◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
No issues for tonight; wife has the TV with the Yankees and Boston game; so Ill complete the time trial later tonight.. Can I watch the races?

No issues for tonight; wife has the TV with the Yankees and Boston game; so Ill complete the time trial later tonight.. Can I watch the races?

most of the lounges are pretty full :( and we don't have friend requests to you. sorry about that.

Hmmm, I keep getting error 268 for 15 mins now trying to connect to d2 lounge. Tried restarting the ps3 a couple times, no luck. Anyone else having issues?

atongo crushed in div 5 tonight, well done man. First week with the wheel, didn't do so bad. Hated two, and wished we voted that off as I like the first and last races. Getting a feel for it, other than some collisions that were unavoidable, gonna lose some points for that, butit is 100% understandable. I'm ready for next week!

When using a controller vs wheel, Please don't attemp a pass in tight corners as your control is Twitchy and you knock into someone and don't even know it!

Sorry for my sloppy driving today.
Now that I've tried this club's format in D1, it's finally clear to me that this is not for me.
I usually need lots of practice to be clean and competitive, and 2 new combos per week (3 this week) are too much for me to master.
So, I retire effective immediately.
Best of luck.

dsgerbc
Now that I've tried this club's format in D1, it's finally clear to me that this is not for me.
I usually need lots of practice to be clean and competitive, and 2 new combos per week (3 this week) are too much for me to master.
Best of luck.

Dude you were in D1, you have an entire week to practice.

Serious!

Best of luck.

That's the hard part about the first week racing in the league (or in your case the first in a while). To you, all three combos were new and unfamiliar. However, that's why we only change out three of the six components each week. Next week, half of the cars/tracks from this week will remain on the lineup. For a better explanation, please read the paragraph below taken directly from the original post:

Interactive Format
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, all of the drivers (except for the prize winners) get to vote on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most votes is dropped from the lineup. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Depending on the time and day of the week, I would probably be interested to run in a tuning-prohibited Super GT or DTM league (anyone else hoping GT6 has Aussie V8s?).

GT% has 1 V8 Supercar haha we could do an extremely spec V8 Supercar series

GT% has 1 V8 Supercar haha we could do an extremely spec V8 Supercar series

I didn't know that -- had to look it up. Even though I've seen it a dozen times, for some reason it never hit me that the Ford Falcon XR8 is a V8 Supercar. And I've never even driven it. I guess I know what I'm doing for tomorrow's lunch hour :sly:

atongo crushed in div 5 tonight, well done man. First week with the wheel, didn't do so bad. Hated two, and wished we voted that off as I like the first and last races. Getting a feel for it, other than some collisions that were unavoidable, gonna lose some points for that, butit is 100% understandable. I'm ready for next week!

Thanks. It was fun! You did pretty nice for 1 week with a wheel, I'd be sliding like crazy.

D4 was awesome again this week!! I will have this stupid grin on my face until at least Tuesday! Between the %$#@ bunny rabbits and *marbles* I am going to have to add another page to my excuse pad!! I can't believe how many times I failed tonight! There was something a little different tonight... I just couldn't put my finger on it until a sat back, had an icy cold one that it dawned on me. I think boost may have been left on strong. For the most part, the pack seemed to stay VERY close together the entire night. Usually when I throw it away, I just end up cruising in last until the race is over, but tonight, every time I wadded it up, it took almost no time to get back into the action. If this was the case, it may explain why there was more contact than usual. I don't think most of the contact had any real impact on the outcome, but we were all in very close proximity from start to finish tonight, in EVERY race and the pack never really spread out.
Now... with that said. At the risk of starting this weeks debate, what are the pro's and con's of using a strong boost? If in fact, that is what happened tonight, it really promoted very close racing from beginning to end. In a sprint environment, wouldn't keeping the pack together be much more fun than one or two laps of tight racing followed by the occasional battle? Again, I am all for what is best for the league, but tonight was some of the most fun I have ever had. Even when I blew it, I ended up back in the brawl in no time versus spin and the race is generally over... Your thoughts??

Well I was a little thrown off by the traction adjustments from position changes, but other than that it was really fun! I wouldn't be apposed to do that again. It does kinda defeat the purpose of spec racing though.

So what did you guys think of the racing with it on?? It sounded like everyone was having a blast!

I like the idea of running boost races, but I don't think we should change the formula here and turn on boost. We used to run low-boost races on Friday; I wish we could do those again...

I like the idea of running boost races, but I don't think we should change the formula here and turn on boost. We used to run low-boost races on Friday; I wish we could do those again...

Right on, and I fully respect everything the league stands for. I guess I wasn't around for those days, but it really made things interesting! That is why I would like to hear all the pro's and con's. The more beers I have, the more I really think about it. On one hand, it really promotes close racing. One of the cornerstones of this league. On the other hand, it really changes the core of what SPEC racing stands for. I am so perplexed with this one...

Right on, and I fully respect everything the league stands for. I guess I wasn't around for those days, but it really made things interesting! That is why I would like to hear all the pro's and con's. The more beers I have, the more I really think about it. On one hand, it really promotes close racing. One of the cornerstones of this league. On the other hand, it really changes the core of what SPEC racing stands for. I am so perplexed with this one...

Like I said, let's not change the formula, but let's start a boost series! Even low boost makes the racing much, much closer. Or, let's go crazy and run high boost, strong draft.

