◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,847 comments
Sorry about the delay, I need to buy the cars.

Edit: Room open: 0474-6216-3524-8454-1508
Edit 2: room closed
Edit 3: new room open

Last edited:
Can someone please post a copy of the welcome post? I’m recreating the Sunday format on Wednesday nights for project cars 2, with Zeros approval of course, and im trying to bring the SNAIL quality and family feeling over there so anyone here that wants to join head over and sign up. After i get my welcome message prepared though. Haha

Awesome. That couldn’t have come at a more perfect time.

Except that we are not doing individual welcome posts for the migration to GTS. @nmcp has a copy of it handy I'm sure. Other than him, I guess someone would have to go back through the thread to find one. I'm working on track boundaries right now so I'm busy for a while.

Can someone please post a copy of the welcome post? I’m recreating the Sunday format on Wednesday nights for project cars 2, with Zeros approval of course, and im trying to bring the SNAIL quality and family feeling over there so anyone here that wants to join head over and sign up. After i get my welcome message prepared though. Haha

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Yep same old GT song and dance. People stuck on grid, rooms crashing etc. Really frustrating

Edit: Jam has a room up

PD needs to fix the connection issues it is having. I am watching your stream and at least 3 drivers stuck on track. If PD expects the FIA to do Esports with GT Sport, their needs to be a near perfect online performance to occur through the next patch so it doesn't happen anymore.

The track boundaries post has been updated with the tracks that will be used this week. These represent the SNAIL rules for track boundaries. Keep in mind that some form of shortcut penalty will be enabled in the game. For the time being, both rules will apply. Just because one set says you are good does not mean you are good according to the other set. They both apply and the more strict one will prevail.

Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi
- The white line inside of the red colored pavement is to be ignored as track boundaries are concerned. In other words, the red pavement is part of the track.

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP and GP II - No exceptions. Note: areas beyond the white line that are not red / white rumble strips are not considered part of the track and two wheels must be kept inside the white line where these areas are present.

Well this will be an interesting Sunday. It'll be the first time racing with a controller since I joined 2 years ago. Hoping my wife buys me a new wheel. Glad to see some folks who I raced with are still around. If you had my old handle blueninjacivic added you can delete that one and add Devintheninja504.

Good luck Zii! Should be some good stuff happening over there for sure. 👍

Following.
Please keep us in the loop Zii.

Just throwing out a reminder to everyone. The time trial instructions have been posted in the conversations for everyone that is either currently active or has posted expressing an interest to join. You have a little less than 24 hours to run and submit your time trial if you want to race this week.

Additionally, this migration will not be like the migration to GT6. We will not be adding any divisions in the middle of a season. The number of divisions will be set tomorrow with room to add drivers in each division but the number of divisions will not be increased until the start of next season.

Last edited:
Greetings all my fellow Snailers, old and new! To those of you that know me, it come as a surprise to see me posting in this thread after 2+ years.

My history in SNAIL has been a series of ups and downs. At my highest point I was a trusted member of the league, a steward, and a general positive contributor to the league. At my lowest I was causing fights and attacking those that I called friend for no real reason at all other than to cause a commotion. Near the end of my last days here I was an ornery jackass alienating nearly everyone I could with nothing but negativity and slander. The thread turned into a **** show and I was the antagonist. It was not a pretty period in my life and I sincerely regret those actions.

This is my attempt to rebuild bridges that I burned down years ago.

I definitely would like to apologize to zero, bowler, coach and the stewards in place at the time for my actions near the end of my stay in SNAIL a couple of years ago. I made life a living hell for all of you and for that I am very sorry.

I definitely attacked you all, Jlbowler and Zero especially, and created unnecessary drama in the main thread. Bowler and I used to be tight, racing in the same division for awhile and racing in other small racing events from time to time. I went way overboard and alienated him and several other people who I called friends in SNAIL.

I was, and still can be, a great asset to the team. But I was a serious a-hole sometimes. I realize that there are much more constructive ways to express opinions and ideas.

Oddly enough this online persona I displayed in the past is definitely not my personality in life. I think I got carried away championing a cause that never really existed. All I needed to do was sit down and talk like an adult but instead I just kept pushing and pushing until I pushed you all away.

I don't remember each and every detail but it just seems like an idiotic blur of rhetoric that had no end. It all could have been avoided had I just stepped away from the keyboard (and my fake online persona), thought about how "I" should handle it, and then acted accordingly.

Anyone who has been in room voice chat with me knows that is not how I act, and I would punish my children for being such a-holes on a forum. So I would respectfully ask that you all give me a shot to prove myself in a positive way.

Since you all can see this post it means I have been unbanned by Zero. But I am sure this decision was not reached lightly and I doubt the backchannel vote was unanimous ;) But I appreciate the chance to prove that I can be a positive influence on SNAIL moving forward.

I look forward to driving with you all again and if anyone needs any help that I may be able to provide, feel free to ask...I am an old guy who has played since GT1.

I would like to thank a few of my fellow old guy drivers over in the Lobanaro lounge of PCars for helping me be a better person over the last couple of years by witnessing your positive influences on track and in your threads. Aero, SGETI, Lobban, Tom, McT, GR8...you guys are always upbeat, positive and respectful and it has helped bring me out of a funk I was in for quite some time.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back