◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Sure... and once we see evidence of a second pedal being used regularly when needed, Ascari may even be enjoyed... Just sayin' - some things are optional, and others, when stated as "Must not..." or similar verbiage, means...

Do what you absolutely have to do to make sure you "not" the "must not" condition.

It ain't 'fast' if it doesn't follow the rules. Seems simple 'nuff.

Yes, discussion was had on Ascari, and it wasn't brief.

Not rehashing it here, too busy checking other issues... but Must NOT = NOT.

In simplest form: The grass next to concrete triangles at the chicanes = MUST NOT touch.

Info above is the where, how, and why.

Sorry, I must not what? :lol:

All,

You can blame the storm of IRs for OOBs that is coming for racing at Ascari on me, and, whomever spoke the wrong thing at the wrong time. I heard that "challenge" and put the call out to the Steward Corps, and they have responded in kind. We've been bound up to this point by our rule of not looking for things to penalize. That challenge has changed that, and the evidence is overwhelming that, at least at Ascari, this action by the Steward Corps is more than warranted.

Some history about SNAIL and Ascari.

Our track boundary rules have long been defined by Section 15 of the SNAIL OLR. There have always been exceptions to rules and several of the tracks we run have required, if not out and out exceptions (as is the case with Ascari), clarification of what is considered OOB or not. Those clarifications were discussed and those tracks requiring it were listed here. When Ascari was finally picked, analysis and discussion occurred, and it was decided to relax the white line and change in surface rule simply to allow drivers a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of getting through those chicanes cleanly. Pictures and explanations of what was allowed and what would be considered penalty worthy was posted here, in March of 2014. A reminder to everyone to have another look was posted last week, on the 7th, well before racing on the 11th, here.

It would appear we have settled the prize winners for this week and another Steward's Update will be coming later tonight to advise those prize winners who they are. This is not to say they will get away with any OOB violations. It just means that, as defined here, those OOB penalties, filed by stewards, after the driver deadline, will not affect prize eligibility.

edit, ninja'd on practically all of this by @CoachMK21

turn penalties on then, if it's just a resort then the grass doesn't matter. I cut more then i wanted, but i do slow down and let the car behind catch back up. I was more worried about getting run over if I went to slow, it is D2 you know.
I see room host all the time let people leave and come back, but I had to leave, because I couldn't see the track. 30 to 60 second to clear cache and the host couldn't wait.

Penalties are ... horribly inconsistent.

If you had to leave to clear cache, you're supposed to get 3 minutes...

I see room host all the time let people leave and come back, but I had to leave, because I couldn't see the track. 30 to 60 second to clear cache and the host couldn't wait.

Not quite all the facts there @ONESPACE :irked:

You dropped right at the start qualifying and I didn't notice it until you came back into the room. At that point qualifying was well under way so I decided to let those that were running to just continue. You got your apology right after qualifying and before the race started. Not sure what your angle is by bringing it up on the thread 2 days later.

stewardsupdate-jpg.253905

This week's prize winners have changed and are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The prize winners are;
Please see this post for instructions and guidance on making your selections.

We currently have 68 incidents on file. That number will be going up as the week progresses.

Banner by @GamingPete

Prize A:
After spending the past 2 days trying to figure out a combo that's never been done before as well as fun for all divisions. I have chosen the Mini Marcos GT '70 at The Stowe Circuit.
The car is at 391PP(after oil change), comfort soft tires, FF drivetrain.
My fastest lap time (D6) is 1:08.4 but my average lap time is 1:09s

Prize A:
After spending the past 2 days trying to figure out a combo that's never been done before as well as fun for all divisions. I have chosen the Mini Marcos GT '70 at The Stowe Circuit.

Racing in its purest form... Grassroots style!

Prize A:
What manufacturer makes the marcos

Prize A:

Nice pick @goofytyler! This was the second car I ever raced online back when I raced with reptiles (or amphibians, depending on who you ask).

Prize A:
Is Stowe Circuit a city course?
I don't recall that one.

Back