◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,844 comments
Have been racing with "bloodredsky" and "chatva" in Street Only for several months. Just heard them talking about your League.
Am interested in joining - but not sure if my ability is good enough.
Want to give it a try though.

Question: Is there a way for someone to Watch your Sunday night races and see how it is done?

Thanks for considering my request,
TEX36 (On GT5 it is TEX-36)

Hey TEX36,

Glad you're following their lead 👍 No worries, as the gang has said, we'll find a place for you to get some good racing in :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. When you run the Time Trial and Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time, you'll be moved to the appropriate Division List. We do this to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

Shortly after that, a PSN friend request will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account for the Division you will be placed in. That lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Are you a golfer by chance? I've heard the golf in that area is amazing. We will be heading to the Grand Canyon with stopovers each way in Laughlin Nevada. I've got a Thursday morning tee time at Mojave Resort.

All this golf talk, cool. I used to play a lot but have found other things to spend my time on ;)

Got my handicap down to a 4, best I could muster. Stayed there for a few years and am now around a 10 ish.

Caddied for my brother today in the Club Championships, he shot 69 and has a 5 stroke lead :cool: Two more days to got though and a good group of golfers behind him :nervous:

Tonight was bad. Like really bad, at least for me. I only finished one race, and not just because of disconnection issues. There were several problems I'm going to have to address, so if you participated tonight in Magic Lap, or plan to in the future, check the first post of the Magic Lap thread in a few days. I'll be posting revisions in this thread and linking there, so just keep an eye out and make sure you see them before next week.

I'm going to run the same theme next week so we actually get enough racing. People wanted an open theme and it wouldn't be fair to them or me to just let tonight be it for that.

The most important thing for next week is to get your laptimes before you show up, as it wastes to much time. Secondly, if you got confused about anything with PP, forget everything you knew about it. I'm either going to clarify what I meant or just forget the whole idea. We'll see what happens.

Hi, schmiggz here...
i would like to choose the following colours for my cars:
body: Silvergray metallic
wheels: black

How close in colour are black and gunmetal (dabney uses that) to each other at speed? I don't want to create confusion :)

Good evening fellow SNAILS! I was doing a little re-familiarizing this evening and stumbled over the driving aid policy. Does it need to be updated to reflect the new division structure? With so many new folks joining the league, in it's current state it could be confusing.

Cheers!

I don't get to play as much as I'd like anymore. When I did play a couple times a week the best I could get to was a 13 handicap. I have managed to shoot 79 twice in my life on two different courses. I'm just not consistent enough do that all the time. One time I shot 79 and the next day shot 98.

Good evening fellow SNAILS! I was doing a little re-familiarizing this evening and stumbled over the driving aid policy. Does it need to be updated to reflect the new division structure? With so many new folks joining the league, in it's current state it could be confusing.

Good point, Exo! In fact, there are a lot of things on the original post that are outdated and I plan on updating it soon. In the meantime, the driving aid policy has been updated to reflect the fact that we now have four divisions.

kcheeb -
Enjoyed the Magic Lap last night - and my first exposure to S.N.A.I.L. drivers. Thanks to everyone for patience in dealing with First-Timers.
I would like to request the following Car color, Wheel color and Number:
White car - Blue Wheels - and the number 36. The number has a special significance to me.
Looking forward to Sunday Night,
TEX36

kcheeb -
Enjoyed the Magic Lap last night - and my first exposure to S.N.A.I.L. drivers. Thanks to everyone for patience in dealing with First-Timers.
I would like to request the following Car color, Wheel color and Number:
White car - Blue Wheels - and the number 36. The number has a special significance to me.
Looking forward to Sunday Night,
TEX36

Excellent, glad you enjoyed it 👍

Tonight was bad. Like really bad, at least for me. I only finished one race, and not just because of disconnection issues. There were several problems I'm going to have to address, so if you participated tonight in Magic Lap, or plan to in the future, check the first post of the Magic Lap thread in a few days. I'll be posting revisions in this thread and linking there, so just keep an eye out and make sure you see them before next week.

I'm going to run the same theme next week so we actually get enough racing. People wanted an open theme and it wouldn't be fair to them or me to just let tonight be it for that.

