• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,960 comments
Viper GTS '02

Post oil:
523 PP
471 HP
1569 KG
FR

I forgot to check pre oil PP, but I doubt it jumped more than 23 points so tires should be SS

What an awesome car. Its extemely rare to see a viper on the roads these days where I live. Actually the last time I saw one was on my first Euro trip to Latvia last year. All blacked out just the way I like it

Edit: prize A practice rm open

Viper GTS '02

Post oil:
523 PP
471 HP
1569 KG
FR

I forgot to check pre oil PP, but I doubt it jumped more than 23 points so tires should be SS

What an awesome car. Its extemely rare to see a viper on the roads these days where I live. Actually the last time I saw one was on my first Euro trip to Latvia last year. All blacked out just the way I like it

Edit: prize A practice rm open

Lap times? (take yours and cut at least 3 sec off.....:D)

Noted, thank you for keeping us aware of important announcements Sir. Last night of being on call though, so tomorrow I'll celebrate 'National Day After National Mojito Day Day'. Probably with a Margarita or a nice brown ale.
Cheers!
-Shaun

In case you didn't know... today is National Mojito Day
View attachment 567552

And that ends this public service announcement​

Speaking of internet connectivity... Wired vs wireless discussion was brought up in a practice lobby. Do you find there to be a big difference between the two? Should we all be hardwired into our systems if able, to ensure a higher quality SNAIL experience?

Personally I've never been hardwired into my ps3, and my router is only 15ft away in the next room over. So I can't compare the two. I know with certain PC games, being wireless is a big nono as your registry to a server in-game dramatically decreases.

But even being hardwired on certain PC games, it would be absolutely unplayable if I were to be in the same server as turnupdaheat or vitessekid for example who are thousands of miles away. Competitive CS players on the west coast won't even play against people on the east coast due to ping difference. Yet in GT6 I have absolutely no problem with them on track as far as lag or skipping goes. GT6 netcode ftw?

It's not often that one can say something is always better than something else but a wired connection almost always better than a wireless connection. The exception would be if your wire was rusted or maybe 3000 feet long. Wireless opens you up to packet loss, interference, and everything else under the sun. If you're 15 feet away, string a cable when you're racing.

Of course! Do as you wish with it. I don't know if there's a way to save it separately from the news website. I'd rock some decals too :)

The sports reporter for WCCO-TV David McCoy did a great job. At first I didn't know exactly what he wanted to do a segment on. He came over to the track to shoot me race and do an interview, then he notified me that he has it in his head how he wants it and said that he'll come over in a week to shoot the second part. I just played along and voila...

Hopefully it'll serve as inspiration to others :) :cheers:
I agree that the piece was exceptionally done. Some reporters kinda just go through the motions when putting a story together. You can tell he spent some time to really research the subject and give some in depth insight. I'll play around with some ideas to see how to best incorporate the video into the OP. 👍

In the meantime, PM the address you want the helmet decal mailed to. :)

You got a handicap @JLBowler ? And what kind of sticks you got? I used to be super into golf, played junior golf all over San Diego county, and played varsity for jr high and high school. Nowadays I only make it out once or twice a year. Its definitely an expensive hobby, the greens fees on the nicer courses around here are ridiculous. Almost equals out to paying $1 for every time you hit the ball. But it's fun to get out there on a nice day and have fun with friends. Basically an outdoor bar :cheers:

They just opened this in Vegas not too long ago, but didn't get a chance to visit it this trip. Seems like a fun driving range. All of the balls have GPS chips embedded in them. Pretty cool

So PSVR is having a tour of the get up coming to local cities across north america

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/explore/playstation-vr/trial/ For Canada

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/ For 'merica

One demonstration day in Ottawa at one store. Sucks, it's gonna be a madhouse. I would really like to try the thing for a couple of hours by myself. I'm sure not gonna stand in line for hours with a bunch of pimple faced gamer weenies for a five minute try.
I tried to use a TrackIR on my PC, but it really disoriented me for racing. It was and is still awesome for my flight sims.I can't wait. Especially since GT Spurt is rigged for VR.

One demonstration day in Ottawa at one store. Sucks, it's gonna be a madhouse. I would really like to try the thing for a couple of hours by myself. I'm sure not gonna stand in line for hours with a bunch of pimple faced gamer weenies for a five minute try.
I tried to use a TrackIR on my PC, but it really disoriented me for racing. It was and is still awesome for my flight sims.I can't wait. Especially since GT Spurt is rigged for VR.
I mainly want to talk to some sort of sony person and get some info on the thing. I'm sure it's going to be some sort of sport game that they demo it with but maybe I'll get lucky and they will have GTsport... maybe :)

As for locations theirs one in kitchener next weekend and 1 in guelph this weekend so I can try it out twice!

You got a handicap @JLBowler ? And what kind of sticks you got? I used to be super into golf, played junior golf all over San Diego county, and played varsity for jr high and high school. Nowadays I only make it out once or twice a year. Its definitely an expensive hobby, the greens fees on the nicer courses around here are ridiculous. Almost equals out to paying $1 for every time you hit the ball. But it's fun to get out there on a nice day and have fun with friends. Basically an outdoor bar :cheers:

They just opened this in Vegas not too long ago, but didn't get a chance to visit it this trip. Seems like a fun driving range. All of the balls have GPS chips embedded in them. Pretty cool

Since I joined our men's club, I don't have enough rounds to have an official handicap. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm right around a 10.

Driver is a Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9 degree. Irons are Callaway N415s with 3 and 4 hybrids. I have an old set of Warrior wedges, 52, 56, and 60. Putter is just a mallet style. I used to have an Odyssey but I don't really see the difference.

I have a membership that gets me 11 courses for $105 a month. Just have to pay a cart fee when I go.

That's some nice gear you have. And those memberships are great if you go a lot, definitely cuts down the cost.

My first new set was when the Callaway x-12s first hit the market. I sold them a few years ago on eBay. Decided I needed another set and went to the local golf Mart and picked up some mizuno tour blades. I figure if I can learn how to hit it properly with blades, I can hit just about anything.

If you ever make it down to SD maybe we can shoot a round. Torrey Pines is one of those bucket list courses you have to do once in your life.

Get a wheel. Did I just piss you off? Lol :lol:

2y57wi.jpg

:lol:

Back