â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,806 comments
Bought the 3 cars, can't find time trail room.

NSX RM
FT-86 G sports
McLaren MP4-12C

Hey TorqueHappenS08,

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :) You run the time trial on your own in GT5 - Arcade Mode - Time Trial, the post linked below has all the directions on how to set it up đź‘Ť Can you confirm which psn id you'll be using to race with, thanks!

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

lol sorry I was just messing with you. Tonight I'd totally be down for some practice though if it helps someone get faster.

It was fine Jazz. I have no problem being slower than others. It is good to see faster drivers and watch there lines. It is how I got to #360 on GTA. It took hours of practice but made me faster. I learned that the difference between me and the best is that they can get there much quicker.

Ultimately if you ever see me in there please come show me how it is done:)

anyone want to do some practice or shuffle around 12:30-1am? I'm going to be painting white-black color swatches (color theory class, yuck) until about then, but I need to get some driving in!

You know me I will join in a bit for some late night S.N.A.I.L. practice.

Holy Shnikeys! I have entered into the realm of the Dragon! An early b-day gift has catapulted me into transition from the DS3 to the land of wheel and pedals... Although it is *only* a DFGT, what I am experiencing is just amazing! I just ran the Super Leggera at Cape Ring and WOW I can't believe how much fun I am having! I have created a new GT5 profile and have began a complete new game with the wheel but with one difference. I am running this new game a-la S.N.A.I.L... I have played Gran Turismo since it came out on the PS1 and have always played the game with HEAVY tuning and race softs but this time around (due to the SNAIL influence) I am running every race from the get go with a stock car with whatever tires it came with and am having an incredible experience! No aids, no tuning, box stock cars (something I have never tried) is turning out to be funner than Columbus with speed boats!! I just want to give credit to being a SNAIL. Being a part of this league has really taught me so much and with this new transition I really appreciate what the founders of this league have created. Thanks you guys!!!

ExoSphere64
Holy Shnikeys! I have entered into the realm of the Dragon! An early b-day gift has catapulted me into transition from the DS3 to the land of wheel and pedals... Although it is *only* a DFGT, what I am experiencing is just amazing! I just ran the Super Leggera at Cape Ring and WOW I can't believe how much fun I am having! I have created a new GT5 profile and have began a complete new game with the wheel but with one difference. I am running this new game a-la S.N.A.I.L... I have played Gran Turismo since it came out on the PS1 and have always played the game with HEAVY tuning and race softs but this time around (due to the SNAIL influence) I am running every race from the get go with a stock car with whatever tires it came with and am having an incredible experience! No aids, no tuning, box stock cars (something I have never tried) is turning out to be funner than Columbus with speed boats!! I just want to give credit to being a SNAIL. Being a part of this league has really taught me so much and with this new transition I really appreciate what the founders of this league have created. Thanks you guys!!!

Welcome to the wheel world:)

chatva
I'll get be there soon

Chatva, soren, and gamble,

Thanks for some fun clean racing. That was the most fun I have had all week. I hope I can make the racing on Sunday:)

Long live S.N.A.I.L.:)

ExoSphere64

Very well said
Since I joined, I too have a greater appreciation of true skill.

Ok Here's my list of duplicate premium cars. The standard list will take a bit longer to compile. Not sure which ones are tradeable or not but I'm sure one or more of you will know. If any are wanted for the prize fund let me know over PSN. Prize fund gets priority but anyone who wants one of these is welcome to it. First come first served with an FR stating which car you want or PSN message for any who are already in my FL.

Year Make Model
-- Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
1960 Art Morrison Corvette
2005 Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS
2008 Citroën C4 WRC
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2008 Ferrari SP1
1970 Gran Touring Garage Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer
-- Gran Turismo PDI RACING KART 100
2008 HKS CT230R
2004 Honda Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM
2007 Lexus Lexus IS F RM
2008 Lexus Weds Sport IS350
1991 Mazda Ă©fini RX-7 Type R (FD)
1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package)
2008 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG
2010 Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept

Last edited:
An easy way to see if a car is tradeable: open your garage, select the car.

If the car is eligible, the "give to friend" button, just to the left of the "Sell" button is white.

If the button is gray'd out, you cannot trade it.

Last edited:
I would like to join - thanks

Hey miguelmendoza,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. đź‘Ť

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.

Follow These Steps:
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

I would like to join

Hey Jfin,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. đź‘Ť If you can get me your time trial before 6:00 PM Sunday night, we can get you racing tomorrow :)

Follow These Steps:

Is this a Northern Shield uprising? You can tell winter is coming. :dopey: We should do a Canada VS USA race sometime for fun.

Important S.N.A.I.L. Division Leveling Announcement​

Hello S.N.A.I.L.s,

Once again we find ourselves with an influx of new S.N.A.I.Ls, and that's a very good thing đź‘Ť

But due to the surge in our numbers, zer05ive and I have had to make a tough decision.