I'm glad you guys had fun in D4 tonight, but I assure that if boost was on, it was turned on by accident. The default setting for boost if 'Off' so someone probably just made a mistake while setting up the lounge.

All that being said, allowing boost is not what S.N.A.I.L. is about. We keep our racing clost by putting similarly-skilled drivers on the track together, not by artificially making cars faster. However, I'm all for someone setting up a boost-enabled night like Diabolic Friday - that was a blast! Thursdays seem to be the most available night as the shuffle racing seems to be on and off. Then again, so has Monday Mayhem (Cat & Mouse) as of late as well.

Last edited:
With all this talk of other types of races the one thing that would make a huge difference to me being able to race more would be a Pacific SNAIL League. Starting at 7 PST is not ideal for me starting at 9-10 PST would much easier. Could we create a sister league running the same rules just later? I assume this would have to have separate organizers and scores/drivers lists but might allow people to participate that can not right now.

Did anyone save the replays for division 5? I would love to see what I missed if there is a way to share the replay.

Lastly no boost! Might as well allow tuning if you go down that route.

From racing with friends not part of this league with boost on, I think it works on both ends of the pack. It assists those falling behind and handicaps the leaders. When you are in last you get loads more grip and sometimes it feels like a little more power. However, when at the front of the pack it seems like the game takes grip away from you.

While it does promote close racing, it feels a little too close sometimes(especially on strong). It becomes a real challenge to constantly adjust break and turn-in points based on your position. While potentially useful on short sprint races, I suggest keeping Boost Off during Sunday races.

*Sigh* Okay, I am am coming down from my "strong boost" high! You are right, changing the formula would totally be wrong, but it does open a cool new window I haven't experienced before. I guess what lures me so much is that I can practice laps all day long but where I am really weak is racing with others in close proximity. That is where I lose my @$%*... Having like-minded folks to race side my side with would really help me when I am in the middle of it ( and dang it sure is fun!) Maybe we should look onto resurrecting a boost night! Thanks guys, you all rock!!

Boost may make races closer, but not by any fair means. Limiting the better drivers and helping the slower ones is pretty much the opposite of fair.

For any racing that is in any way competitive, boost would be a big disservice.

However, I can see the appeal of close races using boost, as a non-Sunday event. I would prefer something more like handicap ballast in a racing series, or some other system where the better drivers can be limited, leading to closer racing, but still get the points they deserve by giving them a certain amount just for being limited at all. That way the racing is still close but better drivers are rewarded properly.

It was definitely on in D4....no way should I have been able to come back in the second race at GVS after waiting for people a couple of times.

Boost may make races closer, but not by any fair means. Limiting the better drivers and helping the slower ones is pretty much the opposite of fair.

For any racing that is in any way competitive, boost would be a big disservice.

However, I can see the appeal of close races using boost, as a non-Sunday event. I would prefer something more like handicap ballast in a racing series, or some other system where the better drivers can be limited, leading to closer racing, but still get the points they deserve by giving them a certain amount just for being limited at all. That way the racing is still close but better drivers are rewarded properly.

I like this idea

Here are the official results from our league night on August 19th, 2012. This was the eighth week using our new format and the third week with five divisions. This means that Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the division winners with the three highest scores. However, since we now have more divisions than we have prizes, I am implementing a rule that limits the number of Prize A and Prize B selections that can be made from each division to only one per month. This will ensure that the drivers from each division will have an equal opportunity to pick our new car and track combos.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize B (scored 89 points)
  2. ADR_BRONCO ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dsgerbc ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. hillracing ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. mrjones_80 --------- did not submit a vote
  • WiiFreak ----------- DNR
  • RIP_Welsh_Don ----- DNR
  • jlbowler ------------ DNR
  • howyakeeping1 ----- DNR
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR

Division 2
  1. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize A (scored 90 points)
  2. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. tensor120 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ZohsixGT5 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. SPIDERMANLOL1 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ----------- DNR
  • eLove -------------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ---- DNR
  • keepitsteady ------- DNR

Division 3
  1. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1 (scored 84 points)
  2. GTP_pilmat --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. JazzVanWolfe ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. zer05ive ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. moi_2212 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Soren535 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. sethfraz22 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. GTP_smrtb0mb ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • spooble ------------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 ---------- DNR
  • KissMyGlock -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR

Division 4
  1. tezgm99 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 (scored 85 points)
  2. donconater --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. ExoSphere64 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Schmiggz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cmbeal317 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. chatva -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ANFD ---------------- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_SGPracing ------ DNR
  • aubdogg ------------ DNR
  • Millerhd ------------- DNR
  • sudmanster --------- DNR

Division 5
  1. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 wins Prize C (scored 89 points)
  2. atongo619 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. TEX-36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. iroquois-- ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. g-MachineREX ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Handlebar-Man ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. lifesagamble420 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. KuuKriine ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Skills_19657 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- did not submit a vote
  • jobyone ------------- DNR
  • Wambo626 ---------- DNR
  • eagle123vick -------- DNR
  • yer_mama904 ------- DNR
  • AJGH1000 ----------- DNR
  • Patches_McFluffy ---- DNR
  • nateral00 ------------ DNR

It's worth mentioning that although Round 3 actually received the most elimination votes, two of those votes won't count (if the Prize A and Prize B winners are made official) because votes made by prize winners do not count towards the final elimination vote tally. Therefore..

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 @Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since dabneyd wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Ford GT '06 @Rome / Reverse
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since GumballCGT gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Vol_Jbolaz gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Back