◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,927 comments
He's probably referring to my pick. I tested a handful of cars last night that have never been used in SNAIL and this was by far the most challenging of them. If you press too hard in the early going you wont have tires left by the end of the race. Maybe you'll find yourself leading the race trying to pedal the car and cruise home, while someone else behind you may catch up who is pressing harder that consereved their tires. One mistake may cost you multiple positions or even the race. The car has insane power and will take everything you got to run a fast clean race.

I'll try to post a lap tutorial video tonight.

Might be starting a new job next week. It will be decided by an interview. I'll probably skip some SNAIL Sundays and get some sleep instead!

It's been a blast. Although, if the Toronado gets chosen, I would probably stay on the bench anyway! 1,000bhp custom muscle car. :shock:

Jay Leno's Garage is an excellent car show, by the way. In the UK we get it on a channel called Dave. Season 2 is currently running worth repeats of session 1. It's an actual car show, not like modern Top Gear or The Grand Tour. Recommended. 👍

Data for D2 completed

Data 3-12-17.jpg

Sticking with cars that have never been used before

Prize C:

1966 Jay Leno Oldsmobile Toronado

Post Oil:
622PP
FR
1124 HP !
1851 KG
RM

Estimated mid div lap time @ Indy Road Course: 1:38

This might be one of the few SNAIL races where tire strategy comes into play. If you nuke your tires lap after lap (which is easy to do) you'll have 3's or 4's in the back by the end of the race. Buckle up!

Fast'n yer bra straps and take yer false teeth out.... this one is going to be a rough ride...

Rig update!! I fully installed the pedals. I can't make a full rig with attached seat yet so I'm just working with what I have, wheels and pedals. Now I'm thinking of taking them out and inverting them. You think I can simply mount them to that wood at the back? Just gotta size it up while sitting in the chair to get it just right, but should be a few screws right?

Before you mess with the screws make sure you adjust the whatchamacallit after taking a look at rigamajig and making sure the dippsy doodle is in the proper orientation for the doohickey to line up with the thingamabob which should insure the gimcrack and the whatnot are properly aligned. This should bring the boondoggle and the flipper-flapper together for smooth operation. Then and only then should you mess with the screws!!!
Once your rig is up and running you can then paint it any color black you want.

Good luck.

Before you mess with the screws make sure you adjust the whatchamacallit after taking a look at rigamajig and making sure the dippsy doodle is in the proper orientation for the doohickey to line up with the thingamabob which should insure the gimcrack and the whatnot are properly aligned. This should bring the boondoggle and the flipper-flapper together for smooth operation. Then and only then should you mess with the screws!!!
Once your rig is up and running you can then paint it any color black you want.

Good luck.
Very well said it, you have

To anyone here that gets one, me included, post as much info as you can. I wonder if the share button will be restricted so you can't show it to those that didn't get the beta

To anyone here that gets one, me included, post as much info as you can. I wonder if the share button will be restricted so you can't show it to those that didn't get the beta
I got it, I'll post what we're allowed once I get a little further into it and the legal limits. Just going through the driver rating system right now...it's very clean and polished for a beta. Graphics and sound, and handling are a major improvement over GT6. It rivals AC on handling and driving dynamics that's for sure. Very easy to over drive the cars.

and yes, camber does what it should.

Last edited:
First thing that jumps out at me, is you can have up to 20 in a race. I wonder if that's going to be true of online races as well.

EDIT:
I like the green triangles that are shown as well. It's like a real track day, where they have the ideal turn in, apex and track out points. I'd hope it's an option that can be turned off, however.

Last edited:
Back