◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,806 comments
This is going to be a rather hectic week. All three prize winners are repeat winners.

Let's start with Prize A. If you raced in D1 this week, you get to make one suggestion. The same rules as always apply. If you don't know those rules, ask me before you make a suggestion. Deadline for suggestions will be 24 hours from now or 11 AM ET on Wednesday. At that time, @msgt-sd will make his choice from those suggestions.

@Nicktune @turnupdaheat @SAMHAIN85 @src_ej6 @Wolfsatz @Rednose58 @MSgtGunny @Gonzo23 @Xradkins @Kgffy

@CoachMK21 @JLBowler @nmcp1 @zer05ive

@msgt-sd

something different!!!

Lancia Statos Rally Car '77 @ Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets of Willow

PP 480
HP 285
Weight 880 Kg
MR

@socalnatv and @Alexrider007 you both need to reply in the conversation for prize winners. I reused the same one from last week as the prize winners were the same three guys. You both need to reply in that conversation before 10 AM ET on Wednesday. This week is jam packed with suggestions and voting and we need to have everyone paying attention and taking care of business in a timely fashion.

Prize B Selection: Freeze the Audi R18!

You don't have that option. If you choose to use the freeze, your division gets to vote to freeze the car or the track. This was explained in the conversation. You now need to clarify if you would like to use the freeze or keep prize B, which is choosing the replacement element after the freeze has been used. You have about 15 minutes to do this. If you don't reply within the 15 minutes, it will be assumed that you are choosing the freeze and voting from D3 will begin.

If you raced in D3 this week, you need to vote to freeze the Audi R18 Prototype or Tokyo 246 Reverse. You get one vote and it must be cast by posting in this thread. You must post your own vote from your account. Voting will close at 11 PM ET tonight or when a majority is reached. A tie will be broken by the first vote cast.

@JamCar0ne @basswerks1 @GTLehman @pubason @Raw10_2u @gulfvet67 @Engmatic1 @cliff eden

Prize A suggestion:

Corvette C6 Z06
Willowsprings (Big Willow)

80-z06_at_willow_05efa1f603945dd1104ead54a570aa01c7e24e25.jpg

@msgt-sd These are your choices.

Prize A suggestion: Audi Quattro '82 @ Deep Forest Raceway

Prize A Suggestion: Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06 (RH) @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit (8 Laps)
Before Oil: PP 574 (RH Tires)
After Oil: PP 582 and HP 621
4WD / Turbo
1340 Kg
Cr 200,000
Lap times will be around 1:29

Prize A Suggestion Nissan mm-R Cup Car'01 at Tsukuba Circuit @msgt-sd @JLBowler

@CoachMK21 @JLBowler @nmcp1 @zer05ive

@msgt-sd

something different!!!

Lancia Statos Rally Car '77 @ Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets of Willow

PP 480
HP 285
Weight 880 Kg
MR

Prize A suggestion:

Corvette C6 Z06
Willowsprings (Big Willow)

Out of curiosity, how many PC (computer) racers do we have around here?

Once upon a time I was. I used to have a Logitech G25 and I know I'd piss off my neighbors cranking that thing late at night. Live For Speed and GTR2 were my favorites. And I joined iRacing when it first launched back when you needed an invite code. GT and Forza 1&2 I've only used a pad for.

What are some of your guys favorite racing games from years past? The first one I remember playing was this gem as a kid in the early 90s when arcades were still popular

c66d1c864d07298754e2d5159bd4716c.jpg

Once upon a time I was. I used to have a Logitech G25 and I know I'd piss off my neighbors cranking that thing late at night. Live For Speed and GTR2 were my favorites. And I joined iRacing when it first launched back when you needed an invite code. GT and Forza 1&2 I've only used a pad for.

What are some of your guys favorite racing games from years past? The first one I remember playing was this gem as a kid in the early 90s when arcades were still popular

c66d1c864d07298754e2d5159bd4716c.jpg

I had that game on the NES and spent quite a lot of time with it. It got to a point where neither I nor the computer controlled trucks would ever lift and were spraying nitro for the entire last couple of laps of every race.

polepos.png

If I could have the quarters back from this game, I'd be able to fund my own real life race team. The local 7-11 had it and I'd spend hours there. I even had a bike stolen while I was playing, and my bike was leaning against a window just to the left of the game. :dunce:

My parents were not video game fans and wouldn't let me have a console, but my awesome best buddy (R.I.P.) would let me borrow his NES for weekends. Super Off Road got the most play, followed by Excitebike - I loved that one! The other game I spent a ton of time on was Skate or Die. Once I turned 13ish, I got a real taste for girls, so video games took a back seat for many years. Got married, bought a house and PS2. GT3 was the latest and greatest, so that's kinda where I picked up again.

3ebe77ed913e668cc5fbb854f4411b47-d37ykp9.jpg

Oh man I forgot about those! And I definitely remember the days of walking into the local 7-11 and there being 3 arcade games lined up near the door. I dont know the name of it, but that cowboys and indians (errr, its 2017, I mean natives) game where you had shootouts in 3rd person and controlled the crosshair with the joystick. Those were a blast. Part of me feels bad for kids now, arcades for the most part are gone. No more playing your friends for quarters or punching in your initials for a high score.

Edit: Found it
10802873_879854105380838_742354419_n.jpg

Last edited:
polepos.png

If I could have the quarters back from this game, I'd be able to fund my own real life race team. The local 7-11 had it and I'd spend hours there. I even had a bike stolen while I was playing, and my bike was leaning against a window just to the left of the game. :dunce:

My parents were not video game fans and wouldn't let me have a console, but my awesome best buddy (R.I.P.) would let me borrow his NES for weekends. Super Off Road got the most play, followed by Excitebike - I loved that one! The other game I spent a ton of time on was Skate or Die. Once I turned 13ish, I got a real taste for girls, so video games took a back seat for many years. Got married, bought a house and PS2. GT3 was the latest and greatest, so that's kinda where I picked up again.

3ebe77ed913e668cc5fbb854f4411b47-d37ykp9.jpg

Ahh yes, PP at the local 7-11, I remember it well. My first taste of Suzuka. In the early nineties there was a pretty neat Formula 1 game, and also an Autocross game that seemed very accurate - more like a sim than a game physics wise, but had very basic graphics - like 'asteroids' style line drawings. I was just thinking about it the other day.
Didn't really do many arcades after 1990, but enjoyed several combat flight sims (and DOOM of course and later Quake) on my PC. Red Baron 3D was very good, as were Jane's WWII Fighters and USAF. EF2000 was really awesome - while it had slightly more basic graphis than the others it seemed much more realistic. Unfortunately when they finally made the sequel it was very boring and unplayable because you had to jump through hoops to fly. I drifted away from the games/sims due to lack of time and the fact that nobody was making any. Then I heard about GT5 and GT Academy which is what brought me back to it all.

@nmcp1 - neat. Also there's a chain called 'Dave and Busters' that has a huge arcade and a restaurant - a real one that serves beer. Great place for adults - there's aone in Denver.

Voting was 3-2 to freeze the Audi R18 Prototype. If you raced in D2, you now get to make a suggestion for the track. The deadline for suggestions will be noon ET on Thursday. I will not be available to post the suggestions so either @zer05ive @CoachMK21 @nmcp1 or one of the other BoD members will need to take care of that. Once the suggestion window closes, @socalnatv will be free to choose from the suggestions.

Back