◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
Warning, TRIVIA Announcement:
Think I found the answer to why my Liveries do not appear on my cars when entering a race.

I deleted every single Livery that was shown in My Library under Liveries - there were well over 600, dated beginning in October '17
So, from now on: 1) No duplicate cars in the Garage; 2) Only car liveries that will be shown in My Library will be the ones to be used in competition on that day - otherwise they will be moved to My Favorites, and out of the primary file;
Hope that may be helpful to anyone else having Livery difficulties.

Thanks @stelephant
Another horrible qualifier for me. And I think I used up all of my good laps earlier today. Was running mid-high 31s no problem in our mock races, and I dont think I hit a 31 all race just now. Had a great battle with Z28 most of the race. And nice to see @todally_lit and @Nicktune also in the same race
sam i watched that race and z28 was really trying to keep up with you.Lol your nice for saying that was a battle because he wasnt going to catch you. Good race to watch.

Thanks @stelephant
Another horrible qualifier for me. And I think I used up all of my good laps earlier today. Was running mid-high 31s no problem in our mock races, and I dont think I hit a 31 all race just now. Had a great battle with Z28 most of the race. And nice to see @todally_lit and @Nicktune also in the same race

I have noticed similar results in all FIA competitions, and have heard others mention it as well. When we set the room up for the race settings we all seem to be running laps one to two seconds faster or slower than what we hit in qualifying or the race. When we did the sim race at interlagos I couldn't break into 36's but in the FIA qualifying session and race i was running high 35's.

At the nations race in our practice race I was running low 2:07's and in the FIA qualifying and race I couldn't hit 08.5's. I still qualified well for the room I was in at 4th. I have no idea what changes in the FIA rooms, but I notice something is different.

Maybe Grid Reduction at track edge is on weak instead of real for the FIA races and you lose less grip, keeping more speed. It might be just enough to give you ~1 second.

Maybe Grid Reduction at track edge is on weak instead of real for the FIA races and you lose less grip, keeping more speed. It might be just enough to give you ~1 second.
I am pretty sure it is real, as you can look at the settings sheet and I think I remember it being real.

Interesting that you’re faster @Tecticles, as I am usually slower in qually/competition at FIA. Either way, it is enjoyable, and a fun time to mix it up with others. However, I am so glad we have SNAIL for real, clean racing. We don’t get the desperate people in the final laps who are willing to bump and push and dive because there isn’t the camaraderie or accountability that there is in SNAIL.

It's easy to drive a car on it's edge when you basically have nothing to lose (practicing/running mock races). Very rarely do I run as fast in FIA or Sunday night races just on account that if you wreck then you have blown your chance at a podium finish, which is what I'm after.
Of course there are rare cases where if you make mistakes early you can bounce back.

sam i watched that race and z28 was really trying to keep up with you.Lol your nice for saying that was a battle because he wasnt going to catch you. Good race to watch.

It wasnt easy trying to keep him behind me. And not only is he fast, the fact that hes one of the top gt sport streamers can be a little nerve racking. One mistake made with him and theres a potential couple thousand people also witnessing it on youtube in a VOD recap. No pressure... :lol:

I'm hoping some of these top guys get wind of SNAIL and join us. Imagine what that would do for our membership.

Hey guys.....an update on Aerolite's condition after being in a horrible bike accident on Friday. 11 hour surgery yesterday to repair his pelvis and hip, next week, surgery on the lower leg. Basically his whole left side below the pelvis was smashed pretty good and he has many months if not years of therapy to get back to his normal gimpy self again. As usual with Steve, he was joking with the OR nurses before he went under. He'll be in ICU for a few weeks I'm sure before I get to see him. I know he would really get off on cards and messages from the Snail family of which we are long time members. His address is:
448 Donaghue Rd.
Oxford Mills On.
K0G 1S0

Steve is one of the good guys going through a really rough time, but he'll be back......Racing with the boys will be a major incentive for him to heal. With the support of his wife, Denise, (Uku) who I know will be a rock through this ordeal, his friends, neighbors and other family, he'll be back, sooner rather than later.

