◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
Pre-race update from Watkins Glen. Car was tech last night and I got my gear checked today. I was in the garage and recognized someone. It was Nic Hammann, 2014 NA GT Academy winner. He's racing in a rental seat to learn the track for when he returns for the IMSA event next month.

I'll be racing in the final stint today, from 4-5 pm.

20150522_110041.jpg

Ok guys these are the different ideas i ended up with. but before i go on i need some feed back. so out of the images pm me or tag me in a reply to let me know which ones work and which ones don't. i could keep it all random for the videos , heheh but then again i am thinking of keeping it all uniform and standard. so yeah thanks for your imputs View attachment 370808 View attachment 370803 View attachment 370804 View attachment 370805 View attachment 370806
@Wolfsatz @TomMang_68 @DesertPenguin09 @FlipJ @USERID_77a23

IF I may... What's this all about? Looks interesting :) pardon me, I've been out to sea for a few days.

@Falango lol does this meet your standards? hehehe , well i followed your advice and reduced the gradient a bit. good thing you know what you are talking about or else it would be like the blind leading the blind @dessert let me know which one is best

Pre-race update from Watkins Glen. Car was tech last night and I got my gear checked today. I was in the garage and recognized someone. It was Nic Hammann, 2014 NA GT Academy winner. He's racing in a rental seat to learn the track for when he returns for the IMSA event next month.

View attachment 370867
That's crazy random and infinitely cool. And just to be in the same garages that the pros use when they're at The Glen. Very nice dude

IF I may... What's this all about? Looks interesting :) pardon me, I've been out to sea for a few days.
welcome back lessen. it's just an idea my brother and i had over the week end when he stayed at mine for race night on sunday gone. according to him he thinks we need a stronger presence online,ie youtube,twitter,fb,etc, . I showed him all the great work the SNAIL team does with our stats and scores and such and such. He thinks we have the best run league online he's come across and for what we done at SNAIL, we should have a stronger online presence so here i am doing my bit to get people talking and interested in SNAIL. I havent done any graphic design in like 8 years and just getting refreshed with the whole concept again. hopefully i can only get better. the images i uploaded are to be used in videos for replays of race nights. I was hoping D6 SNAILS would jump on it so i can use them for next week's race highlights. OH well still early days

Mandatory tire change. You have to use both compounds. How long you want to use each compound is up to you, as long as you use both.
Is there a minimum number of times you have to use each compound? Like I can start on SM, do one stint, and complete the rest of the race on SS?

Is there a minimum number of times you have to use each compound? Like I can start on SM, do one stint, and complete the rest of the race on SS?

As long as you use both compounds you can do what you want...that's where you're strategy comes in. For example you may be able to do more laps with SM and possibly save a pit stop but SS will have faster lap times...which will one will be faster over 90 minutes is the question.

As long as you use both compounds you can do what you want...that's where you're strategy comes in. For example you may be able to do more laps with SM and possibly save a pit stop but SS will have faster lap times...which will one will be faster over 90 minutes is the question.
Could you sign me up as a back-up please ,I would like to give it a go THANK YOU .:)👍

View attachment 370867

Good Luck Mark! Show'em how its done!

I like the first one, looks great!

I know I critique a lot of the visuals that end up in this thread. It's just my nature and it's what I go through every day at work. Been developing a keen eye for what is visually stimulating, and you definitely got something good going here!
Thanks @Falango , I honestly always try to keep you and a few guys , @TomMang_68 and few others (you know who you are :bowdown:) ,from finding faults in my visuals but never take offence to it when I fall shall of the genral mark. And in all honesty it is helping.

So on that bomb shell , I have it now all that's left is making time to race one of these nights for some images. Will most likely jump in a room if any of my usual 'orange mango' SNAILs have a room open just to save a replay or two for about a 3-4 min ''test reel'' hehe first one was a little short i know.

:cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown:
:cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown::cheers::bowdown:
My nine year old insisted as a compromise for her to go to bed early on a friday night i let her click on all these smileys smh

Look out for a post tonight. I'm going to open a practice room for the GT-R NISMO Endurance race. We'll run some practice laps and do a few 15-minute races so that you can practice your pit strategy. I'll try and open the room before 8:00 pm Mountain Time (10:00 PM Eastern Time)

Remember to install your restrictor plates as per the divisional handicaps indicated in this post.

