◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,857 comments
Ah yes, sorry it was not on life support is what I read. I think this is some of the best news we could hope for. He is apparently breathing on his own. I was so afraid to wake up this morning to hear much sadder news.

REMINDER

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of any SNAIL OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific on Monday night. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed. If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for.

that is standard policy for the FIA to not show any horrific accidents until the guy shakes his head and stands up in the cockpit...when it does not happen its just like NASCAR holding up the tarp...nothing good is going to happen. I believe Jules is the nephew of Lucien Bianchi was drove for Cooper-Maserati in the 60s....good genes. I do hope we do not have the first non walk away since Senna those many years ago. I'm not very religious (except when in a foxhole...there are no atheists in foxholes) but who knows, a little word with the man upstairs might be in order.

And so much for another "really good" Suzuka round.. It was mildly interesting watching the various strategies play out on the leaderboard... but sadly Mother Nature can be a hard woman sometimes, and all our thoughts and prayers for Jules is what we take from it...The only good thing IMO was how our three boys on the podium reacted to the circumstances.. And Nigel of course.. Apart from Jules another worry would be this: In 2003 when Daijiaro Kato succumbed to injuries sustained the week before at the season opening MotoGP at Suzuka it ended up being the last motorcycle GP there.. And Suzuka is a great motorcycle track too.. Kato crashed trying to save a highside at the slowest part of the circuit.. In that particular instance there's not much to fault the track for.

The 2015 F1 season figures to be pretty good even without knowing yet who is going where.. Some of the top teams should have their stuff better sorted out, and Honda coming back, etc.. A Ferrari resurgence maybe..
Please don't read me wrong here because concern for the injured driver is about all I'll take away from the remainder of this season regardless of anything.. I just hope the future of F1 can still have Suzuka in it somehow..
It's one of the last of the really good classic F1 circuits.. And when they get replaced, it's rare when another good one pops up to replace them..

All Divisions have until 8PM Eastern time, tonight, to get all their votes and replays in. If any division lacks either a full replay package or votes at that time, their division winner will become ineligible for Prize Candidacy.

@LLOYDZELITE69 - Saw you had uploaded only 5 races last night. Please work with your Division mates to get that last replay.

Whomever was keeping score last night for Division 1, please send me a PM, we need to talk. This is the second week we've had to clean up the D1 score sheet of duplicate entries. I don't know what type of device you're using to enter scores but, if it's limiting your view of the sheet, we may need to adjust fire.

I'm very happy with what I achieved last night. Hard work pays well.
Thanks everyone in D8. Beautiful racing over there.

Pretty fun when you should be in D5 or 6.. lol I could care less don't get me wrong! You were fast and clean (Double 👍👍) which if you keep that up, you will kill it!! Name of the game in S.N.A.I.L so nice work! 👍.. It was nice racing with ya and I am going to slash your tires before next Sunday!! lol :sly: You will still beat me!! :banghead:

REMINDER

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of any SNAIL OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific on Monday night. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed. If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please remember that clean racing is not only your right, it's also your responsibility and something that we all need to be accountable for.
3ve7rt-300x298.jpg

I'm very happy with what I achieved last night. Hard work pays well.
Thanks everyone in D8. Beautiful racing over there.

Pretty fun when you should be in D5 or 6.. lol I could care less don't get me wrong! You were fast and clean (Double 👍👍) which if you keep that up, you will kill it!! Name of the game in S.N.A.I.L so nice work! 👍.. It was nice racing with ya and I am going to slash your tires before next Sunday!! lol :sly: You will still beat me!! :banghead:

A ringer if I ever saw one. Passed me like I was standing still. You won't last long in div 8. Good racing.

Just so everyone knows, if @MCA_UNITED08 doesn't belong in D8, based on the race data provided, he will be promoted soon. However, just looking at his total race time from D8 to D7, D6 and D5, only the last race of the night compares closely with D7. And not close to D6 and D5. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in a different division, but just because he passed someone easily, doesn't mean he'll do the same in D7, D6, etc.

DISCLAIMER:
This is just my take on it, while looking quickly at total race time only. I do not do promotion, so that's not up to me and I don't have best lap times or qualifying times either.

Just so everyone knows, if @MCA_UNITED08 doesn't belong in D8, based on the race data provided, he will be promoted soon. However, just looking at his total race time from D8 to D7, D6 and D5, only the last race of the night compares closely with D7. And not close to D6 and D5. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in a different division, but just because he passed someone easily, doesn't mean he'll do the same in D7, D6, etc.

DISCLAIMER:
This is just my take on it, while looking quickly at total race time only. I do not do promotion, so that's not up to me and I don't have best lap times or qualifying times either.

