◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
Question??? ...What happens when GT7 comes out on the ps4 ? Will SNAIL take the leap right away or will we continue with GT6 for a while? Reason I ask is I'm thinking of finally getting a G27 to replace my DFGT . BUT G27 not compatible with ps4 and don't wanna waste money. plus I really have no desire to get a ps4 yet. GT7 will be the only reason for me to get one and I don't have 600 bucks laying around to get a wheel and a ps4.

Thoughts ??

Question??? ...What happens when GT7 comes out on the ps4 ? Will SNAIL take the leap right away or will we continue with GT6 for a while? Reason I ask is I'm thinking of finally getting a G27 to replace my DFGT . BUT G27 not compatible with ps4 and don't wanna waste money. plus I really have no desire to get a ps4 yet. GT7 will be the only reason for me to get one and I don't have 600 bucks laying around to get a wheel and a ps4.

Thoughts ??

I am in that same boat Grandpa. Whether I had the $600 or not, I won't be playing GT7 on the PS4 unless it supports my current controller set.

Thoughts ??

If it were me I'd stick with the DFGT if it isn't giving you issues, or look into the T300rs if you're worried about compatibility and just want something new/better - but the longer you wait the better of a deal you will probably get, and the less likely it is you'll buy something that will be a paperweight a year from now if you get the PS4.

Who knows? Maybe PD has a way to provide compatibility support to the logitech wheels once GT7 is out?

Thoughts ??
Your wheel will be worn out by the time GT7 on PS4 comes around. The latest is that GT7 will be released in 2015 or 2016. The way PD is doing things, it means late 2016 or even early 2017. I wouldn't worry about GT7 at this point and just take everything out of the G27....:)

I will be shocked if PD does not figure this out.

I am no PD fanboy - I am chapped at the absolute "load" promised but not delivered in GT6, and I am not sure I would drop $600 on a liar like Kaz.

Prize committee conversation initiated with both B and C prize winners this week regarding their selection process. I'm pretty sure Wolfy knows what to do.

Your wheel will be worn out by the time GT7 on PS4 comes around. The latest is that GT7 will be released in 2015 or 2016. The way PD is doing things, it means late 2016 or even early 2017. I wouldn't worry about GT7 at this point and just take everything out of the G27....:)
How often do people actually wear out wheels? My old DFP I've had since GT4 basically came out is still going strong at a friend's house. My G27 has showed no signs of slowing down either. But if PD pushes back the date like the did with GT5 that doesn't sound unreasonable.

Same here ... i dont really plan on buying a ps4 for several reasons ... one of them as mentioned wheel support ... and other reasons include their general decision making.

Im actually going to upgrade my pc with that money and enjoy pc gaming for a while.
my pc is already a beast apart from my grapbics card wich is pretty weak because when i built it i built it around music production and graphics card didnt had a higj priority ... but im going to buy a R9 280x 3gb in the next few days ... i already bought Assetto Corsa ... wich is really refreshing after playing gt6 for so long. I actually love being able to skin the cars ... as you guys might have noticed i like doing some graphics ... and creating my own liveries for cars like the m3 e30 is just alot of fun ... it was also fun on lfss2 ... i use to make skins for entire teams there.

Depending on how good gt7 will be ... it might be the only game i can get weak for.

How often do people actually wear out wheels? My old DFP I've had since GT4 basically came out is still going strong at a friend's house. My G27 has showed no signs of slowing down either. But if PD pushes back the date like the did with GT5 that doesn't sound unreasonable.

My G25 is almost 7 years old ...
It works like it did on its first day aswell.
And i played it on pc sims ALOT especially on lfss2 ...
i still use it today on pc and ps3.

Last edited:
Same here ... i dont really plan on buying a ps4 for several reasons ... one of them as mentioned wheel support ... and other reasons include their general decision making.

Im actually going to upgrade my pc with that money and enjoy pc gaming for a while.
my pc is already a beast apart from my grapbics card wich is pretty weak because when i built it i built it around music prodictions and graphics card didnt had a higj priority ... but im going to buy a R9 280x 3gb in the next few days ... i already bought Assetto Corsa ... wich is really refreshing after playing gt6 for so long. I actually love being able to skin the cars ... as you guys might have noticed i like doing some graphics ... and creating my own liveries for cars like the m3 e30 is just alot of fun ... it was also fun on lfss2 ... i use to make skins for entire teams there.

Dependong on how good gt7 will be ... it might be the only game i can get weak for.

A poor man's Assetto Corsa is Need For Speed ProStreet... In terms of livery editor at least, It's not bad for a PS2 ported game :P

Wow .. Thanks guys for the quick replies... @ConnorWolf My DFGT seems to be ok for now but I've noticed the upshift paddle getting a little weak plus I've heard so many good things about the G27 and I have a chance to get one, Amazon has them on sale again for $200.

@Rednose58 You are probably right , it will be 2 years and as @Handlebar mentioned still promised "stuff" left for GT6.

I think I'll roll the dice and get one .. Again thanks guys !

Wow .. Thanks guys for the quick replies... @ConnorWolf My DFGT seems to be ok for now but I've noticed the upshift paddle getting a little weak plus I've heard so many good things about the G27 and I have a chance to get one, Amazon has them on sale again for $200.

