◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
The Official
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY

Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

This week's S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY winner is.....

HandlebarMustash

Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize.

I didn't know that -- had to look it up. Even though I've seen it a dozen times, for some reason it never hit me that the Ford Falcon XR8 is a V8 Supercar. And I've never even driven it. I guess I know what I'm doing for tomorrow's lunch hour :sly:

👍 yea that car is the only one theyve ever had I think. its pretty old haha that thing requires extreme throttle control if I remember correctly. I haven't driven it in 5 yet

I thought the vote was for the one you liked :dunce:
Id have to vote to eliminate rd 2 if it even matters

Apmaddock, yea I just saw the bottom of the post

Last edited:

My first week's races went like a blur too! All this voting at the end was a bit confusing :boggled:

But by week 2 it already feels pretty comfortable 👍 Even caught a race about to start with the incorrect grid setting ;)

Zer0, and d3, I would like to apologize for my no show last night. I'm not big on excuses of r putting off blame, so it's all mine. My trans blew on my DD 87 VW gti(the diff to be more exact) so I was out there trying g to drop the trans. The whole twist and drop wasn't working for me, and I was struggling with it until about 11 before I realized how late it was.
Zer0, at this time I think it might be safer to find a director whom can regularly perform the duties necessary. Maybe a temp for the next month or so. At least until after I get back from my honeymoon next month. Life has taken a funny turn this last half a year.

zer05ive, your GTPlanet in box is full :)

Sorry about that. I've been deleting PM's for the past week trying to keep clear of the limit and I've deleted a few more to clear out some space.

My premium membership isn't feeling so premium right now. :lol:

Just an FYI .....Just so you guys are aware (for the voting process) .... In Division 4, the events were ran out of sequence so if you voted out event 2, that isn't the same event everyone else in different divisions were voting on.

Sorry about that. I've been deleting PM's for the past week trying to keep clear of the limit and I've deleted a few more to clear out some space.

My premium membership isn't feeling so premium right now. :lol:

Maybe you need an Ultra Premium Membership :dopey:

Actually, it could matter if there are protests filed that knock any of the Prize winners down a notch. If that happens, there could be more votes for Round 3. With that in mind, I've corrected your vote both on the results spreadsheet and on the results post. 👍

Zer0, and d3, I would like to apologize for my no show last night. I'm not big on excuses of r putting off blame, so it's all mine. My trans blew on my DD 87 VW gti(the diff to be more exact) so I was out there trying g to drop the trans. The whole twist and drop wasn't working for me, and I was struggling with it until about 11 before I realized how late it was.
Zer0, at this time I think it might be safer to find a director whom can regularly perform the duties necessary. Maybe a temp for the next month or so. At least until after I get back from my honeymoon next month. Life has taken a funny turn this last half a year.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured something was wrong since you've never no-showed like that before. I'll try to hold the fort down on the nights you can't race.

Just an FYI .....Just so you guys are aware (for the voting process) .... In Division 4, the events were ran out of sequence so if you voted out event 2, that isn't the same event everyone else in different divisions were voting on.

Man, last night's D4 keeps getting crazier and crazier. However, I don't think the voting will be affected because there was an even spread of votes across all three rounds among the D4 drivers. Therefore, switching the votes would have minimal impact, especially considering that D2 just took more of a lead with tensor120's corrected vote (switching it from Round 3 to Round 2).

Btw, I got your PM and will be replying to it tonight.

Hey :) Kuul here reporting from divison 5.. XD
i want to ask.. have you ever race in Nurburgring Nordschleife? i think we should race there.. first time with slow cars.. next sunday with medium cars and then with faster cars.
i think that would be really fun.
:D
What do you think?

What are you talking about? We went Honda/Laguna, Nissan/GVS and Ford/Rome which is what the second post has :confused:

i want to ask.. have you ever race in Nurburgring Nordschleife? i think we should race there.. first time with slow cars.. next sunday with medium cars and then with faster cars.
What do you think?

Having to basically make qualifying twice as long just so everyone can do a flying lap doesn't make any sense IMO (the Ferrari 512BB at Le Sarthe was pushing it and Nords is much longer).

Last edited:
I have a question about Promotion and Relegation. The initial post says

"The fastest drivers in each division are promoted to the next higher division the following month. On the other hand, the slowest drivers in each division are relegated to a lower division."