GT-R Nismo.png

The key to endurance racing is to be patient and smooth. Hit your brake points, turn in smooth, accelerate smooth. You don't win the race in the first corner. Trying too hard is sometimes much slower than keeping it "in the zone".

I like the second one but the gradient on the font is thet only thing I really don't like. Overall the whole thing should be brighter too, in my opinion.
no worries. i just wanted to know the best lay out .
On enduro race i am so gutted i wont be available for that but good luck to all taking part especiall Orange Mangoes tom, sinna etc

Look out for a post tonight. I'm going to open a practice room for the GT-R NISMO Endurance race. We'll run some practice laps and do a few 15-minute races so that you can practice your pit strategy. I'll try and open the room before 8:00 pm Mountain Time (10:00 PM Eastern Time)

Remember to install your restrictor plates as per the divisional handicaps indicated in this post.

The key to endurance racing is to be patient and smooth. Hit your brake points, turn in smooth, accelerate smooth. You don't win the race in the first corner. Trying too hard is sometimes much slower than keeping it "in the zone".

From the mouth of Sir Jackie, talking about a Lotus driver:

"The mind has to be the master over natural ability. Having been there and had very, very few collisions in my career, I know that to finish first, first you must finish, and that you never win a race on the first corner, but you'll quite often lose one there."

And no, he wasn't talking about Pastor, but Grosjean.

View attachment 371143
Why Very Fast instead of Fast then? Just curious. I'm gonna practice in case I get in.

I'm gonna run some laps later to see how long a stint it. You said 15 minute races to practice pit strategy. That makes me think the longest SM would last is less than 15 minutes. That's really odd timing. I remember hearing someone say it will be a 6 stop race. Why? Most 90 minute races that IMSA/TUDOR do would probably be 3-4 stops. Maybe 5 at most. That's still adding a lot of strategy. The more pit stops you add, the more spread out the field will likely be by the end, just based on different pit strategy.

Gonna eat dinner now.

Last edited:

View attachment 371143

you beat me to it.. I was thinking of doing 20 minute races...

@Rednose58 @MajorBlixem
Can I bargain with you guys? How about FAST tire ware. Very Fast usually means.. you run 3 laps and all other laps you are just trying to keep it on track without really racing.

I've participated in other series with very fast tire ware and it was NO fun because you are mostly fighting the car instead of racing with others.

Very Fast = Bigger Challenge. The tire wear is a major factor in the race
I ran over 170 miles the other night so im aware of the tire degradation on both compounds. it's an interesting and fun combo for sure. I was able to put down a 2:10.xxx on SS using full PP, then was reminded of the handicap. Ultimately put my fastest lap in the 2.09.xxx on SM tires :) @DesertPenguin09 you are not off base mentioning 6 pits with the very fast tire/fuel setting. I'll be down for some more practice tonight @Rednose58 and @MajorBlixem

Last edited:
I ran over 170 miles the other night so im aware of the tire degradation on both compounds. it's an interesting and fun combo for sure. I was able to put down a 1:10.xxx on SS using full PP, then was reminded of the handicap. Ultimately put my fastest lap in the 1.09.xxx on SM tires :) @DesertPenguin09 you are not off base mentioning 6 pits with the very fast tire/fuel setting. I'll be down for some more practice tonight @Rednose58 and @MajorBlixem

I assume you mean 2:09's ..you need a Red Bull to do a 1:09 around Silverstone!

If you do a 2:09 on SM then I'm in trouble!

@Rednose58 @MajorBlixem
Can I bargain with you guys? How about FAST tire ware. Very Fast usually means.. you run 3 laps and all other laps you are just trying to keep it on track without really racing.

I've participated in other series with very fast tire ware and it was NO fun because you are mostly fighting the car instead of racing with others.
you can get 6 - 7 competitive laps depending on driver style and tyre choice

fixed my times Major :P lol i did 1 lap at a 2:09.570 on SM then called it a night :) haven't repeated it yet ;)

Last edited:

@Rednose58 @MajorBlixem

LOL not negotiable! The idea is not to go maverick for 3 laps and then spin out on the last 2 laps.

Smooth is the key to good lap times for the whole stint

Back