◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
and if you are unable to run a wired connection to your playstation it makes anything said moot .There are A LOT of reason why someone would not be able to run hardwired as an example it's not your house and your not allowed to drill holes through the walls, but your modem is in one spot as placed by your internet provider and your system is in another. Or you have kids and your not going to run a cable through your house for them to trip on or pull on or just generally mess with!

I get it now. I didn't put everything together the first time. The fact that he can't run wired makes the whole discussion moot. I'm caught up now.
I thought all hosts were supposed to run as fixed host since it usually leads to greater stability

They're only supposed to be running fixed host if they have a robust enough connection and have shown us the test results and have been given the OK to run fixed host. We haven't been enforcing this and there are a couple of hosts running fixed host who have not been given the go ahead to do so. They haven't encountered any problems so we've been letting it slide. I have noticed at the start of race night when I'm checking rooms that these hosts who are running fixed host and haven't been given the OK to do so have rooms that show one or fewer signal bars when viewed in the list of rooms.

I have a slower ping rate than desired, 129ms. That's just a public announcement. However, I have a question. How do I enable/install Java so the Packet Loss test will work?

lol try a closer server
I think trying a further server would be better. SInce it is not likely that the person hosting is going to be within 50 miles of you, and if they are, it is not guaranteed that they will be there from one season to the next. The further the test, the better one can judge the overall.

I think trying a further server would be better. SInce it is not likely that the person hosting is going to be within 50 miles of you, and if they are, it is not guaranteed that they will be there from one season to the next. The further the test, the better one can judge the overall.
yes! But what I was after was a close server test and the long server test so I could compare them to what i did earlier in the day. Which is why I then pinged off of a server in san fran to compare to hers

i wish it was as good as it use to be but we would have to revolt to get it that good again! But yeah its part of our taxes but if my wife decided to have another kid its not gonna cost me 2 grand so i'll take it
you mean like this?

free%20pic.jpg

2 questions.

1. So, since my host is in NY, would my system be running like the longer ping test showed 105?

2. In the settings, if the room is set up with a "VERY HIGH" Race Setting will that create more of a issue with lag that a setting of "HIGH"?

2 questions.

1. So, since my host is in NY, would my system be running like the longer ping test showed 105?

2. In the settings, if the room is set up with a "VERY HIGH" Race Setting will that create more of a issue with lag that a setting of "HIGH"?
try pinging to ny go for a server on the coast

and that is the way it was handled, so i hope that person understands why we did what we did

The part that surprised me when I watch the replay was the person who was most upset about the disconnection was in 11th Pl. when people started getting disconnected. That is worth five whole points.

OK so far i have 2 votes for the stratos 1 for the delta wing, XBow, Renault 5 turbo, and the btr. Remember only tell me the car! I don't need a reason and don't want a discussion on why or why not they should be here. I just want the car!

Free health care!
Free health care? Where did you hear this? We all pay for our health care up here. Every province has it's own medical plans, but we still pay through our high taxes. A lot of things are not covered either. At least we can get sick and not have to go bankrupt just to pay for treatment. Beauty, eh?

Free health care? Where did you hear this? We all pay for our health care up here. Every province has it's own medical plans, but we still pay through our high taxes. A lot of things are not covered either. At least we can get sick and not have to go bankrupt just to pay for treatment. Beauty, eh?
oh i'm not saying we are France or anything. lol just trying to entice Tucker to move to the good vancouver

Back