I have noticed similar results in all FIA competitions, and have heard others mention it as well. When we set the room up for the race settings we all seem to be running laps one to two seconds faster or slower than what we hit in qualifying or the race. When we did the sim race at interlagos I couldn't break into 36's but in the FIA qualifying session and race i was running high 35's.

At the nations race in our practice race I was running low 2:07's and in the FIA qualifying and race I couldn't hit 08.5's. I still qualified well for the room I was in at 4th. I have no idea what changes in the FIA rooms, but I notice something is different.
The grip level for the 10min Qualification period is the same as the "Qualifying time trial" for the daily races and "Free practice" for the FIA races.(Offline grip)
When the race start the grip level falls back to the "Online" grip level, which is the same as what we know in our sunday races.

There's almost a 2 seconds gap for a 1:30.0 lap (Yamagiwa/Interlagos...)

It wasnt easy trying to keep him behind me. And not only is he fast, the fact that hes one of the top gt sport streamers can be a little nerve racking. One mistake made with him and theres a potential couple thousand people also witnessing it on youtube in a VOD recap. No pressure... :lol:

I'm hoping some of these top guys get wind of SNAIL and join us. Imagine what that would do for our membership.
dont worry bout ol z28 or erickgtr. It did seem like he was making mistakes trying to keep pace. Idk if the evo sucks at this track but it looked like he was working because his placement wasnt stable while you gain position. Everyone for the most part thats snail and participate in the FIA race is doing well. Well those who's replay is available. Still some dirty driving in the gt community though as i witnessed in speed centers video where he recieved a few punts.

dont worry bout ol z28 or erickgtr. It did seem like he was making mistakes trying to keep pace. Idk if the evo sucks at this track but it looked like he was working because his placement wasnt stable while you gain position. Everyone for the most part thats snail and participate in the FIA race is doing well. Well those who's replay is available. Still some dirty driving in the gt community though as i witnessed in speed centers video where he recieved a few punts.

My manufactures race was kinda bumpy. Coming to the finish, this Mustang was trying to realign my right door all the way up the hill to the finish. This was the third time he tried, first two he pushed me off track. I did beat him to the finish holding the inside line for third place, so :cheers:.

I was the only driver that did not have a red dot next to the time. Hell the winner still won after a 4 sec penalty.

SNAILData logo.png

Sunday Scoresheets for tonight have been created.
Race Clean - Race Fast - Race SNAIL​

I experienced the lap time difference too. The FIA races have 20 drivers, figure the number of drivers and connections plays a part in the slower lap times. However, in some of the Daily races, ones I have qualified well for and can turn consistent lap times, sometimes you are faster than you should be. It's as though they turn up the grip level just a smidgen.

We should all be running SNAIL stickers for promotional reasons. But the logo doesn't really tell those who see it what it is about, they have to look it up. So I added a short description and ran it in the manufacture race,

CarMR8c.jpg

My manufactures race was kinda bumpy. Coming to the finish, this Mustang was trying to realign my right door all the way up the hill to the finish. This was the third time he tried, first two he pushed me off track. I did beat him to the finish holding the inside line for third place, so :cheers:.

I was the only driver that did not have a red dot next to the time. Hell the winner still won after a 4 sec penalty.
I noticed that some of the others don't mind catching penalties (noted by the measles on the finishing grid), as they gain position, and then burn it off while blocking... not the worst strategy, but again, not SNAIL.

Congrats on the 3rd place finish @Mully465!

I noticed that some of the others don't mind catching penalties (noted by the measles on the finishing grid), as they gain position, and then burn it off while blocking... not the worst strategy, but again, not SNAIL.
I wish the penalties were non-scrubable and you had to do a stop-n-go to get rid of them. If you didn't, an additional 10 or 20 seconds was added at the finish line. That would make people stop their current behavior.

Back