◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,808 comments
A quick update. We are out of the race. Our first driver, my cousin JC, hit a patch of oil or antifreeze going into the ankle of the boot and spun and hit the wall pretty hard on the driver's side, then the car rebounded off the tire wall and rolled.

He's fine. The safety of the car, the roll cage and the seat did their job. But the car is done for now. Sheared off the engine mounts and broke the distributor. Replaced the distributor so it starts and runs fine, but a lot of damage on the driver's side, some on the roof and the right front tire/tie rod is not good.

View attachment 372976 View attachment 372977 View attachment 372978

Sorry to hear that Coach. Glad to hear the car did it's job and protected your cousin.

Day 3 is upon us at Watkins Glen. Today we have a 6 hour event and I'll be driving the final 1:15 or so.

On both Friday and Saturday we finished 3rd in class out of 13 cars and 30th and 27th overall, respectively out of 81 total cars.

It took me a few laps to get a good rhythm on Friday, but I soon started running some fast and consistent laps in our Volvo. I had the best lap time on our team, 2:34.328. Last fall my best lap was 2:37, I think. Our A/F ratio was on the rich side, 9.8-10.0 when it should be 11.5. We were using about 11 gallons an hour. The brain trust decided to bump the boost from 8lbs to 9lbs, which is the max we can set it to currently. Each of us ran 1 hour stints with my Uncle not getting in the car on Friday.

On Saturday, my Uncle started off with an hour and also ran the last hour. He's not as fast as the other 4 of us, but at 70 years old, to only be 7-9 seconds slower per lap is pretty good. The rest of us ran 90 minute segments and I went second. Right away I started running really well with faster laps than Friday. My best lap ended up at 2:33.254. My cousin, JC beat that once with a 2:32.3. I gained 20 positions in 28 laps, moving from 49th to 29th.

Today the 5 of us will evenly split the 6 hours, but try to pit a bit early if there is a caution.

Here are my laps from Friday and Saturday. You can follow along at www.race-monitor.com starting at 10 am or a little after.

View attachment 372677 View attachment 372678 View attachment 372679 View attachment 372680

Sorry for the delay. He's in car #550. They had some issues of Friday, but seemed to run better on Saturday.
You go Mark! Love getting your updates. Must be hard to race and text at the same time! (jk) I'm rooting for you and your team! Godspeed and stay safe.
👍
Wow, sorry Mark! I should've scrolled down and read more of the thread before posting...Glad your cousin is ok! That is a tough way to have your race end.You all are in my prayers everytime you get out on the track!
:)

Last edited:
I have to wait another 10 minutes for it to be broadcast here. But I got the 500 on now, fairly entertaining race.

Fairly entertaining... the last 15 laps my heart was pumping like crazy... wow!!!!!!

622x350.jpg

18059429475_4754621aec_o.jpg

PS4

As the co-series director , we are happy to announce the formation of the new Project CARS World Road Racing Challange! Taking the lessons learned from both the RCS and TCS series, we bring you the first official SNAIL weekly series using the new Project CARS platform.

The new Project CARS World Road Racing Challange takes the best from both TCS and RCS as this 4 week per season will feature three 25 minute races each week using different classification of racing cars each week on some of the best tracks Project CARS has to offer.

Below are some of the following detials
  • Using PS4
  • Season 1 starts Tuesday June 9th, 2015
  • Tuesday Nights starting @ 8:00pm eastern (KOQ) with Main Event starting @ 9:00pm eastern
  • Season 1 Schedule - Nurburgring Sprint, Watkins Glen Short, Dubai Autodrome International & Le Circuit Bugatti
  • Season 1 Car - BMW M3 Gr.A (E30)
17424639254_673a9c5154_n.jpg

We are now accepting new drivers by signing up at the official World Road Racing Challange thread in the Project Cars Sub-forum here at GTPlanet

The first season starts in a couple and would love to have some quality SNAILS join the fun. Space is limited so if your interested, don't delay.

If you have any questions about the series, please let me know. Hope to see you on the track.

