◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,813 comments
upload_2020-3-1_23-0-57.png

Scores for Mar 1st have been copied to Data. Summary here

This was the final race night for the February 2020 Season. Thanks to all who review incidents, enter scores and data, host, texters, upload replays, manage the lobbies - and to all the racers.

<<<<< SNAIL INVITATIONAL SURVEY RESULTS >>>>>
Thanks to all members who responded to the survey last week. See the report attached to the post below. It is in PDF format. If you can't open it, let me know and I'll try and post it in a different way.

Bottom Line: We will put this event on hold until further notice. Details and conclusions are in the report.

Thanks to all the members who contributed over the years with replays, pictures, texting, scoring assists, running the nights when I was out of town. Too many to mention. You can see their names in the results posts here

Attachments

• Feb 2020 Survey - SIR.pdf
    989.4 KB · Views: 20

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 1, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 94 (87.02 for Prize B)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. NASCARNATE91 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. HYPERTWINZ-H ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90 (64.80 for Prize C)
  2. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Mt626v6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (119.18 for Prize A)
  2. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Private_Smiles ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. nog3861 ----------- did not submit a vote
  9. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
  14. Raw10_2u ---------- did not submit a vote
  15. Drummmer1979 ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - TOYOTA 86 GR.4 (RH) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 20:00 Clear (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @JLBowler wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 25TH ANNIVERSARY 1988 (SS) at Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Rob Brown so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Prize Announcement

We have two repeat prize winners this week for prize B and C.

At this point, if you raced in D2 this week, you get to vote to freeze the car or the track. The deadline to vote will be 11:59 PM ET tonight (Tuesday). At that time, a suggestion window will open for anyone that raced in D1 this week to suggest a car or track, depending upon what D2 decides to keep.

So, for right now, the drivers of D2 need to cast a vote to freeze the Lamborghini or Nurburgring GP. You must vote in this thread, you only get one vote, and you can't edit your post to change your vote. Voting will close at 11:59 PM ET or when a majority is reached.

@DublDee @N38824r @soundtiger95 @Grandpa Money @Akzl298 @Mt626v6

If you’re listed above you raced in division 2 this past Sunday and you get to cast your vote whether to freeze the Countach or Nürburgring GP. Please do so by this evening at which time SAMHAIN can begin the replacement process with D1 guys.
Freeze the countach

Prize Announcement

At this point, if you raced in D2 this week, you get to vote to freeze the car or the track. The deadline to vote will be 11:59 PM ET tonight (Tuesday). At that time, a suggestion window will open for anyone that raced in D1 this week to suggest a car or track, depending upon what D2 decides to keep.

So, for right now, the drivers of D2 need to cast a vote to freeze the Lamborghini or Nurburgring GP. You must vote in this thread, you only get one vote, and you can't edit your post to change your vote. Voting will close at 11:59 PM ET or when a majority is reached.

To freeze the Lambo

Last edited by a moderator:
Prize Announcement

Hate the car... but I'm gonna say

Freeze the Lambo

Should be a better track for that beast

Prize Announcement

Freeze car

Prize Update

We have a majority to freeze the car.

The drivers of D1 will now have until Noon ET on Wednesday to make a suggestion for a track.

• You must make your suggestion here in the main thread
  • You get one suggestion
  • You may not change your suggestion
  • Please use the full name of the track and specify direction and time of day if using something other than default.

@Nicktune @nmcp1 @Timlour @Xradkins @Bologna_Duc @NASCARNATE91 @HyperTwinz @Fudman420

@SAMHAIN85 Below are your choices for Prize A that were submitted before the noon ET deadline.

Sorry for the delay, I had to go on a road trip to deliver parts for a customer with a warranty claim.

@SAMHAIN85 prize suggestion
Mount Panorama motor racing circuit
0800 clear

@SAMHAIN85 @JLBowler
Prize suggestion
Fuji International Speedway (Short)
04:45 Dawn

@SAMHAIN85 @JLBowler
Prize suggestion
Sardegna - Road Track -B
17:00 Evening

Prize A this week is in honor of something I've actually done in real life.

We will be racing the Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
It's an N500 car so sport soft will be the tire.
Time of day will be 17:00 Clear.
508 HP
3450 lbs.
I was able to run a few laps in the low 1:36's so mid division is probably 1:35.

For the real life story. When I worked for Bridgestone / Firestone, in what seems like another life, I was given the opportunity to attend a track day for dealers in advance of the Indy Car race (weekend before). Dodge was a co-sponsor of the event so we were using their vehicles, everything from a Neon to Ram trucks to the Viper Coupe with the V10. We all got to go for a ride along in the Viper early in the day to see the track. Next up was some skid pad and dirt work with the Ram. After lunch, we all got to take the Neon around the track with a passenger. All of this was done with different tires fitted to the cars so we could really feel the difference in sizes and models of tires. Toward the end of the day, the staff started pulling all the Vipers back out. The instructors that were running the whole thing made an announcement that a small group had been chosen to take the Viper on a semi-hot lap. They had based it on the applications we had to fill out before the event as there were questions about any racing experience that we may have had. As soon as they said this, I had a really good feeling that my application was going to get chosen and I was correct. I received a 45 minute session on the track in the Viper with the instructor in the passenger seat. We started out slow to get a feel for the car and the track and gradually built up pace. It is a completely different experience to be in a real car on a real track with real dirt and walls and real damage that can be done. This was even different than all the dirt track racing I have done in my life. This was not my car and it wasn't going to get fixed with a hammer, a cutting torch, and some extra sheet metal. I never did get anywhere near 100% but I was the only one of the 8 guys that were chosen to get under a 2 minute lap and my best was 1:56.

Anyway, that is the story of how I got to take a Viper around Laguna Seca and how it impacted the prize selection. Sorry to ramble on. Hopefully someone else got a grin from it.

@Rednose58

Back