◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I had a great time in Division 4. I can tell where I'm fast on my own but I'm not as good when it comes to straight up racing . I was also very unfamiliar with the overtaking places on Fuji and Willow because I rarely race there. I really like Fuji the more I learn the track.

D4 replays have been uploaded to both the Stewards and the Open Replay drives.

From my seat it was a great night racing. Lots of first-timers, all of which seemed to be making a great effort towards racing the SNAIL way. Great battles in every race, with the new guys and the SNAIL vets. I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's races.

Same. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew any bumps I made were unintentional. I usually let off the gas or immediately went wide of the other car to make sure they knew it was a mistake. Otherwise I had a great time keeping up with you fast drivers. C3-R2 was incredible. I really had to be on it the whole time to keep the lead. That was you Warden in P2 during all of that, right?

Replays done and im gonna have a late night tricking session with some friends never mind food como kicked in yo
200.gif

Had a great night in D2 tonight, looked like everything fell in to place, strong run with the Corvette...not my favorite combo but it worked...lol Guess the practice during the week paid off. Nice racing everyone.

My first race and I qualified first. And then got beat by .3 seconds while on my last lap, then competed my last lap to beat him by .1 and break into the 1:43s. That was great. Then I mess up a lot and lose positions. Fight back two, gain two from other's mistakes. End in 8th. Not bad?

Scoring and votes are entered in the directors doc for D5. A lot of good close racing. Congrats to @jimeez for the overall win via a tie breaker with me because he had 3 wins. First 6 places separated by only 8 points at the end!

One hell of a night for Division 6. No connection issues, clean racing and finally got a win tonight with Round 3 Race 2 at Suzuka in the GTR 500 base model. Happy to be hosting, thank you all for the score keeping, replay uploaders, data keepers.

That was one hell of a night in D7. some close battles and i got 2/3 poles. Also Replays will be uploaded in about 30 mins
poppin1.gif

D3 Scores and Votes are entered. Great racing tonight. Overall win goes to @noseknows36. D3 also had 10 out of 11 drivers make the podium tonight. Well done everyone!

D4 replays have been uploaded to both the Stewards and the Open Replay drives.

From my seat it was a great night racing. Lots of first-timers, all of which seemed to be making a great effort towards racing the SNAIL way. Great battles in every race, with the new guys and the SNAIL vets. I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's races.

Had a great night in D2 tonight, looked like everything fell in to place, strong run with the Corvette...not my favorite combo but it worked...lol Guess the practice during the week paid off. Nice racing everyone.

It's great to read all these posts about the close racing across the divisions! That's what it's all about! Huge props to @JLBowler for not only nailing P&R, but doing it while simultaneously expanding us back to 7 divisions. :bowdown:

Also, big shout out to all of Team SNAIL! Hosts and scorekeepers were smooth as silk, and now the replay uploaders are up to bat. Thanks to @KTR5 for keeping the machine well-oiled. 👍

It's nights like these that make it clear that we've really got something special going on here. So many people working together towards the same goal.. That's something pretty rare these days.. You guys rock! :cheers:

To the new guys.. I hope you enjoyed your first official league night. Please remember that you were all required to confirm that you'd be willing to file an incident report if needed, so here's a reminder of how to do it and why you should:

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific Monday night. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for.

The PS3 is acting strange today... Guess it is time to clear out everything I am not using. Somewhere between GT6 and the XMB menu, 2 of our replays drifted off into space. Races 1, 2, 4 and 6 for D5 are up but missing 3 and 5.

Excellent job with P&R @JLBowler ... D5 is going to be extremely difficult this month. I watched the scoring all night and it is anyone's game. Going into the last round the difference from 9th to 1st was 9 or 10 points. The D5 August winner will be the driver that makes the least amount of mistakes.

Terrible night last night for me. Can no longer show up in D2 with zero practice and expect to get lap times within a full second of the leaders on new combos. Existing combos are better for me.

At Fuji I didn't start getting within a half second of fast lap until the middle of the second race.

Vette' combo was ridiculous...I was terrible at both races. No practice spells disaster there.

Did better at Suzuka as fast as lap times go...crashed in the first race and did fairly well in the second.

Going to have to get a solid 10 laps of practice on each combo each week if I expect to finish better than last.

Terrible night last night for me. Can no longer show up in D2 with zero practice and expect to get lap times within a full second of the leaders on new combos. Existing combos are better for me.

At Fuji I didn't start getting within a half second of fast lap until the middle of the second race.

Vette' combo was ridiculous...I was terrible at both races. No practice spells disaster there.

Did better at Suzuka as fast as lap times go...crashed in the first race and did fairly well in the second.

Going to have to get a solid 10 laps of practice on each combo each week if I expect to finish better than last.

I couldn't agree more. I got five laps with the Vette at Willow and it paid off with a 3rd place finish in the first race just by staying on the track. The second race at Willow wasn't as good for me. I put a tire off coming down the hill and that cost me 3 spots. I'll drive just about anything at Fuji and Suzuka and be up to speed. So much experience online at those tracks going all the way back to GT5p and well beyond that for offline racing.

I couldn't agree more. I got five laps with the Vette at Willow and it paid off with a 3rd place finish in the first race just by staying on the track. The second race at Willow wasn't as good for me. I put a tire off coming down the hill and that cost me 3 spots. I'll drive just about anything at Fuji and Suzuka and be up to speed. So much experience online at those tracks going all the way back to GT5p and well beyond that for offline racing.

There has been a considerable influx of quick drivers recently which, when combined with the existing lineup of talented drivers from Div1 down, has increased the level of competition considerably throughout the league. I know you guys consider it a badge of honour to race without much practice time but it can only be a good thing for the league overall if that means it is not easy to compete in the 2nd of 7 divisions currently active in SNAIL.

I actually found you guys when i randomly joined a room on Sunday in the public lobby. I asked him if beginner is allowed to join and he said yeah and directed me here.

I would like to sign up for probably a beginners division. Please let me know what car(s) I need to buy and track I need to practice on.

I usually drive with ABS-1 only (but sometimes driving line on new tracks) with default tire (comfort and sport almost always) on all cars. I prefer one make race, spec race where skills is more involved than tuning.

I couldn't agree more. I'll drive just about anything at Fuji and Suzuka and be up to speed. So much experience online at those tracks going all the way back to GT5p and well beyond that for offline racing.
This for sure. If it's at a long established track then it really doesn't matter what car. I just need a few laps to get used to it. Which didn't really happen this week since I worked all day Sat/Sun.

If it's a newer track, mostly unused or a track I despise (think London, Monte Carlo) then I need more time.

Looking forward to this weekend.

There are new guys and we must practice cause these new drivers are fast!

I actually found you guys when i randomly joined a room on Sunday in the public lobby. I asked him if beginner is allowed to join and he said yeah and directed me here.

I would like to sign up for probably a beginners division. Please let me know what car(s) I need to buy and track I need to practice on.

I usually drive with ABS-1 only (but sometimes driving line on new tracks) with default tire (comfort and sport almost always) on all cars. I prefer one make race, spec race where skills is more involved than tuning.

@FSportIS

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

read the first 2 post of this thread and someone will be along to give a welcome message with the info you need to join

ninja'd

Back