◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
is it possible for me to join in on this?

@Sinyster

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Speaking of "happy and harmonious", I gotta say I'm really loving the vibe on this thread lately. There will always be differences of opinions within any large and diverse group (especially one that communicates over the internet), but I've noticed a marked reduction in negativity and a significant increase in positive energy and conversation around here. 👍

Even when we argue, it's done more respectfully than in the past, and nobody seems hellbent on escalating things into personal attacks. I've also seen an increase in Team SNAIL activities such as division photos being posted and banner photos being submitted. Anyways, sorry for the mushiness.. I just wanted to drop a quick line a say how much I appreciate being a part of this. We're not just a racing league, we're a community - and that's pretty darn cool. :)

Hugs all around! :cheers:

cute-snail-hug.jpg

In other words:

keep_calm_and_love_snails_napkin-r4df0c8e7c74244209da4029a7a959202_2cfjc_8byvr_324_zpsqmjmtrjt.jpg

James May when asked who he thinks could replace Clarkson or who he's like to work with:

"As much as I think he's a knob, I quite like working with Jeremy."
They are really going to have to start from scratch. New presenters, slightly different format, let new guys come into their own. Actually I wouldn't mind Hammond staying, but really without Jeremy he will lose some charm as well.

I still watch BBC America for The Graham Norton Show and Doctor Who. I should get into Orphan Black though. I like sci-fi stuff and it has clones!

I still watch BBC America for The Graham Norton Show and Doctor Who. I should get into Orphan Black though. I like sci-fi stuff and it has clones!
Orphan Black is a pretty good show. Still working through season 2 and season 3 sounds like it is going to take things up another notch.

New wheel arrived yesterday as expected. I had to work and run basketball practice yesterday so I didn't get a lot of time to play around with it.

First impression (very brief) is that the feedback is much stronger and smoother than the G27 was. There is also a lot more detail to the feedback along with much more information being transmitted through the wheel.

I'll spend today adjusting and fine tuning the feedback settings. Does anyone here have the T300 and if so, what settings are you using for the torque and sensitivity? I started with the 4 and 8 that I was running for the G27 and it feels better than the G27 already.

Didn't Jeremy Clarkson say that if any of them were killed or whatever, the next word should be "anyway" and move on. Pity they can't live up to it...

New wheel arrived yesterday as expected. I had to work and run basketball practice yesterday so I didn't get a lot of time to play around with it.

First impression (very brief) is that the feedback is much stronger and smoother than the G27 was. There is also a lot more detail to the feedback along with much more information being transmitted through the wheel.

I'll spend today adjusting and fine tuning the feedback settings. Does anyone here have the T300 and if so, what settings are you using for the torque and sensitivity? I started with the 4 and 8 that I was running for the G27 and it feels better than the G27 already.

I was planning to get another G27 but this is tempting. Please keep giving us your updates. May decide to go for it as well.

I was planning to get another G27 but this is tempting. Please keep giving us your updates. May decide to go for it as well.

T300 with my G27 pedals might be the route I go too. I really like that new secondary wheel that was reviewed here on GTP, but $160 is steep! Maybe if I find a used but good condition T300.

[...] Does anyone here have the T300 and if so, what settings are you using for the torque and sensitivity? I started with the 4 and 8 that I was running for the G27 and it feels better than the G27 already.

I was using 8/9 on the G27 and ended up using 4/7 or 5/8 with the T300, I go back and forth. You'll also find one click makes a much bigger difference than with the G27. I also turned power steering off to keep the center feeling positive with the sensitivity turned down from where I had it.

Occasionally you'll come across a car (Like the Lotus 97T at monaco, or karts), where you want to manually reduce the steering rotation slightly as well. I think the G27 does it automatically for each car And the T300 doesn't.

" The crew" is a multiplatform game, including PC. Im pretty sure the g27 works in the game IF you have it on a PC. I didn't talk to Sony so I may be wrong with what I'm seeing in forums

Playstation customer service employees are known for telling customers what they want to hear just to get them off the phone. It doesn't have to be the truth, it just has to make the customer happy at the moment. When they call back, mad about being lied to, someone else will have to take that call.

Edit: Link to ubisoft discussion board. Post is from a community manager over there.

Last edited:
" The crew" is a multiplatform game, including PC. Im pretty sure the g27 works in the game IF you have it on a PC. I didn't talk to Sony so I may be wrong with what I'm seeing in forums

I have it on PC and it works fine. Next time I play it I'll check the clutch and shifter, haven't checked them yet.

Playstation customer service employees are know for telling customers what they want to hear just to get them off the phone. It doesn't have to be the truth, it just has to make the customer happy at the moment. When they call back mad about being lied to, someone else will have to take that call.

Strikingly similar to my boss!

I finished my review of 16 incidents this week.

I will be out of town this week for Spring Break and will not be racing OR Steward-ing.

No PS3 in Arizona. May be able to dig up my ol' 5200 - I think there's a 2600 in there somewhere... but I think that's the most current console from my parent's house.

:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

C17.jpg

Hi all SNAILS. IT'S MID WEEK!! Time to get my SNAIL on hehe. I will be hosting my usual mid week sessions tonight. Lets try and make it for this week's banners if not let's just have a blast like always and hone our skills for the week end. As always sharing of tips and knowledge is always appreciated and tends to make the night more fun.
PS. Please do not enter room just to set fastest time and leave.
On that note , all snails, have a good night and hope to see my usual suspects @STEAMER62 @pubason and Mr. @TomMang_68 @USERID_77a23 for their fountains of knowledge :bowdown:

and on that BOMB SHELL let's jam.:cheers: now to sort a new playlist. hmmm choices choices:gtpflag:

:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

View attachment 337231

Hi all SNAILS. IT'S MID WEEK!! Time to get my SNAIL on hehe. I will be hosting my usual mid week sessions tonight. Lets try and make it for this week's banners if not let's just have a blast like always and hone our skills for the week end. As always sharing of tips and knowledge is always appreciated and tends to make the night more fun.
PS. Please do not enter room just to set fastest time and leave.
On that note , all snails, have a good night and hope to see my usual suspects @STEAMER62 @pubason and Mr. @TomMang_68 @USERID_77a23 for their fountains of knowledge :bowdown:

and on that BOMB SHELL let's jam.:cheers: now to sort a new playlist. hmmm choices choices:gtpflag:
May I suggest :

Back