◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
All this talk about rare UCD cars gives me an idea for a weekday even I'd be willing to host:

There are so many cool standard cars we never get to race in this league, so what if we ran a weekly event that ran the exact same way as our sunday races, but, instead of picking a car for each track, a pp level and drivetrain is picked. Any STANDARD car meeting those requirements would be fair game for that combo.

Sound cool to anybody? I'd be willing to set this up and manage it if there's enough interest.

Now that all the pointless trolling is (hopefully) over, I'd like to draw some attention to a proposal I made a while back. So far it sounds like a few people are interested but I'd like some more feedback.

For one thing, if we were to do this, what would be the night that people would be most available?

I'd like to draw some attention to a proposal I made a while back. So far it sounds like a few people are interested but I'd like some more feedback.

For one thing, if we were to do this, what would be the night that people would be most available?

Thursday or Friday for me.

Now that all the pointless trolling is (hopefully) over, I'd like to draw some attention to a proposal I made a while back. So far it sounds like a few people are interested but I'd like some more feedback.

I think Thursday would be a great night.

Thurdays work great for me 👍

I'll wait to hear from a few more people first, but unless anyone has any reason to protest Thursdays should work

racefan78

I'll wait to hear from a few more people first, but unless anyone has any reason to protest Thursdays should work

Thursday might work for me.

Hey guys, i choose my color its dark green whit black rims the number i would like to have its 87.If u have any problem whit that reply please

Hmm, i have all the cars you listed. Was wondering if I could run the BMW GTR Race Car or R8 LMS.

EDIT: unless you weren't the one who posted the mini enduro race with the mazdas and stuff.

SCTs .... Standard Car Thursdays works for me (but then again, so does Wed, Tues and Mon) :)

So what are you thinking. That the pp/drivetrain will be set and we each bring the car of our choice or will we just do some spec racing with standard cars?

I wonder if it would be fun to break in to a few classes/groups running different PP cars on the same track. Maybe even have on the fly promotions/relegations after each race to keep it interesting;)

Also if I want to run the RGT, will that count as MR or are we going to say that is a RR?

And if we want to make it really complicated lets give divisions a PP handicap. Say 10pp for each division. So a 500 pp race would be 490 for division 4, 480 for D3, 470 for D2 and 460 for D1;)

So what are you thinking. That the pp/drivetrain will be set and we each bring the car of our choice or will we just do some spec racing with standard cars?

I wonder if it would be fun to break in to a few classes/groups running different PP cars on the same track. Maybe even have on the fly promotions/relegations after each race to keep it interesting;)

Also if I want to run the RGT, will that count as MR or are we going to say that is a RR?

I think it would be cool if everyone brought a car of their choice. The racing in each individual race might not be quite as tight that way, but it should ballance out over the course of the night.

If we get enough people involved, having different groups is certainly a possiblity, if so, I plan on managing it the same way SNAIL manages their divisions. Everybody runs the same combos, but can be put in different groups based on their driver skill.

As far as RR cars, I was planning on lumping them with MR cars because there are so few of them. But if that offends any Porshe purists I may have to change my mind.

I can't do Thursdays (because of softball league), but I agree 100% that it would be the best night to do this on. 👍

And if we want to make it really complicated lets give divisions a PP handicap. Say 10pp for each division. So a 500 pp race would be 490 for division 4, 480 for D3, 470 for D2 and 460 for D1;)

I never said I wanted to make it really complicated :)

lets keep this as simple as possible

I can't do Thursdays (because of softball league), but I agree 100% that it would be the best night to do this on. 👍

Thanks Zero. Would you want us to do this in one of the divisional lounges or is this gonna have to be an open lobby thing?

I have this idea that would work as a D3 style race, the only problem is that I don't have access to the PS3 at the normal SNAIL race times, would I be able to host a race during the afternoon if you guys like the idea?

I have this idea that would work as a D3 style race, the only problem is that I don't have access to the PS3 at the normal SNAIL race times, would I be able to host a race during the afternoon if you guys like the idea?

Let's hear it!

Hmm, i have all the cars you listed. Was wondering if I could run the BMW GTR Race Car or R8 LMS.

EDIT: unless you weren't the one who posted the mini enduro race with the mazdas and stuff.

That was me. I started a thread for it here. I added the R8 LMS yesterday and I just added the BMW to the list, but I'm pretty sure it will be slower than the rest.

My idea is this, using the three cars used for that week in SNAIL, we will do Double Team Racing, you and a partner of your choice must stay hooked together for the race. All races will be on Daytona, Indy, SSRX or Motegi Superspeedway. Tuning, mics & fuel consumption are disabled and there are penalties for splitting apart from your teammate (Every second you are apart is doubled as your total time). Boost is on high so that every race is a close race no matter what skill level you are you will have a good time and contend for the win. Teammates can not be picked until race time comes and you must switch partners after every race. The beginning of the race has a 10 second grace period before penalties will be in effect. Races will last 45 minutes at most and run from 5PM Eastern to until we finish. The aids currently allowed in Division 5 will be allowed.

Jahgee1124
My idea is this, using the three cars used for that week in SNAIL, we will do Double Team Racing, you and a partner of your choice must stay hooked together for the race. All races will be on Daytona, Indy, SSRX or Motegi Superspeedway. Tuning, mics & fuel consumption are disabled and there are penalties for splitting apart from your teammate (Every second you are apart is doubled as your total time). Boost is on high so that every race is a close race no matter what skill level you are you will have a good time and contend for the win. Teammates can not be picked until race time comes and you must switch partners after every race. The beginning of the race has a 10 second grace period before penalties will be in effect. Races will last 45 minutes at most and run from 5PM Eastern to until we finish. The aids currently allowed in Division 5 will be allowed.

Liking that wing man idea. Sadly I can't make the time slot.

Back