◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,819 comments
I know that tuning is not allowed but I am thinking of making a small modification to the 'Vette... I want to add a medium sized Danforth anchor and a length of chain so I have a back up braking system for the end of the long straight at Tokyo... I was considering the extra fridge I have in the garage but couldn't fit it through the window... *sigh* I appologize! It has been one of those weeks!!:ouch: Really looking forward to Sunday night!

Thanks for the laugh exo, made my day :)

I won't be able to race this Sunday, I'll be spending some quality time with my Dad on the golf course :)

I suppose up there near the north pole you can nearly golf 24 hours a day this time of year.

- 1010 1111 1011 101

I suppose up there near the north pole you can nearly golf 24 hours a day this time of year.

- 1010 1111 1011 101

:lol:

It stays light out till around 10 PM and gets light again around 5 AM, close but not quite. There is a 24 hour tournament further north though.

01010011001011100100111000101110010000010010111001001001001011100100110000101110

Bronco, do you have a Mic/headset you could use? If not i suggest getting one =)
Yes sir I have one. I just can't plug it in since I got my wheel, cause I had to get a desk that gave my feet room for the pedals and my ps3 is too far away now.
So I do need a new one but I kind of hate them cause my brother's Turtle Beach headset, which cost like 100 dollars didn't even last 5 months. So I've been sticking to 15 dollar headsets with an audio adapter, but atm I can't plug them in.

Sony's big one has been great for me. I've only had it for about 2-1/2 months, now, but I tend to use it for games other than GT5 just to keep from waking up the family.

It runs on bluetooth. I can walk all the way to other side of the house without missing out on the conversation. I just have to remember to put the mic on mute when I head to the john. :eek:

It's about $85 on Amazon. My only complaint is that the plastic can be a little squeaky at times.

Edit: Or can't you just get a cable extension?

Last edited:
Hi, I’m interested in this league. I'm a casual driver, usually race on public clean shuffle/spec rooms, but I’m getting tired of looking for hours for an actual clean room; I accept that I make a mistake here and there but if that mistake affects someone I wait and let them pass, I consider myself as a clean driver.

I live outside US, but my connection is fast and stable, rarely experience lag with US players.
My PSN is: moi_2212

Hi, I’m interested in this league. I'm a casual driver, usually race on public clean shuffle/spec rooms, but I’m getting tired of looking for hours for an actual clean room; I accept that I make a mistake here and there but if that mistake affects someone I wait and let them pass, I consider myself as a clean driver.

I live outside US, but my connection is fast and stable, rarely experience lag with US players.
My PSN is: moi_2212

Hey moi_2212,

S.N.A.I.L. is very concerned about lag and connectivity issues, no fun for anyone.

Before we go any further, could I ask you to do a speed test and post the result back here? Just click begin test and then share, you'll get a url you can post in your reply here.

I just want to make sure we're not going down the wrong path before you get involved.

Thanks much.

Hey moi_2212,

S.N.A.I.L. is very concerned about lag and connectivity issues, no fun for anyone.

Before we go any further, could I ask you to do a speed test and post the result back here? Just click begin test and then share, you'll get a url you can post in your reply here.

I just want to make sure we're not going down the wrong path before you get involved.

Thanks much.

Here it is, I select a random server in US, in that way the results are more accurate and representative to what I’m going to need for online gaming.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2011119267.png

PS
If something I write is not clear let me know and I would try to rephrase it the best I could. English is not my native language.

Last edited:
Your English is pert-near impeccable; as opposed to mine which is durn-near antiquated cowboy.

Here it is, I select a random server in US, in that way the results are more accurate and representative to what I’m going to need for online gaming.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2011119267.png

PS
If something I write is not to clear let me know and I would try to rephrase it the best I could. English is not my native language.

Hey moi_2212,

Thanks for taking the time to run the speedtest, much appreciated. If on Sunday you have lag or connection issues you may be asked by the D3 Race Director to leave the lounge. We really do take that stuff seriously :) Just wanted to set the expectations right off the bat. I don't think there's going to problems but wanted it up front.

Your English is just fine, but I won't hesitate to ask if I'm not sure what you're saying 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Your English is pert-near impeccable; as opposed to mine which is durn-near antiquated cowboy.
Thanks Apmaddock.
Hey moi_2212,

Thanks for taking the time to run the speedtest, much appreciated. If on Sunday you have lag or connection issues you may be asked by the D3 Race Director to leave the lounge. We really do take that stuff seriously :) Just wanted to set the expectations right off the bat. I don't think there's going to problems but wanted it up front.

