◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Indeed. Kindergarten Cop was a great movie, but The Predator was better.

Favorite movie for a long time. AMC movie cuts all the good stuff!

For a good laugh see "Tropic Thunder" on AMC lots of "melon farmers" and other funny censored bits.

Last edited:
An observation after reviewing IRs this week is that there are a few people who need to read a specific part of the OLR. I'll quote it here.

K: If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end. If you do not come to a full stop and turn on the brake your car may drive on by itself. Do not, under any circumstances, use the start button except as noted in section O. of the OLR.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea for everybody to go read this entire thread just as a refresher.

Oh man that's just great, this can be interpreted wrong and was.

Maybe add to that; "coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end." and do not change location for any reason, even just for different views of the action!

Last edited:
I have seen cars who are 'out of it' and have moved to different spots to 'see the action' somewhere. Heck, I am pretty sure I have been that car.

"Do not endanger other drivers" is key.

I like the idea of putting the track decal on for all the tracks you've been to. If you've been to a bunch. I'm just gonna put the Nordschleife on my car because Nordschleife

I like the idea of putting the track decal on for all the tracks you've been to. If you've been to a bunch. I'm just gonna put the Nordschleife on my car because Nordschleife
Funny you mention that... I have a few stickers I was going to put on my truck...
1441348695363-1568241904.jpg

I got a good laugh outta them at the store

Last edited:
These are my 2015 tracks. I will add Pocono South-East next week. 👍

vhn3mvu.jpg

I was able to get them in gray - darker than they appear in the photo - so they are fairly subtle. :sly:

I hit Summit Main again in October (and maybe November!). I am trying to decide if I will add something to track I repeat or not, and if I will either only add new tracks, or make each year as a new set of tracks.

Has anyone seen the new Quick Match events? They added some really good ones that are fun even if there are troublesome drivers. You still get a big paycheck just for participating so it's always worth it.

They added GT500 at Suzuka 2014 but it's not just a GT500 car. Ballast and power have been added so specs are even at 550HP an 1150kg. On Racing Medium tires. Enough weight to upset the car in places so you need to be on it.

More recently (this week I think) they added the FormulaGT at Monza. Yes! FGT in an online race! And it's controllable! Weight is pushed up 100kg and power is reduced to 500HP. On Racing Soft tires. A serious joy to drive once you get around the idiots/the idiots get penalties and are ghosted to the back. I stayed in the same room last night for about 30 minutes. Most races were 8-12 drivers but by the end of the night the same 3 drivers stayed with me and they were all from the US. I might send them info about SNAIL. They were very respectful.

Has anyone seen the new Quick Match events? They added some really good ones that are fun even if there are troublesome drivers. You still get a big paycheck just for participating so it's always worth it.

They added GT500 at Suzuka 2014 but it's not just a GT500 car. Ballast and power have been added so specs are even at 550HP an 1150kg. On Racing Medium tires. Enough weight to upset the car in places so you need to be on it.

More recently (this week I think) they added the FormulaGT at Monza. Yes! FGT in an online race! And it's controllable! Weight is pushed up 100kg and power is reduced to 500HP. On Racing Soft tires. A serious joy to drive once you get around the idiots/the idiots get penalties and are ghosted to the back. I stayed in the same room last night for about 30 minutes. Most races were 8-12 drivers but by the end of the night the same 3 drivers stayed with me and they were all from the US. I might send them info about SNAIL. They were very respectful.
The reason why I hate quick matches are the penalties. Though before discovering Snail this is what I was dealing with for the past times playing. Thank god I found Snail. :bowdown:

Quickmatch is a waste of time.

Find a good room online or make one...

Easier said than done though, I suppose. Plenty of nights where the only options I had available were drag rooms, dirty nascar rooms, SRF users and the occasional Japanese room where I got kicked immediately upon entering for being a gaijin
(:lol:)
R.I.P. GT5 online, your successor has been very unsuccessful.

It's worth it for the over-inflated payoff. Yea, I suffered a few unnecessary penalties but so did others and I made positions back. And even finishing in 7th out of 12 gets you ~300K.

It's worth it for the over-inflated payoff. Yea, I suffered a few unnecessary penalties but so did others and I made positions back. And even finishing in 7th out of 12 gets you ~300K.
The payoff may be nice, but don't you have that "what on earth is this guy doing? Driving while feeding a baby and eating and drinking and mashing potatoes while drunk?" feeling? You basically are going there to get yourself crashed into. I just don't like people who drive like that and leave immediately.

Not really. I haven't had much intentional ramming lately. Sure first lap braking/collision penalty issues but after that it's mostly just been shortcut penalties from mistakes or that stupid ramming penalty when your car slips a bit and you tap the guy next to you. Once those are sorted out I usually find someone good to chase or defend against.

Quickmatch is a waste of time.

Find a good room online or make one...

Easier said than done though, I suppose. Plenty of nights where the only options I had available were drag rooms, dirty nascar rooms, SRF users and the occasional Japanese room where I got kicked immediately upon entering for being a gaijin
(:lol:)
R.I.P. GT5 online, your successor has been very unsuccessful.
I have had the same frustration finding good race rooms. I have found that searching the European rooms yields more positive results. Still takes time to find the right one.

That is why I personally just stick to drifting. I though, "YES, I get to race people online!" back when gt5 prologue came out. By time GT5 released, I was very disenchanted by the public lobbies. I found though that drift rooms could provide at least a decent driver or two to circle a track with, while not in so "serious" of a mood that I would want to beat some wise guy through their mic as they merrily smash through the crowd, or use you as a rolling barrier and check you into the wall.

I have found that searching the European rooms yields more positive results. Still takes time to find the right one.
Agreed. If I really can't find anything, I'll just make a room on my own and use my favorited cars on tracks that I like. It's occupying...for a bit.

That is why I personally just stick to drifting. I though, "YES, I get to race people online!" back when gt5 prologue came out. By time GT5 released, I was very disenchanted by the public lobbies. I found though that drift rooms could provide at least a decent driver or two to circle a track with, while not in so "serious" of a mood that I would want to beat some wise guy through their mic as they merrily smash through the crowd, or use you as a rolling barrier and check you into the wall.
There will always be the a****** on track, but that really just comes down to host and how serious everyone else is.

I almost never had a hard time finding a clean room where people that I would come across frequently were. Shuffle, high/low PP, stock, or one make rooms all provided close racing...and less grip :)

People actually liked less grip then, it seems.

Many "GTP OLR"s in room titles then, as well.

The payoff may be nice, but don't you have that "what on earth is this guy doing? Driving while feeding a baby and eating and drinking and mashing potatoes while drunk?" feeling? You basically are going there to get yourself crashed into. I just don't like people who drive like that and leave immediately.
Most frustrating to me with Quick Match Lobbies; other racers have found a way to ghost through you in the turn, rejoin the race at the perfect time (like 90-95% through your car), which will give you a penalty and not them. Just petty, dirty, frustrating, angering, make me want rip the wheel off the base and throw it though the t.v. kind of stuff. Holy sh.., where's the eggnog? :banghead:

Now you guys went and got my blood pressure up. Thank the good lord for SNAIL!

Welp. New (used) PS3 purchased. There's goes most of my driving rig fund. *sigh*

Now hopefully all goes well with getting my game backup data onto the new console. *finger crossed* for the kids too. Many hours of Lego Star Wars...
At least you have a PS3 though. 👍

Back