I do promotion and have probably watched more replays of races than anyone ever should. From what I have seen, all anyone has to do to win in D8 is stay on the track and maintain a steady pace. You don't have to be the fastest guy on the track, you just have to finish in one piece.

This train of thought leads me into making an announcement about an upcoming announcement. Changes are coming to D6, 7, and 8 starting next month. The changes that are coming to D6 and D7 are pretty much expected because those changes have already been made to all the other divisions. D8 will have some more extensive changes made to it for next season. More information will be released at the end of the current season.

All Divisions have until 8PM Eastern time, tonight, to get all their votes and replays in. If any division lacks either a full replay package or votes at that time, their division winner will become ineligible for Prize Candidacy.

@LLOYDZELITE69 - Saw you had uploaded only 5 races last night. Please work with your Division mates to get that last replay.

Whomever was keeping score last night for Division 1, please send me a PM, we need to talk. This is the second week we've had to clean up the D1 score sheet of duplicate entries. I don't know what type of device you're using to enter scores but, if it's limiting your view of the sheet, we may need to adjust fire.
@msgt-sd got the other replay I missed earlier :)

I do promotion and have probably watched more replays of races than anyone ever should. From what I have seen, all anyone has to do to win in D8 is stay on the track and maintain a steady pace. You don't have to be the fastest guy on the track, you just have to finish in one piece.

This train of thought leads me into making an announcement about an upcoming announcement. Changes are coming to D6, 7, and 8 starting next month. The changes that are coming to D6 and D7 are pretty much expected because those changes have already been made to all the other divisions. D8 will have some more extensive changes made to it for next season. More information will be released at the end of the current season.

Well I did not mean to come off as if that bothered me in any way shape or form.! I was just basically giving him props for his first week and doing excellent.. I have a entire division 2 keep up with and B so he would be the least of my worries! Im gunna have to disagree when you say all you have to do is stay on track and be consistent if you are In D8 and you will win? I think that goes for more than just D8 but probably happens more in the higher divisions. Of course staying on track and consistency is a given if you want to at least have a chance! The majority do that, and it's getting better every week! But if there are 1 or 2 people running 2-3secs faster a lap and we all stay on the track, (I'm bad at math) but its gunna be tough to catch up! That's why I like it that pretty much everyone is a bit faster or close to my speed and makes you do all the things that makes S N.A.I.L a great racing series.! It forces you to not only get up to even speeds to run with everyone, but then you have to get around & do it by the rules! (the way it should be). Makes it that much more rewarding for me!.. I beat myself week in and week out which I'm sure your aware if you watch alot of replays, so if it were up to me I would like to have him stay in our division so there is someone quite a bit faster for everyone to strive for! I know he probably does not want to but thats is your decision and I'm sure he'll get moved to the proper decision when that time comes.. I speak for myself like I said but no issues whatsoever from me.. Sorry that I made it sound like I was complaining when I was doing the exact opposite!

DISCLAIMER:
I think that is one of the advantages to being promoted to a faster division. Some people have a hard time moving forward because, as one should expect, getting moved forward means new challenges that you must adapt to overcome. It is one of the tenets of competition.
In moving forward, while one may face new adversities, different competitors to adjust too and more advanced pace, this is also a chance to become a better driver. You face a higher caliber of racer. You may be in the back of the pack for a while, but you have new people to follow, new lines to learn, new resources to draw from. Moving forward agaisnt tougher opponents is the only way to get better. Don't let the Sunday part be the main draw to this event. This is prime time SNAIL competition, not a pleasure cruise.

I've been using iPad to enter score I guess I'm doing it wrong when u have some free time pm me ansn we can go from there thanks

I think that is one of the advantages to being promoted to a faster division. Some people have a hard time moving forward because, as one should expect, getting moved forward means new challenges that you must adapt to overcome. It is one of the tenets of competition.
In moving forward, while one may face new adversities, different competitors to adjust too and more advanced pace, this is also a chance to become a better driver. You face a higher caliber of racer. You may be in the back of the pack for a while, but you have new people to follow, new lines to learn, new resources to draw from. Moving forward agaisnt tougher opponents is the only way to get better. Don't let the Sunday part be the main draw to this event. This is prime time SNAIL competition, not a pleasure cruise.

D6 competition was very good last night. Although a few drivers were promoted to D5, others were promoted from D7 which made for a pretty balanced D6. All drivers made the podium and a couple of us for the first time ever! Thank goodness for those promotions:) I agree that we all need to push each other to become better, faster and cleaner drivers on Sunday night. However there is certainly a need to practice regularly. There is so much to be learned in these mixed practice rooms where all Divisions are racing together throughout the week. If you can keep on pace with guys in the upper divisions it gives you a little extra confidence on Sunday night too. Congratulations to everyone in D6 ! It made for a very fun and exciting evening of racing!

Back