◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,838 comments
G29 is pc and PS4 only
G920 is PC and Xbox one only.

Robs picture shows the fanatec xbone rim. I have a feeling only the PS4 rim will work unless he has a Drivehub.

I've been seriously looking at the CSL Elite wheels to go with my Elite CSL LC pedals.

Will that xbox wheel work on the PS4?
Supposedly all steering wheels are compatible with any base. Watched a video of simracegirl reviewing all Fanatec wheel bases and wheels. She said the Sony chip is in the CSL base while MS (Xbox) chip was in the steering wheel.

Robs picture shows the fanatec xbone rim. I have a feeling only the PS4 rim will work unless he has a Drivehub.
Hope not, I’ll be crying. I took in all information sources, especially the compatibility indications on Fanatec web site. I’ll find out in a matter of hours.

Supposedly all steering wheels are compatible with any base. Watched a video of simracegirl reviewing all Fanatec wheel bases and wheels. She said the Sony chip is in the CSL base while MS (Xbox) chip was in the steering wheel.

Hope not, I’ll be crying. I took in all information sources, especially the compatibility indications on Fanatec web site. I’ll find out in a matter of hours.

Very confusing, but it sounds right. Your set up should work on both consoles. The PS4 rim is a dumbed down rim without the xbone chip. The PS4 base has the PS4 chip and better internals than the xbone base.

I have to say, that's like a dream set up you have going. What are you mounting it on? The playseat?

Last edited:
Very confusing, but it sounds right. Your set up should work on both consoles. The PS4 rim is a dumbed down rim without the xbone chip. The PS4 base has the PS4 chip and better internals than the xbone base.
I have to say, that's like a dream set up you have going. What are you mounting it on? The playseat?
Yes, I am mounting it on a very old Playseat. That means I had to drill 2 holes in the mount plate for the wheelbase and I had to drill 4 holes in the shifter mount plate. Then I had to remove the pedals plate from this very old Playseat and mount the V3 inverted on my home made wooden base which originally was to just get the Playseat off the ground. (I didn’t like climbing off the floor every time I got out of the rig.) I’m wrapping up the hard mounting and will soon make wiring connections, followed by firmware updates. :cheers:

8224145836610716180_0.jpg

First attempt at really making liveries prior to a Sunday. What do you think?
Looks awesome @Neutty. Nice work

I'm not suggesting outlawing them - or banning the cars that benefit from them, and I don't have a solution really. I really have no idea what to do about it lol, I'm just bringing up the conversation because for the most part the advantage has been at the start and I could (begrudgingly) live with that, but now the advantage has moved into the actual race pace of the car itself and it has left me wondering if I even want to bother racing that combo as it won't matter how much effort I put into learning it if shifter drivers are lapping roughly half a second if not more faster per lap.
This " can of worms" debate has so many facets it's endless. It spills into the tons of options available for each individual racing. Myself, I love the purest effect. I like cockpit view, and like to drive each car as it was built. Paddles for those cars equipped, clutch and H-shift for otherwise. Heel-toeing is an easily learned skill with a little practice - and is very rewarding when done correctly. Especially when you have a Buttkicker hooked up to your rig and get some good backfires! But A-pillars are absolute apex blinders when using cockpit view. Missed shifts cost time. For every advantage gained in one combo, there's one lost in another... Well, it may not be one for one, but you get my point. The joy is in the clean competition that's gifted through this community, regardless of how each person is bringing their best. As long as they're not exploiting cheats, just be glad you've got some real talent to race against cleanly. And if $$ gives enough people enough advantage to make up an entire division, there's no shame in Dualshocking in D2. But I know @SAMHAIN85 did some serious damage with the thumb sticks. It's all about getting the best bang for your buck. I stopped getting angry with people for not using cockpit view and H-shifters a long time ago :lol:.

And I don't want to sound preachy, because you absolutely don't sound whiney! I just want to point out the many ways we can compete - Differently, but still, kinda equally... Does that make sense?

Last edited:
G29 setup (before).
Fanatec setup ( after).
Ya. ya, I’ll only hear about the nice cabby beads! My posterior needs air flow. The dimples do show on me for some time due to driving without pants. (Come on, I’m not the only one. Admit it. It’ll be our secret).
Looks great! Cabbie beads are great for making you have golf ball aerodynamics (especially pantless) and thus driving faster. Sweet!

Back