time now.

As a backup host I accumulated a number of PSN Friends that were one and done-ers which brought me to the max limit of PSN Friends. Late last night I deleted those that haven't raced on a Sunday night for over one month as well as a few "real" friends I no longer game with in order to free up a few slots.

I'm not sure what the SNAIL policy is here; I will happily stop being a backup host if this is an issue.

How many SNAIL guys will be at the finals in NYC next week? Looking forward to see how you all get on!

Here is a list of SNAILs heading to NYC, 8 in total. Congratulations to each of you!

If you have a chance, find a copy of Grassroots Motorsports and read this story, "Chump to Champ: Todd Lamb shares his winning secrets", starting on page 100. He gives 10 tips to help you make it to the next level. Point 1 applies perfectly to the GT Academy. Even if you stop in a book store and read that single part, I think it will benefit you.

@fizzer
@dgaf95integra
@K1utch
@Adventuruss
@Neovre
@jpe138083
@ParkerMO125
@scca_ziptie

Sorry for the poor quality shots. I took them from their online version. And of course my iPhone didn't want to rotate the 2nd pic.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a list of SNAILs heading to NYC, 8 in total. Congratulations to each of you!

If you have a chance, find a copy of Grassroots Motorsports and read this story, "Chump to Champ: Todd Lamb shares his winning secrets", starting on page 100. He gives 10 tips to help you make it to the next level. Point 1 applies perfectly to the GT Academy. Even if you stop in a book store and read that single part, I think it will benefit you.

@fizzer
@dgaf95integra
@K1utch
@Adventuruss
@Neovre
@jpe138083
@ParkerMO125
@scca_ziptie

Good Luck and best wishes to all of you!

One you technical wallas take a look at this....

Third, and very important. Since running the Sunday Cup on GT6 we have often experienced players not being able to see each other on the track, or in the lobby. To fix this, all racers must have UpNP enabled on their routers, and PS3. To find out if its on you must look at network connections on PS3 and see if UpNP is available. If it isnt, it must be enabled on your router. Then check the PS3 and make sure it is also enabled in network settings. Doing this will fix this issue.

One you technical wallas take a look at this....

Third, and very important. Since running the Sunday Cup on GT6 we have often experienced players not being able to see each other on the track, or in the lobby. To fix this, all racers must have UpNP enabled on their routers, and PS3. To find out if its on you must look at network connections on PS3 and see if UpNP is available. If it isnt, it must be enabled on your router. Then check the PS3 and make sure it is also enabled in network settings. Doing this will fix this issue.
I was about to post that message lol

And if I held onto my real cars I would still have the following
65 Mustang
68 Fairlane Convertible
69 Cougar XR-7 GT
70 Fiat 124 Spyder
71 El Camino. To tow Lotus 51a FF on modified boat trailer
62 Bug Eye Austin Healey Sprite ( SCCA G/H Production and driver....noisy!)
72 GMC Jimmy...better tow vehicle
75 Corvette (delivered to UK)
73 Jaguar XJ6 (best of the lot except the Mustang and Bug Eye)
76 MGB ( told SWMBO....DO NOT EVEN THINK OF BUYING AN MG)
77 MG Midget
73 Lotus Europa Twin cam Prodspot car (wrecked at Paddock Hill Bend in RAIN :guilty:)
77 Class C Motor home
82-now MANY MANY Subaru Outbacks ( lived in N.E.)
97 my driver... Subaru Outback Rally Equipped beater...STI stuff installed.;)
Market value total today well over 300k...oh well..now lets talk about the guns. :grumpy:
NOT.

@Br1mann

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
*****************************************************************************************

Hi, How Long does it normally take to be assigned a race division. I did the Racecraft test and time trial yesterday. I never received any confirmation that my test and time trial was received.

*****************************************************************************************

Hi, How Long does it normally take to be assigned a race division. I did the Racecraft test and time trial yesterday. I never received any confirmation that my test and time trial was received.
Well with a new season this week and the 4th this weekend. I would say fairly soon.

This is the Begining of a new season, you'll know before Sunday, be patient

Last edited:

This week is the end of one season & the beginning of the next, in addition to adding new drivers, it is also promotion/relegation time. This week seems to have even more work to do as divisions are being compacted to fill grids.

edit: too slow

I didn't see any info listed about whether or not we can change the brake bias. (New guy here)
It is frowned upon but it is not required to keep it at 5-5 also Improve Body ridgity falls under the same umbrella.

Back