Regards, Grim, Zii & Warden

Last edited:
Fairly entertaining... the last 15 laps my heart was pumping like crazy... wow!!!!!!

622x350.jpg

Yea that was pretty intense. Good race overall for sure. I have every intention of being there for the 100th running of it next year. Just hope I can get some good tickets.

Edit note: Announcers just said that during the race at Monaco the drivers go thru just under 4000 gear changes. That's insane.

@CoachMK21 That's scary. Glad your cousin is ok. Sounded like a fun ride though! Cars are easily replaced. Lives are not.

Last edited:
A quick update. We are out of the race. Our first driver, my cousin JC, hit a patch of oil or antifreeze going into the ankle of the boot and spun and hit the wall pretty hard on the driver's side, then the car rebounded off the tire wall and rolled.

He's fine. The safety of the car, the roll cage and the seat did their job. But the car is done for now. Sheared off the engine mounts and broke the distributor. Replaced the distributor so it starts and runs fine, but a lot of damage on the driver's side, some on the roof and the right front tire/tie rod is not good.

Glad that your Cousin made it out ok after the crash, shows that all the required safety mechanisms works.

May 24 Enduro.png

Housekeeping Rules for tonight's race
- I will open the room at 9:00 PM EST tonight
- Please join the room promptly so we can determine if we can run the second room. The sooner we fill up the room the sooner we can give the go ahead for room 2
- If you are not on the driver's list please do not enter the main room.
- If we do open a second room your host will be @aLmk . An announcement will be made on the thread
- Do not open the second room before getting the go ahead.
- Substitute drivers should keep an eye on the thread tonight. @Rednose58 or I will call you on the thread to join the main room in case we have no shows.

Driver List

1. @Rednose58 (572 PP)
2. @MajorBlixem (577 PP)
3. @TomMang_68 (577 PP)
4. @STEAMER62 (582 PP)
5. @USERID_77a23 (577 PP)
6. @gtr3123 (572 PP)
7. @racingchamp30 (582 PP)
8. @jnmjeeper (577 PP)
9. @Adramike (577 PP)
10. @Kgffy (577 PP)
11. @singlepaddy (577 PP)
12. @Wolfsatz (577 PP)
13. @McTrucker (577 PP)
14. @JamCar0ne (582PP)
15. @polygrizz (582 PP)
16. @kickenit4evr (577 PP)

Substitute Drivers (If any of the drivers above can't make it the drivers on this list is in. Listed in order of priority)
1. @Tangled_Up (577 PP)
2. @DesertPenguin09 (577 PP)
3. @pubason (582 PP)
4. @Engmatic1 (582 PP)
5. @CanuckleheadII (577 PP)
6. @TBongX (577 PP)
7. @Lessen (577 PP)
8. @aLmk (572 PP) (Room 2 Host)
9. @IceManFan_7 (577 PP)
10. @GTP_Nobby (577 PP)
11. @Grandpa Money (577 PP)

PS. There is still time to signup!

Last edited:
As it stands now the grid is full for tomorrow night but I will add your name to the Reserve list in case drivers that are on the list can't make it.

Keep an eye on the thread tomorrow night to see if you get in or not
View attachment 373079

- Please join the room promptly so we can determine if we can run the second room. The sooner we fill up the room the sooner we can give the go ahead for room 2
- If we do open a second room your host will be @aLmk . An announcement will be made on the thread
- Substitute drivers should keep an eye on the thread tonight. @Rednose58 or I will call you on the thread to join the main room in case we have no shows.

