◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
Hmmm, starting to make sense now. Here we are, all upset the internet is holding us back. The magically thing know as the Internet, that allows us to race each other no matter where we are in the world, so holding us back, haha :P

Well. Crud. Charging up the new Turtle Beach headset and an artillery barrage from the sky has knocked out power.

Time for a nap I reckon. TT setup will have to wait now too.

d6a259d97ef30d94c6a8522d6d9ccbd9.375x474x1.jpg

I enjoy the coincidence that Jefferson could have written something along the lines of "Four score and seven years ago, our forefathers guaranteed our individual freedoms with the English Bill of Rights, and these include... etc..."

OK! how do you/I get my race from the stick to you tube or PC??
HELP!!
I WANT TO SEND IT OR HAVE A FRIEND VIEW IT!

Last edited:
@Falango @Dragonwhisky I wonder if multiple connections in a SNAIL time trial/qualifying will affect the physics processing... (just blue lines).

If not you'd think that qualifying times and fast laps would be further apart if there were a lot of connections, right? I haven't seemed to notice my TT times drop with more connections though.

OK! how do you/I get my race from the stick to you tube or PC??
HELP!!
I WANT TO SEND IT OR HAVE A FRIEND VIEW IT!

Saved race replays will not play on any device other than a PS3. If you want to get a race to youtube or a PC as a video file you will either need a video capture device or a camera pointed at the TV screen.

If you're looking to send the replay to someone else, you need to copy the filed from the stick to the PC (never renaming it) and then zip the file and upload it to a shared site or email it to the other user. They would then need to reverse the process and play it on their PS3.

Saved race replays will not play on any device other than a PS3. If you want to get a race to youtube or a PC as a video file you will either need a video capture device or a camera pointed at the TV screen.

If you're looking to send the replay to someone else, you need to copy the filed from the stick to the PC (never renaming it) and then zip the file and upload it to a shared site or email it to the other user. They would then need to reverse the process and play it on their PS3.
Perhaps I could also get some help on a related note. Since my epic data loss incident a few weeks ago I have been diligently backing up my saved game data to a USB drive.

When I look for the data on my PS3 it says "No data found."

When I do a current save, the PS3 says the current file has to be overwritten, and when I plug the USB into my laptop I can see the saved files. Anyone know what's causing this?

Perhaps I could also get some help on a related note. Since my epic data loss incident a few weeks ago I have been diligently backing up my saved game data to a USB drive.

When I do a current save, the PS3 says the current file has to be overwritten, and when I plug the USB into my laptop I can see the saved files. Anyone know what's causing this?

In order to back up an individual game save file to a USB stick you need to go to "Saved Data Utility" in the PS3's xmb menu. Once there go find the Gran Turismo 6 file. Once selected, press the triangle button and select copy. The PS3 will then prompt you to select the destination. Select the USB stick and that's it. You will now have a copy of your save data on your USB stick. If you ever lose your data, you will be able to copy that file from the stick to the PS3 and restart from the point it was copied.

It's also possible the USB stick is formatted under the NTFS format. So far as I know the PS3 will write to an NTFS drive but will not read from it. PM me if you'd like to PSN chat and I can help you troubleshoot further and walk you through setting up the USB stick for the PS3.

Thanks to both for the responses!

In order to back up an individual game save file to a USB stick you need to go to "Saved Data Utility" in the PS3's xmb menu. Once there go find the Gran Turismo 6 file. Once selected, press the triangle button and select copy. The PS3 will then prompt you to select the destination. Select the USB stick and that's it. You will now have a copy of your save data on your USB stick. If you ever lose your data, you will be able to copy that file from the stick to the PS3 and restart from the point it was copied.

This is the process I used, and it seemed to work fine. But when I go to "Saved Data Utility" now, then click on the USB icon, I get the "No data found" message. I basically wanted to confirm the data is there, and don't have a warm fuzzy feeling.