The most important thing for next week is to get your laptimes before you show up, as it wastes to much time. Secondly, if you got confused about anything with PP, forget everything you knew about it. I'm either going to clarify what I meant or just forget the whole idea. We'll see what happens.

dylansan -
Sorry for my part in the confusion last night. First-timer into the League and didn't understand the 2 cars instructions before arriving. Will be better prepared next time. I got disconnected right after the start of my last race .... so didn't get to convey my Thanks. Really appreciate everyone's patience in dealing with the Newbies.
Tex

dylansan -
Sorry for my part in the confusion last night. First-timer into the League and didn't understand the 2 cars instructions before arriving. Will be better prepared next time. I got disconnected right after the start of my last race .... so didn't get to convey my Thanks. Really appreciate everyone's patience in dealing with the Newbies.
Tex

A whole bunch of us got disconnected at the start of that race, I think there were only three that remained in the room :lol:

Your colours have been noted but you may need to change number or discuss it with Welsh_Don if you get put in the same division as they requested it earlier but the message got lost in the thread and I didn't see it :(

Last edited:
Excellent, glad you enjoyed it 👍

Ran the Division Placement Time Trial as directed. Probably an "after-the-fact" thing since I was placed in Div 3 last night.

1:39.6 was the quickest of 10 laps.
Funny that it's usually the last lap that is the quickest for me.
Motivation + Familiarity with car and track = Quickest
Tex

Ran the Division Placement Time Trial as directed. Probably an "after-the-fact" thing since I was placed in Div 3 last night.

Tex

Hi TEX, I think you may have overlooked the message I included with the Friend Request I sent you from the D3 account, but I mentioned that I was sending it to you so that you could participate in last night's Magic Lap racing (I also mentioned it here). Nobody is actually assigned to a division until they submit a Time Trial time to kcheeb. Therefore, please stay tuned for which division you will be assigned to for Sunday night. You'll receive a PM from kcheeb letting you know. 👍

I've just realised that my colour and number choices were not logged on the list after my request in post #8470. This came to my attention after seeing a request for the same number :(

TEX36

Tex

Way to go tex

dylansan

Hi Dylan,
I feel the same as tex, though we are new, we do learn quickly! And will show better next time.

I've just realised that my colour and number choices were not logged on the list after my request in post #8470. This came to my attention after seeing a request for the same number :(

Not to worry, we'll get your #36 added for you. Sorry for the oversight! That being said, I think we'll be allowing drivers to have the same number as long as they are in different divisions. We used to promote and relegate drivers every week so it made sense to require everyone had different numbers because there was so much driver movement between divisions each week.

Now that we only promote and relegate drivers at the end of the month, I think it'll be okay to allow duplicate numbers in the league. In the event that promotion and relegation puts two drivers with the same number in the same division, the driver with more Sunday nights under their belt will get priority. That information can be found here (although it hasn't been updated to include last Sunday yet).

Tez, can you please update your Color/Number list with what RIP_Welch_Don requested here? Also, I got your message about the freeing up the color and numbers that are currently reserved by inactive members. I think that's a good idea! Let me know when you have some time to review the list with me so that we can clean it up together. I also have an idea on a different way to format it so that it's easier for new drivers to see what colors and number are available for them to pick. 💡

dylansan -
Tex

Hi Dylan,
I feel the same as tex, though we are new, we do learn quickly! And will show better next time.

No worries, guys. I'm sure dylan would say the same thing. Magic Lap is a cool idea, it just requires a little bit of preparation to get the most out of it.

*deep G.I. Joe voice [ON]*
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
*deep G.I. Joe voice [OFF]*

Btw dylan, when searching the Welch_Don's post mentioned above, I found the reason I thought you wanted Magic Lap to be in the D3 lounge! :lol:

Tez, can you please update your Color/Number list with what RIP_Welch_Don requested here? Also, I got your message about the freeing up the color and numbers that are currently reserved by inactive members. I think that's a good idea! Let me know when you have some time to review the list with me so that we can clean it up together. I also have an idea on a different way to format it so that it's easier for new drivers to see what colors and number are available for them to pick. 💡

Sorry Welsh, that message got overlooked by me since there seemed to be lots that day :(

I've added it now so TEX may have to chat with you about using #36 :/

Well zer0, since you're racing tonight in S.P.E.C., I could either log on early and wait in one of the S.N.A.I.L. lounges or do that after tonights' race, either should be ok with me :)

Last edited:
In the 1st tab on the bottom, Driver Start/Finish bar graph, i dont see my name, aswell as a few other's. Just poiinting it out :)

yeah the graphing tool doesn't have enough space to put everyones name at the bottom. It just 'picks' some names for a point of rerefence. If you hover your mouse over a bar it'll show the name as well as the value.

Tex

I don't see a GTPlanet pm from you TEX, did you send it to my psn account?

I don't see a GTPlanet pm from you TEX, did you send it to my psn account?

I'm so new at this ....... didn't know the difference between PM here and on PSN. Just got back from being out most of the day - will get on PSN in the next few minutes and will send it to you.
The Learning Curve sure is steep for us older guys.

About the "36" - My brother races Shifter Karts in California and has added the letter "C" after 36 on his kart. Would that be allowed here? Certainly want to honor the other gentleman's prior claim to the number. Let me know if "36C or 36c" would be allowed.

Back