Driver List

1. @Rednose58 (572 PP)
2. @MajorBlixem (577 PP)
3. @TomMang_68 (577 PP)
4. @STEAMER62 (582 PP)
6. @gtr3123 (572 PP)
8. @jnmjeeper (577 PP)
9. @Adramike (577 PP)
10. @Kgffy (577 PP)
12. @Wolfsatz (577 PP)
13. @McTrucker (577 PP)
14. @vsfit (582 PP)
15. @JamCar0ne (582PP)
16. @polygrizz (582 PP)

Substitute Drivers (If any of the drivers above can't make it the drivers on this list is in. Listed in order of priority)
1. @kickenit4evr (577 PP)
2. @Tangled_Up (577 PP)
3. @DesertPenguin09 (577 PP)
4. @pubason (582 PP)
5. @Engmatic1 (582 PP)
6. @CanuckleheadII (577 PP)
7. @TBongX (577 PP)
8. @Lessen (577 PP)
9. @aLmk (572 PP) (Room 2 Host)

Would you please put me on the backup list? i would also like to participate in the second, should there be one.

Thanks!

View attachment 373079

Driver List

1. @Rednose58 (572 PP)
2. @MajorBlixem (577 PP)
3. @TomMang_68 (577 PP)
4. @STEAMER62 (582 PP)
6. @gtr3123 (572 PP)
8. @jnmjeeper (577 PP)
9. @Adramike (577 PP)
10. @Kgffy (577 PP)
12. @Wolfsatz (577 PP)
13. @McTrucker (577 PP)
14. @vsfit (582 PP)
15. @JamCar0ne (582PP)
16. @polygrizz (582 PP)

2. @Tangled_Up (577 PP)
4. @pubason (582 PP)
5. @Engmatic1 (582 PP)
7. @TBongX (577 PP)
8. @Lessen (577 PP)

@MajorBlixem @Rednose58
While not 100% sure I can make it, there is a good chance I will be able to participate if a second room is opened and there is space available. Please include me on the backup drivers list at 577pp. Thank you!

Hi. I am interested in joining the snail organization. @WIDEeyedDRIVR Said to start here.

@SLIPSHADOW38

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

View attachment 373079

Driver List

1. @Rednose58 (572 PP)
2. @MajorBlixem (577 PP)
3. @TomMang_68 (577 PP)
4. @STEAMER62 (582 PP)
6. @gtr3123 (572 PP)
8. @jnmjeeper (577 PP)
9. @Adramike (577 PP)
10. @Kgffy (577 PP)
12. @Wolfsatz (577 PP)
13. @McTrucker (577 PP)
14. @vsfit (582 PP)
15. @JamCar0ne (582PP)
16. @polygrizz (582 PP)

2. @Tangled_Up (577 PP)
4. @pubason (582 PP)
5. @Engmatic1 (582 PP)
7. @TBongX (577 PP)
8. @Lessen (577 PP)
10. @IceManFan_7 (577 PP)
11. @GTP_Nobby (577 PP)

@MajorBlixem @Rednose58 I think I will try to make this .. No practice but hey looks like fun , my evening plans got rained out so .. (D3 so 577pp)
Thanks !

View attachment 373079

Driver List

1. @Rednose58 (572 PP)
2. @MajorBlixem (577 PP)
3. @TomMang_68 (577 PP)
4. @STEAMER62 (582 PP)
6. @gtr3123 (572 PP)
8. @jnmjeeper (577 PP)
9. @Adramike (577 PP)
10. @Kgffy (577 PP)
12. @Wolfsatz (577 PP)
13. @McTrucker (577 PP)
14. @vsfit (582 PP)
15. @JamCar0ne (582PP)
16. @polygrizz (582 PP)

2. @Tangled_Up (577 PP)
4. @pubason (582 PP)
5. @Engmatic1 (582 PP)
7. @TBongX (577 PP)
8. @Lessen (577 PP)
10. @IceManFan_7 (577 PP)
11. @GTP_Nobby (577 PP)

Sorry guys, I'm still at Indy, Not going to make it home in time. Was supposed to be on the road right after the race, but the parties are too good to pass up.

:-( Better luck next time.

Sorry guys, I'm still at Indy, Not going to make it home in time. Was supposed to be on the road right after the race, but the parties are too good to pass up.
I Do Not Like this. I was looking forward to running with you tonight, it's been ages since we've raced. Hope you have a safe trip home, and glad you got to experience a great race!

Back