◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,808 comments
We will need you to go to speedtest.net and pingtest.net and run some connectivity tests to the west coast of the United States. Post those results here to show that you have a strong and stable enough connection to race.

Speedtest.net=ping 18 ms download speed 97.54 mbps upload 12.37 mbps

Pingtest.net=line quality B* ping 25 ms jitter 2ms

I want to thank D3 drivers tonight was pretty good racing. I will just say one thing I heard a driver say I didn't see your brake lights this was this week practice race. please don't race this way I think thats where alot stuff happens. If you notice the most problems are corner entry. And I like to now how far is to far on the NOISE POCKING you have to pock to make something happen sometimes

Replays for Ds 4 & 7 are the last sets needed.

Speedtest.net=ping 18 ms download speed 97.54 mbps upload 12.37 mbps

Pingtest.net=line quality B* ping 25 ms jitter 2ms

We would prefer you provide the link to the test or the picture of the results as below.

3862240407.png

109290265.png

3862248109.png

And now, I'm off to hit the rack. Catch up with you all later.

Last edited:
A final update on our ChumpCar build. Again, we're using a 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo. We've gone all the way from complete car to completely gutted to a "race car". We started with this car and 2 donors ('95 940 Turbo and '82 245) Here are some photos from yesterdays work. The race is this coming Saturday and Sunday at Watkins Glen.

The D5 races might notice a resemblance to my color I'm running here to this one. This one is officially called "Super Blue". It's a 1970 Chrysler color. It was the color my Dad used often.

20141026_103818.jpg

20141026_103826.jpg

Again, the same number I run here, as it was the number my Dad used most often.
20141026_150827.jpg

We did a really good job on the paint...if you're standing 10 feet away :)
20141026_153411.jpg

20141026_155040.jpg

The car is a tribute to my Dad and this was his beer of choice.
20141026_155738.jpg

Replays for Ds 4 & 7 are the last sets needed.

We would prefer you provide the link to the test or the picture of the results as below.

3862240407.png

109290265.png

3862248109.png

And now, I'm off to hit the rack. Catch up with you all later.

Attachments

• 20141027_124429.jpg
    20141027_124429.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
-Division 3 Race Report-

Not much to report. Stable room. No disconnects. Everyone could see each other. That makes it a good night for the whole division. We had 5 different people with a win and almost everyone had a podium. Great job! I also want to recognize @intoflatlines as this was his first night in D3 and ended up tied with @SGETI (CAPECOD104) for the overall win. CAPECOD ended with the tiebreaker and preliminary win. Awesome racing you guys. It was a pretty good October of racing and lets carry it over to next season. Don't forget about the ButtKicker Challenge and see most of you next season.

Happy Halloween

D3 replays are uploaded
Thanks @fzappa !

I had not raced in a SNAIL Sunday race since May or June and it was a great time in D3 just like I remember! There are some very quick drivers in D3 which makes it a great challenge, especially since I historically do pretty poorly in qualifying. I was able to take the unofficial 2nd place (tied 1st) without having a 1st place finish or fast lap which reinforces the idea that consistency in staying on-track and avoiding wrecks can pay off. :)

Last edited:
Uh. Not really. At both sites there is a button you can click to copy the IMG link, then use the Insert Image button in the GTP post tool bar to insert it in your message here.

Also, you will need to get Java installed and enabled in the browser your using to run the tests so the packet loss at pingtest.net can work.

D8 was really rough last night (not in the racecraft sense).

It was 10:30pm before we even started the 2nd race of the first combo. It was almost midnight before the third combo was ready to start and I just bailed at that point.

A certain driver couldn't see another driver and we just kept working on it and working on it. When it was obvious where the problem lied. Instead of doing the same thing over again expecting a different result, it should be up to the driver responsible to just bow out for the betterment of everyone else. The driver with the connection issue is a great guy and everyone's buddy but when it's 10:30pm and we are starting the 2nd Cape race then we need to trim the fat and move on but no one wanted to pull the trigger on that decision.

Once that race was over, there was a host switch due to one driver still not seeing another. And the problem persisted, rooms were not set up right, settings had to be reset and on and on.

Everyone in there is great and racecraft is great...all is well. But dang, some of us can't stay up that late. I bet it didn't finish until 12:30am. Waiting for your buddy to reset his router, clear cache and restart his PS3 for the 5th time is not solving anything.

I am not the guy throwing anyone under the bus...but I really hated leaving because everything is taking so long. We should be done by 11:30pm. Not 12:30. It's only 90mins of track time max....so we spent an hour and a half not fixing anything.

Sorry. I am new but it was really frustrating. I don't want the D8 guys to hate me for speaking out but the needs of the many outweigh etc etc.

It was 10:30pm before we even started the 2nd race of the first combo. It was almost midnight before the third combo was ready to start and I just bailed at that point.

A certain driver couldn't see another driver and we just kept working on it and working on it. When it was obvious where the problem lied. Instead of doing the same thing over again expecting a different result, it should be up to the driver responsible to just bow out for the betterment of everyone else. The driver with the connection issue is a great guy and everyone's buddy but when it's 10:30pm and we are starting the 2nd Cape race then we need to trim the fat and move on but no one wanted to pull the trigger on that decision.

Once that race was over, there was a host switch due to one driver still not seeing another. And the problem persisted, rooms were not set up right, settings had to be reset and on and on.

Everyone in there is great and racecraft is great...all is well. But dang, some of us can't stay up that late. I bet it didn't finish until 12:30am. Waiting for your buddy to reset his router, clear cache and restart his PS3 for the 5th time is not solving anything.

I am not the guy throwing anyone under the bus...but I really hated leaving because everything is taking so long. We should be done by 11:30pm. Not 12:30. It's only 90mins of track time max....so we spent an hour and a half not fixing anything.

Sorry. I am new but it was really frustrating. I don't want the D8 guys to hate me for speaking out but the needs of the many outweigh etc etc.

When i used to run Division 7 as non fixed host, drivers had a problem seeing each other. Once i started to run the room as fixed host where the room connection is solely on my internet connection, drivers are able to see each other. Don't know if the host of D8 is using non fixed or fixed host for the room setting. Just letting you know, it might help for next Sunday's race.

Yeah, it was late, but still a great night of racing. D8 is a learning division, it's where most of the NEW guys end up when they join. Glitches are expected, you work them out and carry on. Last night was an anomaly, it's not always that late. Patience mon ami. The guys waited for me when I screwed up, I mean, it's the internet, it ain't perfect....yet.

GTD-druid, man are they putting you through the ringer. I sure hope all the effort pays off. I'm getting tired of beating on all these Americans, be nice to have some fresh meat from the other side of the pond to chew on.. Welcome.

Yeah, it was late, but still a great night of racing. D8 is a learning division, it's where most of the NEW guys end up when they join. Glitches are expected, you work them out and carry on. Last night was an anomaly, it's not always that late. Patience mon ami. The guys waited for me when I screwed up, I mean, it's the internet, it ain't perfect....yet.

Yep im new, was later than i expected but fun. I was on traction control 0, asm off, abs 1, driving line off.

Noob thoughts: Just cause you spin out..dont give up on the race..plenty of time to gain on people ahead of you making the same mistakes . Also stay away from 1st lap 1st turn in while in the aston martin that takes a mile to brake.

Back