Your English is just fine, but I won't hesitate to ask if I'm not sure what you're saying 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Thanks kcheeb, don’t worry if I see some problems with my connection I usually leave the room for consideration with others.

I know the GTP ORL and practice them while driving online.

Just to make sure I’ll be there in time, Pacific Time is the same as UCT -7hours, so 7pm would be 8pm on UCT-6hours, I’m not too used to time zones.
And hope to see some of you on Sunday

Thanks Apmaddock.

Thanks kcheeb, don’t worry if I see some problems with my connection I usually leave the room for consideration with others.

I know the GTP ORL and practice them while driving online.

Just to make sure I’ll be there in time, Pacific Time is the same as UCT -7hours, so 7pm would be 8pm on UCT-6hours, I’m not too used to time zones.
And hope to see some of you on Sunday

Thanks for understanding moi_2212 👍

After checking this out, I was able to determine we're in the same time zone.

The races start at 10:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 8:00 PM Mountain Time Sunday night.

So the race for you should start at 8:00 PM your time.

I always get nervous dealing with timezones :lol:

EDIT: Actually I'm UTC -7 but because we're on daylight savings right now, our time zones match up time wise (I think). This is why timezones make me crazy!

Yes sir I have one. I just can't plug it in since I got my wheel, cause I had to get a desk that gave my feet room for the pedals and my ps3 is too far away now.
So I do need a new one but I kind of hate them cause my brother's Turtle Beach headset, which cost like 100 dollars didn't even last 5 months. So I've been sticking to 15 dollar headsets with an audio adapter, but atm I can't plug them in.

I have a Bluetooth headset, so distance isnt an issue, and you dont need a USB to use it once its Sync'd up. (you do if you want to charge it if its low battery). I've had mine for 2+ years, only use it for gaming, and it works just fine. If im using it, its on my ear, if im not, its on the table in its charger (plugged in or not). No messy cords to deal with, the dog wont come running by pulling it out or anything like that.

EDIT: Actually I'm UTC -7 but because we're on daylight savings right now, our time zones match up time wise (I think). This is why timezones make me crazy!

I hear ya. As someone who writes code for a living, few things are more aggravating to me than daylight saving time. If you ask me, DST and the penny are the canaries in the coal mine. I see their continued existence as proof our government is incapable of even the simplest, most obvious forms of progress.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Time for beer :cheers:

I also have the USB Bluetooth head set. It is pretty good and I am satisfied with it. Mute function, good roam distance, loud, not to much $(50), and holds a good charge.

DrKronin
I hear ya. As someone who writes code for a living, few things are more aggravating to me than daylight saving time. If you ask me, DST and the penny are the canaries in the coal mine. I see their continued existence as proof our government is incapable of even the simplest, most obvious forms of progress.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Time for beer :cheers:

I write code too, dates are the bane of my existence :)

Hoisting right now :lol:

is there any specific rules on coining a number cuz id like to own 97 its my number in reel life racing =) hense my gtplanet name and psn name

Last edited:
Room Open For Magic Lap!

1472-6118-4259-7715-8363

Theme: British Classics - A chance to drive the British cars that made automotive history, from the Jaguar E-Type to the Lotus Elise. Choose anything you think is significant, which in GT5 is pretty much every British car. Perhaps avoid the Vauxhalls.

Track: Top Gear Test Track
Car Restriction: Origin - UK

Slight issue. I haven't unlocked the Test Track yet (Haven't done special events on this save), so I'm hoping I can set it to a vote and have someone select it.

Doing some practicing tonight and one particular vehicle seems to be really giving me fits. As much as I want to just walk away from it, everything I have learned since becoming a SNAIL won't let me. I MUST learn how to drive this car and do it within the guidelines of the league rules! As frustrating as it has been, I am really enjoying the challenge. While taking a break (and a shot of tequila) I thought it would be cool to have a link set up on Post 1 (Or at the bottom of the post itself) to a handful of League Member Testimonials that had a few blurbs about what the SNAIL league means to some of our drivers. Something that drivers considering joining could read to get a more personal prospective of what this group is all about. There are many rules that govern how we race and a little insight into those that have been here for awhile and how cool this whole league is could be a nice little bit of frosting on the (hat) cake!!

Last edited:
Back