@Rednose58 You are probably right , it will be 2 years and as @Handlebar mentioned still promised "stuff" left for GT6.

I think I'll roll the dice and get one .. Again thanks guys !

good choice. Well worth $200.00. Ho Ho Ho merry christmas to you.

As per this post,

StewardsUpdate.jpg

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

@TBongX , @USERID_77a23 , @Wolfsatz Get your prize selections on!

We have 7 remaining incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is now NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, November 14th, 2014.​
Banners by @GamingPete

If your in a room with penalties turned off and a car ghosts at any time, it's because they pushed the start button.
Which they would do to avoid causing a huge carambolage if they were stationary infront of an oncomming pack.....makes sense. So therefore any ghost in a non penalty room is either trying to cause less damage.....or to get away with a cheat....either of which is easily discernable by a steward viewing the replay. BUT... Penalties must be turned off...so in the past if racing in a penalty on race it would be impossible to detect this action except by a case by case review of replays. Correct ?

.so in the past if racing in a penalty on race it would be impossible to detect this action except by a case by case review of replays. Correct ?

And, of course, with diligent reporting by any racer who prefers clean racing, natch!

Which they would do to avoid causing a huge carambolage if they were stationary infront of an oncomming pack.....makes sense. So therefore any ghost in a non penalty room is either trying to cause less damage.....or to get away with a cheat....either of which is easily discernable by a steward viewing the replay. BUT... Penalties must be turned off...so in the past if racing in a penalty on race it would be impossible to detect this action except by a case by case review of replays. Correct ?
With penalties turned on it's a bit harder to tell intent. The ghosting algorithms have always been sketchy at best, but generally downright useless in helping to determine who did what, where and why. With penalties turned off, it will make it much simpler to tell when someone has used that start button for advantage. This carombolage you speak of, is this a driver behind trying to ghost through the mess? If so, that is against the rules as well. All cars are to be treated as solid at all times.

Even if they ghosted to avoid damaging other cars, I still would think that it's not advisable to do. In penalty-off divisions, it's supposed to add a level of realism to the races, and ghosting to avoid damaging others is anything but. Don't ghost!

12: Ghost Cars:

A:

A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.
B:
If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non-ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state. This may be hard to tell if you use bumper cam, but do your utmost to determine your state. Naturally, if you are serving a penalty, assume you are ghosted.
C:
If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, you must avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while your car slows due to the penalty. Passing through a ghost car that is not entirely out of control in an effort to pass them will bring a penalty.
D:
If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other non-ghosted cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.
E:
If your car is a ghost you are not allowed to intentionally drive through other cars, just as they are not allowed to drive through you. In short, all cars on the track should be considered solid, no matter what state the game displays them.

F:
In the event of an accident ahead of you in which cars have the potential to be ghosted, you should treat this incident as if the cars in front of you are going to be solid when you arrive. This means braking for an accident in front of you and not just trying to run through it at full speed.

Once the penalties are off in all divisions, the only way to ghost a car will be to use the pause button and let the game take over your car. You're not going to gain any positions doing this as the game reduces your speed more quickly than you can with your brakes. The places where advantage can be gained is saving an accident, the game will slow you down and straighten your car out, and returning to the track. You can get through the grass faster and in more control with the game controlling your car.

There is no acceptable time to use the pause button to allow the game to have control of your car. If you are stuck on the grid, leave the race. You're finishing last either way. If you're going to plow into the field because you have missed a brake point, use your brakes and steering to try to avoid contact. If you have to drive off the track (preferable to the outside of an upcoming corner) then drive off the track and lose that time to the field. It was your mistake, deal with it. If you can't avoid the contact, that's racing, it's your mistake and now you need to answer to the stewards for causing a pile up because you weren't paying attention.

Using a glitch to save yourself or others is not acceptable and will be heavily penalized when reported or found.

What if like me my TV turns of magically. Every one in D6 has seen it happen:)
Once the penalties are off in all divisions, the only way to ghost a car will be to use the pause button and let the game take over your car. You're not going to gain any positions doing this as the game reduces your speed more quickly than you can with your brakes. The places where advantage can be gained is saving an accident, the game will slow you down and straighten your car out, and returning to the track. You can get through the grass faster and in more control with the game controlling your car.

There is no acceptable time to use the pause button to allow the game to have control of your car. If you are stuck on the grid, leave the race. You're finishing last either way. If you're going to plow into the field because you have missed a brake point, use your brakes and steering to try to avoid contact. If you have to drive off the track (preferable to the outside of an upcoming corner) then drive off the track and lose that time to the field. It was your mistake, deal with it. If you can't avoid the contact, that's racing, it's your mistake and now you need to answer to the stewards for causing a pile up because you weren't paying attention.

Using a glitch to save yourself or others is not acceptable and will be heavily penalized when reported or found.

hahah that happened to me once aswell, i forgot to turn off the auto shut off timer ...
i ended up "missing" braking point and scrubbed a car and i just self reported that i missed my braking point.

I'm not going to address every freak thing that might happen but there would obviously be some circumstances that may warrant an exception. If my TV turned off by itself, I would be more worried about why my TV wasn't working then weather or not I would incur a penalty if it happened during a race.

Back