◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,882 comments
snaildata-logo-png.660672

The SNAIL Sunday Scoring sheets have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

Again, it looks like an awesome set of Combos - pity I won't be able to enjoy them with you tonight. Keep it clean and enjoy.

Need some guidance and info everyone. I have a PS4 pro coming Wednesday, and just need to know how long usually it would take to be up and running on PlayStation plus and project cars. Also is the gt sport beta still available?

Less than an hour to get your PS4 set up how you want. Project Cars will take some time to download but the great thing about PS4 is that once a certain amount is downloaded you can start the game with limited functionality. You don't have to wait for everything to install but just know you'll be playing a sort of demo version with limited abilities like less cars and tracks.

Hey @Vegasracer - GTSport beta is closed but the game is supposed to be released in October this year.

Set up for PC cars shouldn't take too long but you may want to look up some wheel settings options for your particular wheel. I have a T300 and remember it FB was default 100% for PC.

Any updates to the game should be relatively short. There are many free downloadable car packages and paint liverys you will want to pick up, and a few pay car packs you can purchase if you want to, as well. It is important to note that you don't necessarily need to have purchased a car to race it, if the lobby host has it available in their purchased car list.

Will you be racing VR on the pS pro?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 20, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 89 (Ineligible for prize)
  2. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82 (77.61 for Prize B)
  3. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Br4YdON_IS_BOSS --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. bmw231119 --------- did not submit a vote
  7. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (93.77 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (Ineligible for prize)
  3. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 82 (86.40 for Prize C)
  4. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. DVD7227 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Alexrider007 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car (Racing: Hard) at Fuji Speedway GT (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @MajorBlixem wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @MajorBlixem has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 2 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D2 drivers from Sunday night start thinking about combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post it if/when @JLBowler gives the "all clear". Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @MajorBlixem is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Racing: Hard) at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Engmatic1 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Need some guidance and info everyone. I have a PS4 pro coming Wednesday, and just need to know how long usually it would take to be up and running on PlayStation plus and project cars. Also is the gt sport beta still available?

Hey Vegas, are you getting pcars 2 that releases Sept 22nd? You would probably also like F1 2017 that releases in a couple of days. You won't even have to spend a single minute setting up the wheel on that game as it's near perfect with defaults.

You may want to check if your headset is compatible with the PS4. If it uses Bluetooth for chat you may need to pick up a chat cable.

The PS4 Pro does come with a single mono earbud headset to plug into the controller. It's not the best but it's something.

Edit: I looked into and every PS4 model comes with this headset. Just some good info to have.

Last edited:
View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 1 incident on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, Aug. 25, 2017.
Banner by @GamingPete

The prize winners are not as announced.

Prize A is @MajorBlixem
Prize B is @Kgffy
Prize C is @Engmatic1

Prize A will go up for suggestions from D2. If you raced in D2 this week, you should know the routine by now. You get to make one suggestion for Prize A. The deadline for suggestions will be Wednesday at noon ET. All suggestions must be made in this thread and must be clear. Remember that you are not voting, you are making a suggestion that you would like to see used as Prize A.

@Engmatic1 @SlvrOnyx @basswerks1 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @racingchamp30 @gulfvet67 @cliff eden @DVD @Alexrider007

Hey @TomMang_68 how long have you had your T300 and can you do a quick review as to how it's held up?
From my experience the T300 is better than the DFGT I used for a few years. I did have some big concerns early on due to default FF settings on PC and AC. The wheel would make a terrible grinding noise on some tighter turns. Once I found where to lower FF settings it was greatly improved however I'm not 100% confident im running at peak performance with the current T300 and that its integrity wasn't comprised the first few time running PC at 100% FF

Short answer if I had a way, I'd rather use the G29

Just saw this a moment ago.

"Take the Limited Edition Gran Turismo Sport PS4 for a spin when it hits stores on 18th October."

"Find out more about this and the GT Sport bundles launching with the return of the legendary racer: http://play.st/2vkQ0ox

Back