◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,843 comments
Re: Indy Road Course, they're running the Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge race right now on Speed2, and the Grand-Am race is on at 4 on Speed. They haven't run the GP course in a while.

dabneyd
Re: Indy Road Course, they're running the Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge race right now on Speed2, and the Grand-Am race is on at 4 on Speed. They haven't run the GP course in a while.

I know! I set my DVR to record both. They haven't run there in a while. They must of found out that we're running it on Sunday. LOL!

Go Stevenson racing!

At this point ...... I don't even know where "there" is.
I printed several/many pages of Rules, Race Craft and SNAIL Spec Racing ...... but at first read it all sounds confusing. Will probably be rated as a "Z Class" driver .... IF I ever get on the track.
What's with the color choices? How do you get enough of those paint chips to paint all the cars you are required to purchase?
Too many questions ....... feel pretty stupid at this point.
See you tonight

I printed several/many pages of Rules, Race Craft and SNAIL Spec Racing ...... but at first read it all sounds confusing. Will probably be rated as a "Z Class" driver .... IF I ever get on the track.
What's with the color choices? How do you get enough of those paint chips to paint all the cars you are required to purchase?
See you tonight

I'm not sure I completely understand magic lap, but I'd really like to join in. Link to original post?

Magic lap from GT4 in a nutshell; the slowest car goes first with the faster cars given time delays in the hope that all of them cross the finish line at the exact same time (eg; the 300SL Merc from '54 might get, say, a minute head start on the '98 CLK GTR at Trial Mtn).

Edit: Goat with the ninjaing there, lol

Don't worry, Tex. It's not too confusing. We have divisions for all skill levels.

The cars to break in for this week are in this post right at the top. Don't worry about the previous weeks.

Eventually you'll get a welcome post from kcheeb with other info that you need.

For now, welcome aboard.

basically just race clean and with respect for others.

We can help you out with chips. :)

We all have been their, it's okay.

See you tonight

See you at Magic lap

See you tonight

The number of cars I have bought to get paint chips must be about 300-400. All my cars are colored according to whether they are stock or modified. All my modified are Rosso Corso. Which means I have to buy a Ferrari to get the paint chip to paint my cars:( But I bring that on myself for trying to keep everything so organized.

What's with the color choices?

The idea behind the colours (feel free to correct me, guys) is so you have an idea of who is around you purely by the car colour rather than trying to read the name :)

The number of cars I have bought to get paint chips must be about 300-400. All my cars are colored according to whether they are stock or modified. All my modified are Rosso Corso. Which means I have to buy a Ferrari to get the paint chip to paint my cars:( But I bring that on myself for trying to keep everything so organized.

I made a second account on my PS3. With the memory stick saving my game files, you save the game to it before sending any paints between accounts. Then, after sending them off, you overwrite the PS3 game file with the one from the memory stick and you have all your paints back. Then log into the other account and you get the ones you sent as gifts :)

Trickiest bit for me is that I have to keep checking the memory stick to see which account I have as the standard 'PS3' one for it to read (have to keep swapping the renaming process, lol)....lest I forget and overwrite my 1405 GT5 day account with the 4 GT5 day one :scared:

Last edited:
I know! I set my DVR to record both. They haven't run there in a while. They must of found out that we're running it on Sunday. LOL!

Go Stevenson racing!

Go BRIAN!! Have to root for the 370z and Last Years GTA winner. I believe he got the pole!! :)

KingBestJr
Go BRIAN!! Have to root for the 370z and Last Years GTA winner. I believe he got the pole!! :)

I've been a Stevenson fan since day one but if he messes up , Go Brian!

Last edited:
tezgm99
The idea behind the colours (feel free to correct me, guys) is so you have an idea of who is around you purely by the car colour rather than trying to read the name :)

I made a second account on my PS3. With the memory stick saving my game files, you save the game to it before sending any paints between accounts. Then, after sending them off, you overwrite the PS3 game file with the one from the memory stick and you have all your paints back. Then log into the other account and you get the ones you sent as gifts :)

Trickiest bit for me is that I have to keep checking the memory stick to see which account I have as the standard 'PS3' one for it to read (have to keep swapping the renaming process, lol)....lest I forget and overwrite my 1405 GT5 day account with the 4 GT5 day one :scared:

I make a point to change to a specific car when I dupe something. When it is time to overwrite, it is NOT the acct with the dummy car.

KingBestJr
Thats cool i and all the finalists this year got to meet Brian and pick his brain at National Finals he's a cool guy.

Always fun meeting a star! One day I'll meet the Stevenson crew. My company , NAPA , should sponsor a Rolex or Continental series car.

use two sticks

See you tonight

See you at Magic lap

TEX36, I just sent you a friend request from the SNAIL_Division3 account. You'll need access to that lounge in order to participate in tonight's Magic Lap racing.

I anyone wants to enjoy Magic Lap racing tonight, but doesn't have access to the D3 lounge, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can send you an FR to the SNAIL_Division3 account!

Have a great trip! We leave for Hilton Head, SC tomorrow.

Are you a golfer by chance? I've heard the golf in that area is amazing. We will be heading to the Grand Canyon with stopovers each way in Laughlin Nevada. I've got a Thursday morning tee time at Mojave Resort.

JLBowler
Are you a golfer by chance? I've heard the golf in that area is amazing. We will be heading to the Grand Canyon with stopovers each way in Laughlin Nevada. I've got a Thursday morning tee time at Mojave Resort.

WOW! I played there! Awesome track. The scenery is amazing! Bring your A game and don't get distracted by the sites.

fzappa
WOW! I played there! Awesome track. The scenery is amazing! Bring your A game and don't get distracted by the sites.

I golfed before I blew out L-5, L-6, S-1, and fragged my S-I joint a few years ago. Played in UK, Scotland, golf was my fave sport when I could play.

I golfed before I blew out L-5, L-6, S-1, and fragged my S-I joint a few years ago. Played in UK, Scotland, golf was my fave sport when I could play.

I used to be a 2 handicap until tightness:ouch: in my lower back kept me from playing alot. I used to play 4 times a week with my customers. I love golf and I don't play as much as I would like. Now I'm a 8 handicap but oh well:).
Then , Snail comes along and I am addicted to racing in Snail and Spec:tup:. So , thanks Snail and Spec!:)

fzappa
I used to be a 2 handicap until tightness:ouch: in my lower back kept me from playing alot. I used to play 4 times a week with my customers. I love golf and I don't play as much as I would like. Now I'm a 8 handicap but oh well:).
Then , Snail comes along and I am addicted to racing in Snail and Spec:tup:. So , thanks Snail and Spec!:)

I'll trade for tightness. Not looking forward to driving down to SC.

Back