To ensure our Divisions have similar numbers, and numbers that will compete well with each other, siz drivers have been promoted. If you haven't received a pm from me indicating you were promoted, you'll be racing in the same Division as you were last week. Our normal policy when promoting Drivers mid-month, is to clear the points slate for those drivers, as the points they earned were in a different Division.

Since the September long weekend was one of our lower turn out race nights and September has five weeks in it, we have an opportunity to wipe the slate clean for all drivers in the name of fairness. The September season will now be four weeks long starting tomorrow night. Your best three nights of the four will count towards your final points total in September.

We didn't make this decision lightly, but felt it a necessary step to keep our Divisions as full and fair as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to pm me.

The Drivers List has been updated.

Cheers, your humble S.N.A.I.L. Herder :)

kcheeb

Is this a Northern Shield uprising? You can tell winter is coming. :dopey: We should do a Canada VS USA race sometime for fun.

Fall back, fall back, one of them has caught on :)

EDIT: That would be a lot of fun goat!

kcheeb
Important S.N.A.I.L. Division Leveling Announcement

Hello S.N.A.I.L.s,

Once again we find ourselves with an influx of new S.N.A.I.Ls, and that's a very good thing đź‘Ť

But due to the surge in our numbers, zer05ive and I have had to make a tough decision.

To ensure our Divisions have similar numbers, and numbers that will compete well with each other, siz drivers have been promoted. If you haven't received a pm from me indicating you were promoted, you'll be racing in the same Division as you were last week. Our normal policy when promoting Drivers mid-month, is to clear the points slate for those drivers, as the points they earned were in a different Division.

Since the September long weekend was one of our lower turn out race nights and September has five weeks in it, we have an opportunity to wipe the slate clean for all drivers in the name of fairness. The September season will now be four weeks long starting tomorrow night. Your best three nights of the four will count towards your final points total in September.

We didn't make this decision lightly, but felt it a necessary step to keep our Divisions as full and fair as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to pm me.

The Drivers List has been updated.

Cheers, your humble S.N.A.I.L. Herder :)

kcheeb

Can we vote on this? How about 3 out of 5? Not trying to make a problem just asking.

In the interest of keeping things simple for the SNAIL herder and in the interest of not piling up extra projects for myself. I will continue to use my driving force wireless (without pedals) throughout the month of September.

This will allow a couple of things to happen. I will not have to jump divisions in the middle of a month. I will have more time to design and refine a cockpit design for my newly acquired G27. Finally, and arguably most importantly, I will be able to finish the bathroom remodel I am working on and be able to keep with demand in my business which in turn will keep the wife happy, which is what allows me to have nice toys to begin with.

In the interest of keeping things simple for the SNAIL herder and in the interest of not piling up extra projects for myself. I will continue to use my driving force wireless (without pedals) throughout the month of September.

This will allow a couple of things to happen. I will not have to jump divisions in the middle of a month. I will have more time to design and refine a cockpit design for my newly acquired G27. Finally, and arguably most importantly, I will be able to finish the bathroom remodel I am working on and be able to keep with demand in my business which in turn will keep the wife happy, which is what allows me to have nice toys to begin with.

Your wife and I thank you ;)

Can't wait for you to get the G27 all tuned in đź‘Ť

Can we vote on this? How about 3 out of 5? Not trying to make a problem just asking.

The situation was, we were getting overly full in the other Divisions, to the point of possibly having drivers not able to race because of space issues. That would not have been good for anyone.

Division 1 had plenty of space, so we moved some of our best Division 2 drivers into Division 1 and the best from Division 3 to re-fill Division 2.

We now have near full rooms across the board, I think that's a good thing.

No?

Your wife and I thank you ;)

Can't wait for you to get the G27 all tuned in đź‘Ť

I've got some ideas bouncing around in my head. I'm going to be building a full cockpit from the ground up. I'll start with the seat from my playseat and build a shell around it. I'm going to carpet the entire inside of the rig and I will probably have my buddy that works at a sign shop whip up some graphics in vinyl for the outside. The whole thing needs to be able to slide under my pool table for easy and out of the way storage.

Once I get started on it, I'll post some pics and let everyone see the progress of the rig.

I've got some ideas bouncing around in my head. I'm going to be building a full cockpit from the ground up. I'll start with the seat from my playseat and build a shell around it. I'm going to carpet the entire inside of the rig and I will probably have my buddy that works at a sign shop whip up some graphics in vinyl for the outside. The whole thing needs to be able to slide under my pool table for easy and out of the way storage.

Once I get started on it, I'll post some pics and let everyone see the progress of the rig.

Excellent, would love to see it!

This area of :gtplanet: is rife with ideas.

And this thread in particular is wild :)

Back