What happens if you are the slowest person in the division and have raced every week. Does the mean you will be relegated instead of a driver who has not raced at all that month?

Also is the slowest decided based on total points or average per race night?

One last thing. Since promotion/relegation is only happening every month now does it make any sense to promote the top 3 and relegate the bottom 3?

What do you think?

There are a few factors that make the Nordschleife problematic. First, the goal of SNAIL is to have a race as close to 10 minutes as possible but not less than ten minutes. Even with a car running a seven minute lap, that would make a 14 minute race. If we ran something slow enough to run an 11 minute lap, we'd all be bored to tears by the end. Second, and this is my opinion, the track is terrible for passing. It's a great time trial track and is a lot of fun for cat and mouse, but it doesn't lend itself to side by side racing or passing. This is why in real life, they run a version of the track that includes the GP circuit.

There are a few factors that make the Nordschleife problematic. First, the goal of SNAIL is to have a race as close to 10 minutes as possible but not less than ten minutes. Even with a car running a seven minute lap, that would make a 14 minute race. If we ran something slow enough to run an 11 minute lap, we'd all be bored to tears by the end. Second, and this is my opinion, the track is terrible for passing. It's a great time trial track and is a lot of fun for cat and mouse, but it doesn't lend itself to side by side racing or passing. This is why in real life, they run a version of the track that includes the GP circuit.

a what a shame but you're right..and there would be a lot of crashes XD
well it was just my opinion :)

I absolutely love the Nordschleife, but it really wouldn't work for a Sunday night in the S.N.A.I.L. league.

If someone wanted to set up a mini-enduro there sometime, however…perhaps starting sometime around noon or earlier on a weekday…well…there'd be at least one participant.

Totally unrelated question: Does anyone know if a grid would be held if qualifying was done on a different track than the race?

I absolutely love the Nordschleife, but it really wouldn't work for a Sunday night in the S.N.A.I.L. league.

If someone wanted to set up a mini-enduro there sometime, however…perhaps starting sometime around noon or earlier on a weekday…well…there'd be at least one participant.

Totally unrelated question: Does anyone know if a grid would be held if qualifying was done on a different track than the race?

I don't know, but I doubt it. Were you thinking of running the qualifying on the GP track?

This discussion is reminding me of the recent Super GT discussion. I would love a Super GT mini-enduro on the Nordschleife. I might even love the idea enough to help organize one, in 2-3 weeks, when I have more time, anyway.

Edit: And it would absolutely HAVE to start at dawn. The 'ring at dawn is possibly the most beautiful thing in GT5. Here's a vid I made (and very poorly edited) a while back of the R35 TC at dawn there:

Last edited:

Don't we swap tracks to clear the timing sheet for qualifying? Seems that once you change, you clear. But manual entry would work :D

Edit: Nice vid Doc! But is that a 24 I see on the side of that car? :lol:

I couldn't avoid a really loud laugh when i read tezgm99's complaint.
First of all, i have to recognize that yesterday's races where a little too tough because competition is building up and obviously because none of us are professional race drivers so i believe that anyone using a head set heard awfully often somebody apologizing someone else for a bump, a slide into or a late break. I had my share as i believe everyone else had they're share including tezgm99.
The thing is that out of all the little mishaps that tez probably had during the course of the 6 races, he decided to file a formal complaint regarding this particular one making me believe that the only concern that bothers him is the fact that i took his lead position in division 4's table.
I'm a pretty fair person that fully respects the rules of this competition therefore i will respectfully accept whatever actions the organization might take against me and if such actions relegate me for a lower position in the table, i will be more than happy to keep being faster than tezgm99 and regain the lead in the division behind the wheel on the race track, not in the complaining thread.

PS:
Ford GT race 1 at Rome reverse/ Lap 8/time:1.06.745 : tezgm99 intentionally tries to push me against the guarding rails.
At the same race/ Lap 9/time:0.01.556 - tezgm99 tries to push me again against the guarding rails.
At the same race/ Lap 9/time:0.14.023 - tezgm99 is responsible for a collision with chatva trowing him against the guarding rails provoking the whole situation that he complains about. Absolutely ridiculous.👎

Back