◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
The MNM races were so much fun.

Now I'm super competitive and I want to win when it is feasible. And that's what was great about MNM... just about anybody had a chance to win because the light boost always kept the pack together. A low power car with sticky tires and a little boost was the great equalizer. It was hard to win those races because it wasn't about outright pace. It had a lot to do with strategy, planning, pass setup & a little bit of good ole racing luck. You had to drive out the rear view as much as the windshield.

It only works with the right combination of car/tire/boost though, therereally can't be a ton of variety. Not that GTS has that much to begin with. Ooooh! Shots fired! :)

There is something to be said about honing your craft. Anyone can hot lap, but can you race through a pack cleanly? It doesn't take much skill to bang your way to the front with a wake of pissed off drivers behind you. That way of thinking leads to many IR and division drama. In my experience in this league, there's nothing better going wheel to wheel with a like minded opponent and picking your spots to set up that winning pass. Not to mention the mutual respect that's gained in that philosophy. This is what pack racing trains a new sim driver to do and delivers results on Sundays. It's not for everyone though. There's always arcade or sport mode if crashing and banging is your thing.

Sunset Cruise

Sunset McLaren.jpg

Leader sets the pace
Not in MNM, the pace is really pushed by 2nd, 3rd and 4th, probably 5th and 6th. In every position you really need to keep awareness because you are literally going to be surrounded. A car like a miata, with racing tires and boost on, the different lines that can be ran competitively is far greater that anything you will race on a Sunday, and finding yourself three abreast in and out of a hairpin isnt unheard of. Its really good fun and the best practice for race craft, as well as building confidence in being in traffic.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on November 12, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 92 (62.91 for prize purposes only)
  2. DutchRacer_GT ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. FerociusHamster --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. schmedVegas ------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. FREEREVN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (136.56 for Prize A)
  2. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. fullerbunch ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. drb1269247 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Yolo4Marshall_M --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. Userid_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (75.38 for Prize C)
  2. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Ratsaladd --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. XxInfinteChaosxX -- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4
  1. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (94.80 for Prize B)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90 (61.54 for prize purposes only)
  2. whatbadgerseat --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Tec1347 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. smthng ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Pichon617 -------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - BMW M6 GT3 M POWER LIVERY 2016 (RH) at Autódromo De Interlagos - 13:45 Fine Weather (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @FREEREVN wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - MCLAREN 650S GR.4 (SS) at Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa - 11:30 Fine Weather (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Tex-36 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @socalnatv so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Is there a way to watch the replay from the POV of the car instead of the default various camera locations?
Saw a couple recent responses to this so I don't know if you've found your answer yet.... When I first open a replay there is a options button on the right bottom of the screen to expand viewing options. I change these two settings (sorry can't remember off hand what they say exactly) and then use the buttons that others have stated to scroll views or change cars.

Yeah. For me it was R1 on the controller. I was getting really irritated that GTS had only the random flying camera view. I thought I had pressed every damn button on that controller!

Yeah. For me it was R1 on the controller. I was getting really irritated that GTS had only the random flying camera view. I thought I had pressed every damn button on that controller!

Some of the new camera functions are a welcome addition. but they got rid of some of the very useful functions; as in when taking pictures on 'walking mode' you no longer have the ability to move the camera horizontally to get it close to the ground.

I was so used to the mapped button functions on GT6 that just navigating the new interface was a bit irritating. Getting better though.

I really like the color and temperature correction function. It allows you to really compensate for some of the very dark shots.

Some of the new camera functions are a welcome addition. but they got rid of some of the very useful functions; as in when taking pictures on 'walking mode' you no longer have the ability to move the camera horizontally to get it close to the ground.

I was so used to the mapped button functions on GT6 that just navigating the new interface was a bit irritating. Getting better though.

I really like the color and temperature correction function. It allows you to really compensate for some of the very dark shots.

You can move the camera up and down in walk around mode. It’s ether R1/R2 or L1/L2

Last week in the FIA races, there was an issue where the Manufacturer's race took place at the Nations Cup track. I ended up winning my race and today I came across this video of the race, with a twist. One of the drivers couldn't see most of the field and those he could see, were stationary in the starting grid spots. Skip to 4:15 to see the picture-in-picture of what the driver sees vs what the other drivers see. Or skip to 16:30 to see me :)

Last week in the FIA races, there was an issue where the Manufacturer's race took place at the Nations Cup track. I ended up winning my race and today I came across this video of the race, with a twist. One of the drivers couldn't see most of the field and those he could see, were stationary in the starting grid spots. Skip to 4:15 to see the picture-in-picture of what the driver sees vs what the other drivers see. Or skip to 16:30 to see me :)

PD and the FIA should mandate that all participants have their connections tested and vetted for issues before joining any online races. If the little guy has to do it, so should they! :irked:

I was once at a table "dare you to eat this" with a bunch of golfing buddies and we had maybe $1000 on the table between about 20 of us. The bet was fit as many table items from all plates on the table onto your hamburger and eat it all in a single bite. We thought we had a buddy of mine beat. It was a mac & cheese, onion ring, steak fajita, onion, pickle, salmon, chicken-wing hamburger all rolled into a ball and consumed in one bite. That pretty much set the bar for stupid table bets for that group, not a single run at the record in the last 3 years.

Without further Ado....

Hat Off to Mr. @TEX36 He is always an living example of what all Snail Drivers should aim to be, Sundays, Practice, just kicking the can; always! Racecraft, Speed and Gentleman behaviors on track. Very well deserved win on Sunday! He dominate that beemer beast and tame it like a true Master and with speed.

CraftyBelovedArctichare-max-1mb.gif

20171113230522 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171113230538 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171114172349 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171114172400 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171113230453 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171114172251 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Where da'pits Bro?
20171114172313 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
I'm Number 1... NO excuse me, I'm number 1
20171114172239 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Perfect Execution
20171114172326 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Blurrrr
20171113230440 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Learn to spell... Ma Ma!
20171114172339 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

High Stakes Pass
20171114172410 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Leading the Pack
20171114172419 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Group HUG!!!!!
20171114172430 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Sweet Battle at the Front
20171114172441 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Turn 1
20171114172453 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
On Another news... Created a new livery for the 458. Pink Panther Striped. Shared.

20171113230224 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171113230233 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
We have 4 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017.
Banner by @GamingPete

[/CENTER]
@TEX36 @FREEREVN @socalnatv You are free to make your choices for this week. The conversation will be going out later tonight when I have time to determine any duplicate prize winners. You do not have to wait for the conversation to be started to make your picks. Refer to the results post higher up on this page and make your choices if you are ready.

Back