It's also possible the USB stick is formatted under the NTFS format. So far as I know the PS3 will write to an NTFS drive but will not read from it. PM me if you'd like to PSN chat and I can help you troubleshoot further and walk you through setting up the USB stick for the PS3.

I'm thinking this may be the alley I need to investigate. I'll PM you with details.

I did notice myself when I raced offline in time trials, my braking zones were deeper and I could carry more apex speed. The few times I did practice offline back when I joined SNAIL, I took those combos online, to empty rooms, because I didn't want to get in anyone's way, and went deep on those braking zones when I used the same markers.

Yes, I've always noticed the same. Alone on vs. alone off, Im always faster offline. I never use offline for practice anymore. Even considering "lag" is the reason, in live time it "feels" like there's simply less grip online.

I imagine the game "time" is still an accurate reproduction of time no matter the circumstance, but the way the game processes the information online just makes everything "react" later, and thusly our reaction are also "later"?

Just to give everyone a heads up. Promotion and relegation, along with new driver placement, will be done and posted tomorrow night sometime between 9 PM and midnight pacific time. The majority of the work is done already. It's just a matter of making sure I have all the new drivers in so that I don't have to re-work everything after I add them to the mix.

Hello my fellow SNAILs! What does an old friend have to do to get back into this fine league? :D School will be coming to a close in a little over a month and besides having to study for exams I have more free time than I did before. However, I won't be racing this Sunday (April 5th) because I don't want to make Bowler do anymore work. Plus, it'll be easter so it'll be a bit of family time so it'll serve as a nice day off from gaming (hopefully). My racer's blood is boiling and pumping so I plan on coming back on April 12th. Thanks for the quick response and I hope to be back on track soon with all of you!

Hello my fellow SNAILs! What does an old friend have to do to get back into this fine league? :D School will be coming to a close in a little over a month and besides having to study for exams I have more free time than I did before. However, I won't be racing this Sunday (April 5th) because I don't want to make Bowler do anymore work. Plus, it'll be easter so it'll be a bit of family time so it'll serve as a nice day off from gaming (hopefully). My racer's blood is boiling and pumping so I plan on coming back on April 12th. Thanks for the quick response and I hope to be back on track soon with all of you!

Welcome back @DriftinAssassin!

Start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join Re-Join". We'll fill you in on all the particulars in the conversation. 👍

Can someone tell who is the matermind of the 'officialsnailpromo video'?
@brntguy is the mastermind
His name is at the end of the video, but I've tagged @brntguy on the first post (below the video) to ensure that there's no future confusion on who is behind the epic video! 👍
I just reshared @brntguy at one of the communities called 'Sim Racing Videos' the site owner called it 'Spectacular'.

and BTW... I never get tired from watching either!
I know what you mean.. I watch it just for fun sometimes too. :lol:

I just watched the video again for the first time in quite a while. I saw my own car at least 5 times. Excellent job by @brntguy putting it together.

We need to get him and @zer05ive on the track for a Sunday night.

On a side note, 13 miillion more credits and I will have the last car that I need to complete my collection of every car in GT6. For those that don't know, I had completed this task within a month of the game coming out by using the credit glitch but I deleted that save file because I was bored already. Once I have the last car, I will own them all without the use of any glitch or bug. Just the time consuming work of grinding it out.

Hey everyone! This is my first post here on the forums.. been lurking around for a little while though. Hopefully this is the right way to initiate this (if my reading comprehension serves me..), but I'm looking to join up! Hope to hear back from someone soon.

I just watched the video again for the first time in quite a while. I saw my own car at least 5 times. Excellent job by @brntguy putting it together.

We need to get him and @zer05ive on the track for a Sunday night.

On a side note, 13 miillion more credits and I will have the last car that I need to complete my collection of every car in GT6. For those that don't know, I had completed this task within a month of the game coming out by using the credit glitch but I deleted that save file because I was bored already. Once I have the last car, I will own them all without the use of any glitch or bug. Just the time consuming work of grinding it out.
If @brntguy races with us on Sunday night, I'll end my two year hiatus! :cool:

Latest Posts

Back